Colts sign Justin Houston

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It looks like we did most of our work at the start of this free agency.....and now the "next day guys" are going to other teams this year.

Oh well....I really like our roster right now.   Onto the draft.

Justin Houston isn’t a “next day guy”

The Bills signed some “next day guys” early in FA. I’d say Morse, Cole B, and John Brown were guys that moved the needle a bit. They fit and they will provide stability in much needed positions. The other guys are all wild cards. Hope a few of them come up aces and draft well.

Just now, CommonCents said:

Justin Houston isn’t a “next day guy”

The Bills signed some “next day guys” early in FA. I’d say Morse, Cole B, and John Brown were guys that moved the needle a bit. They fit and they will provide stability in much needed positions. The other guys are all wild cards. Hope a few of them come up aces and draft well.

When did Justin sign?

He was not signed in initial free agency.....there fore he became a "next day guy"

Now....maybe we had had no shot at him?   Who knows.....

I agree that we have some wild cards in our group of free agents that we signed.   There was bound to be some.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

When did Justin sign?

He was not signed in initial free agency.....there fore he became a "next day guy"

Now....maybe we had had no shot at him?   Who knows.....

I agree that we have some wild cards in our group of free agents that we signed.   There was bound to be some.

Isn’t he a 3-4 guy anyways? I didn’t even know the Bills were interested. Some of these guys with injuries don’t get early offers because teams want them in for physicals which can’t take place until FA officially starts. 

I guess I don’t put much notice as to when a player signs. I look at what $ they got. That’s usually a better indication of how much a team values them. 

Houston got released 3 days before FA started, that probably factored in.