Deadwood (the movie)

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I cam away a little disappointed with the movie. Ian Mcshane was great as usual,  but the story seemed a little weak and forced.

Same

Hearst wasn't a formidable villain

I was expecting Mrs Ellsworth to tell her daughter at some point about her real father

Most of the story seemed to revolve about getting Jane and Joni to ride off into the sunset happily ever after

What was the point of the new young wh*re?  Was she banging the director between scenes or something?

Wu was little more than a cameo :(

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Same

Hearst wasn't a formidable villain

I was expecting Mrs Ellsworth to tell her daughter at some point about her real father

Most of the story seemed to revolve about getting Jane and Joni to ride off into the sunset happily ever after

What was the point of the new young wh*re?  Was she banging the director between scenes or something?

Wu was little more than a cameo :(

I was wondering the same thing. She got a lot of screen time for not really having any impact on the story. The only thing I can think of is that she's supposed to represent a young Trixie, and the. Trixie gave her the talk, which may make her rethink her profession. 

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Don’t care that it wasn’t a cinematic masterpiece, I missed the language and the meter with which it was delivered and I was glad to have it back for a bit. 

The dialogue was fantastic.....the banter between Hearst and Charlie Cutter was top notch, as were many others. I'd rate it an A if we we judging on dialogue. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79