Met Ryan Fitzpatrick briefly at Busch Gardens Yesterday

16 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Of the not so great QBs we've have since Flutie Fitzmagic has to be my favorite. I'll never forget the Bengals game in 2010. 

I was at that game, as I was living up the road in Lima at the time. Took my wife (then girlfriend). We had just gone to the Lions game (her first Bills game) the week before at the Ralph, and it was the Bills' first win of the season if I remember correctly (I think we were 0-8 at the time or something like that). We got back to Lima Monday and started looking at tickets and couldn't believe how cheap they were for the Cincy game, especially for a broke-ass college kid. The week before at the Ralph it was like 38 and raining, and the next week in Cincy it was in the mid-70's... I think I got a sunburn that day. And it was the last week of November I believe. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Fitz:  Still earning the big bucks.

Brandon:  Shuffling bolts of cloth in Napoli’s stockroom.  Don’t even bother to see if he has a telephone extension.

...LOL....he's "unofficially" been barred from ever working in Buffalo again.....somebody with horsepower and megabucks has taken care of that.............

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Being in the top 35 in the history of the sport at the most critical position is now consistent with "never accomplishing anything of great merit"?

This place can be really messed up...

Oh, WEO, you know what I mean.

He's never won a SB, never been to a SB, never won a playoff game, never been to a playoff game, never won a division title, never gotten into the playoffs.

As I, and others, have stated before they should have picked Wilson in the 3rd based upon his play at Wisc (and not hind sight now) and Fitz should have been the starter during Wilson's rookie year. 

71...man, the guy had 71 TDs in 3 season straight season with the team (9 the year before for a total of 80 in his Bills career).  

10 hours ago, Ennjay said:

I have no idea what kind of money he's made, but FWIW Tommy Lee Jones (Al Gore's roommate) played running back for Harvard.  He was in the famous "Harvard Wins 29-29" game against Yale.

I know, he "hit it big on something else," but still...

Absolutely and the documentary on that game is pretty good.  However, his success didn't come from playing football.

25 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Oh, WEO, you know what I mean.

He's never won a SB, never been to a SB, never won a playoff game, never been to a playoff game, never won a division title, never gotten into the playoffs.

As I, and others, have stated before they should have picked Wilson in the 3rd based upon his play at Wisc (and not hind sight now) and Fitz should have been the starter during Wilson's rookie year. 

71...man, the guy had 71 TDs in 3 season straight season with the team (9 the year before for a total of 80 in his Bills career).  

Absolutely and the documentary on that game is pretty good.  However, his success didn't come from playing football.

I get what you're saying (although, by that criteria, the only thing separating Fitz from, say, Fouts, is 3 playoff wins).

Fitz has done very well for himself on a lot of mediocre to bad teams rife with bad coaches.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I get what you're saying (although, by that criteria, the only thing separating Fitz from, say, Fouts, is 3 playoff wins).

Fitz has done very well for himself on a lot of mediocre to bad teams rife with bad coaches.

Yes, WEO, yes, great point.

Man, why does no one ever bring that up?  He has spent his entire career on terrible teams.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yes, WEO, yes, great point.

Man, why does no one ever bring that up?  He has spent his entire career on terrible teams.

I always felt he was the smartest guy in the room with the coaches he has had.  His improvisational style and smarts , for instance, made chumps like Chan Gailey look passable as game  callers for a little while.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Being in the top 35 in the history of the sport at the most critical position is now consistent with "never accomplishing anything of great merit"?

This place can be really messed up...

What is he top 35 in?

(Honest question because he isn't there for yards or TDS)

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I always felt he was the smartest guy in the room with the coaches he has had.  His improvisational style and smarts , for instance, made chumps like Chan Gailey look passable as game  callers for a little while.

What makes Fitz the man is that he IS the smartest man in most rooms but he totally has the personality of a guy that's the life of any party.  Also a really good family man and a great backup QB who will try to steal your job if you get hurt.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Unless he had a stepladder nearby, or you have 46” vert you’re dreaming.

