DT in the 2nd?

19 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Isn’t Simmons the one in the video beating the snot out of a woman?  If so, I’d rather draft Charles Manson.

I’ve heard people say the woman said or did something terrible, to which I respond “Umm, so?” 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

So....just a what if post

What if the bills draft say Jawann Taylor (OT) in the first....what if they trade down in the first....aquire a additional 2nd and take Hockinson

What 3 tech DT's (that could make an immediate impact) do you think would be available in the 2nd round?

This is what I have been saying is more likely than taking a DT at 9.  

IMO both Oliver and Wilkins will be on the board at 9 and Bills will not draft one of them and will either trade down or take an EDGE or help for Josh.  

I can see them taking Tillery in the 2nd.  The other guy to watch is Simmons.  If Simmons lasts until the later parts of round 1 or even early 2nd, I would not be surprised to see Beane move up a little to make sure he got him.  Beane loves talent and value, and who ever lands Simmons is going to get that.  

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have a feeling he could go end of 1st - what could drop him to 2nd is he recently had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder and it will set him back. Also (don’t shoot the messenger) there are concerns about how much he is focused on football because he’s “really smart and into books” (eye roll)

I have a feeling we are going to trade back into the first.  Pretty sure it will be the other way around.  We will be trading back into the first for an OL.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd rather sign Suh for a year or any FA and wait until next year instead of drafting a tier 2 or 3 DL this year. Great defensive lines really help in the win column, esqecially when you don't have a great QB (which we don't). Compomrise somewhere else.

I'd love to get dt dremont jones in the 2nd round... 

I have a feeling chris lindstrom will be our 1st round pick hopefully after a trade down...

1. Chris Lindstrom OG Boston College

2. Dremont Jones DT ohio st

3. David Williams RT wisconsin

4. Mike Weber RB ohio St

4. Terry Mclauren WR ohio st

5. Foster Monroue TE lsu

5. Trev Wesco TE W. Virginia

I'd be ecstatic if this is our draft

Edited by ChattanoogaBills

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Me too. I have a feeling he will be the Pats pick

Dolphins.  They are probably in tank mode.  What better way to not get better than taking a player who can't play.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is what I have been saying is more likely than taking a DT at 9.  

IMO both Oliver and Wilkins will be on the board at 9 and Bills will not draft one of them and will either trade down or take an EDGE or help for Josh.  

I can see them taking Tillery in the 2nd.  The other guy to watch is Simmons.  If Simmons lasts until the later parts of round 1 or even early 2nd, I would not be surprised to see Beane move up a little to make sure he got him.  Beane loves talent and value, and who ever lands Simmons is going to get that.  

I think we will trade into the teens and take Hockenson there if they have a trade partner.  I think Ed Oliver is going to be off the board before 9 and I think Josh Allen and Montez Sweat will not go as early as people think.  If we do this, I would like to take AJ Brown early rd 2, take the extra pick and package it to snag Tillery IF he's still on the board. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Isn’t Simmons the one in the video beating the snot out of a woman?  If so, I’d rather draft Charles Manson.

He is. And I never said he was a choirboy, though interesting you'd rather draft a mass murderer who tried to institute a race riot ?...

Simmons' incident happened in high school and he's had no issues since then. That doesn't absolve or justify his actions, I've seen the tape, what he did was horrendous. That said, he was an 18 year old kid and people grow and mature. It's unfortunate, but the NFL is full of players who've had past transgressions,  Leonard Little was allowed to play after multiple fatal DUIs... Sometimes talent wins out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

He is. And I never said he was a choirboy, though interesting you'd rather draft a mass murderer who tried to institute a race riot ?...

Simmons' incident happened in high school and he's had no issues since then. That doesn't absolve or justify his actions, I've seen the tape, what he did was horrendous. That said, he was an 18 year old kid and people grow and mature. It's unfortunate, but the NFL is full of players who've had past transgressions,  Leonard Little was allowed to play after multiple fatal DUIs... Sometimes talent wins out. 

Oh, the Charles Manson thing obviously was just a joke!  Lighten up Francis.  That said, I'm not touching this guy with a ten foot pole if I were a NFL GM.  I've seen the video as well, and it makes the Ray Rice video look like an episode of Sesame Street.  And that's like....just my opinion, noob ?

