Colts sign Justin Houston

I like what the colts do over there recently, smart free agent signings. Big money, short deals. Uses their cap up, while keeping it free for later. They really just don’t need much so it’s hard to throw all that money out there knowing you’ll need some of it soon for resigning your own. Another solid draft and that team is pretty loaded up for years to come 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I like what the colts do over there recently, smart free agent signings. Big money, short deals. Uses their cap up, while keeping it free for later. They really just don’t need much so it’s hard to throw all that money out there knowing you’ll need some of it soon for resigning your own. Another solid draft and that team is pretty loaded up for years to come 

Yup..Seems like Frank has about the same style as McD speaking of building a team. I think they were a year ahead of us in the QB dept( meaning they already had theirs in place), but they put some help around Luck and seem setup to keep building. Hopefully this year we can get our Nelson and Leonard and keep pace. I like what they're doing over there

I’m glad the Bills didn’t go this route. The Colts, with Luck, are a few years ahead of the Bills and their window will close as Luck gets older. The Bills are at the very beginning of the QB journey. Build with rookies and middle pay free agents. There’ll be time to sign a blue chip player in years three or four of Allen’s development.

14 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm assuming Ansah wants a contract like this and that's why he doesn't have a job yet. 

It sounds like he's still rehabbing and can't pass a physical. Saints didn't offer him a contract either. If McBeene decides to offer him a contract it will be a one to two year prove it deal with an out after the first year

15 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Justin Houston isn’t a “next day guy”

The Bills signed some “next day guys” early in FA. I’d say Morse, Cole B, and John Brown were guys that moved the needle a bit. They fit and they will provide stability in much needed positions. The other guys are all wild cards. Hope a few of them come up aces and draft well.

What does that mean Next day guy?