He’s not joking, I saw him slip his hand in the back pocket of a local weatherman’s jeans. 

When it comes to semi-attractive, semi-celebs Teef’s all hands. 

19 hours ago, JoeF said:

I will be rooting for the Dolphins every week but 2 weeks....and I truly hate the Dolphins

I really like Fitz. I can route for him on the Dolphins. But I couldn't route for him on the Jets. The Jet's are the team in our division I despise the most. Even more than the Cheaters. Beating Fitz and the Jets twice in Rex's first year, including knocking them out of the playoffs, was almost worth the Rex signing alone but not quite. And the following year was just stupid.

21 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Of the not so great QBs we've have since Flutie Fitzmagic has to be my favorite. I'll never forget the Bengals game in 2010. 

That was a game my friend scored tickets for from his employer and he took me. After trailing after the first half, Fitz and Johnson lit it up in the second half. Great game...

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

He’s not joking, I saw him slip his hand in the back pocket of a local weatherman’s jeans. 

When it comes to semi-attractive, semi-celebs Teef’s all hands. 

Leave the attitude in Maryland, bub.

On 3/21/2019 at 3:15 PM, dollars 2 donuts said:

Ryan is currently 50th in yards (29,357) behind Roman Gabriel and ahead of Jake Plumber.

4,110 yards gets him ahead of  Phil Simms at 35.

He has 190 TD passes (53rd), and 22 more gets him to Terry Bradshaw and Matt Hasselback at 35, but Flacco is there too and will be moving up, as well as Russell Wilson ahead of him still playing.

You have to compare him to his peers of his era, not just using all time numbers rank, since we are currently in a high flying passing era.

It's like in basketball, wilt Chamberlain numbers look like the best ever, but nobody calls him the goat, because his eras numbers and style of play were different.

Fitz is a great backup/spot starter, not the guy you want to bet your franchise success on, since he is too inconsistent.

43 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You'd have to ask the other poster...

I see.

Figured it out.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

You have to compare him to his peers of his era, not just using all time numbers rank, since we are currently in a high flying passing era.

It's like in basketball, wilt Chamberlain numbers look like the best ever, but nobody calls him the goat, because his eras numbers and style of play were different.

Fitz is a great backup/spot starter, not the guy you want to bet your franchise success on, since he is too inconsistent.

I see.

Figured it out.

SNY, you actually have to go back to my original post as I state when everything is said and done he will not have accomplished anything of great merit, but he doesn’t have to be ashamed of his career.

125 or 126 is a lot of games, albeit he is about 50-75, but he’ll start more in Miami.  Again he is not great, but man he has played on many bad teams and will end wandering around this league for 15-16 seasons.  

I wouldn’t likely give him a second thought if he spent 10 years as a back-up and threw 20 tds in 20 starts, but the guy has accomplished a little more than just yoeman credits in the league.

You don’t fall ass backwards into being on the verge of throwing 200 career tds.  You also are currently 3 td passes behind the guy who was taken first overall in your draft year, and you’ve had to fight and be traded to be “the guy” over that same period of time for whatever team you’ve played for.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

SNY, you actually have to go back to my original post as I state when everything is said and done he will not have accomplished anything of great merit, but he doesn’t have to be ashamed of his career.

125 or 126 is a lot of games, albeit he is about 50-75, but he’ll start more in Miami.  Again he is not great, but man he has played on many bad teams and will end wondering around this league for 15-16 seasons.  

I wouldnt likely give him a second thought if he spent 10 years as a back-up and threw 20 tds in 20 starts, but the guy has accomplished a little more than just yoeman credits in the league.

you don’t fall ass backwards into being on the verge of throwing 200 career tds and you are currently 3 behind the guy who was taken first overall in your draft year, given that you’ve had to fight and be traded to be “the guy” over that period of time for whatever team you’ve played for.

If there was a wing for backup QBs in Canton, Fitz would be there next to Frank Reich.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1