20 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Oh, the Charles Manson thing obviously was just a joke!  Lighten up Francis.  That said, I'm not touching this guy with a ten foot pole if I were a NFL GM.  I've seen the video as well, and it makes the Ray Rice video look like an episode of Sesame Street.  And that's like....just my opinion, noob ?

Light as a feather my friend -- I knew it was a joke. Just thought it was interesting that you brought a bazooka to a knife fight :D

Believe me, I get that what he did is a red flag to some. I've noticed that Buffalo fans, especially, are very focused on character -- which is great! Violence towards women is never okay, but I also think it's okay to give people second chances, again, especially when what they did happened as a kid and doesn't show a pattern of behavior. Just my take.

In a perfect world, he goes on to become a superstar (for the Bills) and takes the Mike Vick route and uses his position and success to help change the paradigm...

Kid is top-10 talent (Tillery is not) if he fell to us in the 2nd, I'd be okay with giving him that chance... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, glazeduck said:

Light as a feather my friend -- I knew it was a joke. Just thought it was interesting that you brought a bazooka to a knife fight :D

Believe me, I get that what he did is a red flag to some. I've noticed that Buffalo fans, especially, are very focused on character -- which is great! Violence towards women is never okay, but I also think it's okay to give people second chances, again, especially when what they did happened as a kid and doesn't show a pattern of behavior. Just my take.

In a perfect world, he goes on to become a superstar (for the Bills) and takes the Mike Vick route and uses his position and success to help change the paradigm...

Kid is top-10 talent (Tillery is not) if he fell to us in the 2nd, I'd be okay with giving him that chance... 

I hear ya, and I’m all about people changing and growing.  That said, ANYONE punching a woman in the face 75 times while pinning her to the ground is unforgivable, IMO.  Similar to someone who puts a bunch of puppies through a wood chipper when they’re 18 years old, but then gets help and cleans up their act.  Good for them, but I don’t want them on my football team ?

On 3/21/2019 at 12:39 PM, John from Riverside said:

So....just a what if post

What if the bills draft say Jawann Taylor (OT) in the first....what if they trade down in the first....aquire a additional 2nd and take Hockinson

What 3 tech DT's (that could make an immediate impact) do you think would be available in the 2nd round?

Always, Always, Always take the best player available especially top 10. Obviously I don't think we take a QB or RB in those spots even if they are BPA but we are in need of interior DL and edge rushers both of which should be available to us at pick #9, I truly believe we'll take one but again I won't be upset if we take 1 of the OT's or a WR I just think the true BPA has to be a DL imo. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I hear ya, and I’m all about people changing and growing.  That said, ANYONE punching a woman in the face 75 times while pinning her to the ground is unforgivable, IMO.  Similar to someone who puts a bunch of puppies through a wood chipper when they’re 18 years old, but then gets help and cleans up their act.  Good for them, but I don’t want them on my football team ?

I bet you'd be all in for Big Ben had the Bills not drafted Allen

On 3/21/2019 at 1:20 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t have access to Cover 1 archetypes but they did a big article about Tillery and how he fits the Bills prototype athletically at that position. Astro also said they scouted ND live 3x.

I’m a ND fan and got to watch a lot of this kid. Motor runs hot and cold and he seemed to disappear down the stretch but was apparently playing with an injured shoulder. Would be a pretty good fit at the 3 tech.

On 3/21/2019 at 6:14 PM, ChattanoogaBills said:

I'd love to get dt dremont jones in the 2nd round... 

I have a feeling chris lindstrom will be our 1st round pick hopefully after a trade down...

1. Chris Lindstrom OG Boston College

2. Dremont Jones DT ohio st

3. David Williams RT wisconsin

4. Mike Weber RB ohio St

4. Terry Mclauren WR ohio st

5. Foster Monroue TE lsu

5. Trev Wesco TE W. Virginia

I'd be ecstatic if this is our draft

If we signed Quenton Spain I doubt we go with a guard in the draft. Already have 5 on the roster. Need another Tackle