Slavery Reparations V.2 - A Worthy Discussion

30 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Obviously the politicians don’t give a whit about black people, but sadly and incomprehensibly, this is what they have been able to sell to ordinary people.  

I disagree. History shows the left care very much about black Americans. Look at all the stuff they give them? I especially love their "Have More Kids Out Of Wedlock, Get More Welfare" Incentive Program. 

I suspect the reparations stuff is the DNC realizing that they're losing the black vote.

Think about it. Has there been a president, in your lifetime, who has done less to help black Americans than the first black president?

Remember Peggy? 

All Obama did was make her life worse. These aren't stupid people. They know they got screwed.

When you're out of bullets, throw the gun. The DNC is out of bullets. Their only answer now is "How about if we just give you all millions of dollars and the entire marijuana industry?"

20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

it is nothing more than an attempt by the Left to buy votes. other than the PR they would get, they could care less about reparations.

buy what votes?

they already hold 100% of the voters who agree with it

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Obviously the politicians don’t give a whit about black people, but sadly and incomprehensibly, this is what they have been able to sell to ordinary people.  

Now granted I live in the looney capital of the US, but I actually know people bought into this “am I really being not-racist enough” and “how do I deal with my white privilege” nonsense.  It’s incredible.

In NY, they have mandated training for attorneys in diversity stuff, as part of our biennial Continuing Legal Education requirements. As near as I can figure from what training I sat through, I'm supposed to feel bad for being white or something.

My friend, who is of Asian descent, was really pissed off at how racist he thought the diversity training he sat through was. I thought he was going to pop a vein, he was so pissed. It was funny.

• Haha (+1) 1

If reparations in some way shape or form are adopted, then shouldn't affirmative action, government contract preferences, and any other legislated "equal playing field" regulations be cut back or eliminated?  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

In NY, they have mandated training for attorneys in diversity stuff, as part of our biennial Continuing Legal Education requirements. As near as I can figure from what training I sat through, I'm supposed to feel bad for being white or something.

My friend, who is of Asian descent, was really pissed off at how racist he thought the diversity training he sat through was. I thought he was going to pop a vein, he was so pissed. It was funny.

Wait.  An Asian person pissed at something they thought was racist?  Now that's some hypocritical stuff right here. 

Is there an actual name out there for someone who is making this suggestion?  I can't wait until the native americans want in on this one and most of those descendants of the slaves have to leave along with all the white people.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

So let me add to my list of questions.

8.  What are those that get the reparations expected to do with the money to make their lives better?  How will this money help?  How can we follow up on this

9.  Here's a big one.  What about the black people that have not yet been born yet?  This, if legally challenged,  could go into perpetuity.  

10. If we do reparations, are we even?  No more need for affirmative action and quotas etc.?

My friend who is a rabid yellow dog Democrat and all in on all things progressive asked me that.  I have wondered about that myself too.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

If reparations in some way shape or form are adopted, then shouldn't affirmative action, government contract preferences, and any other legislated "equal playing field" regulations be cut back or eliminated?  

I'm going to demand reparations for each and every one of those programs! 

Not my fault that the stupid Democrats stole my earnings and gave it away on useless programs that benefited only their own reelection campaigns.

48 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

10. If we do reparations, are we even?  No more need for affirmative action and quotas etc.?

My friend who is a rabid yellow dog Democrat and all in on all things progressive asked me that.  I have wondered about that myself too.

Pretty sure the answer to that is "Yes, they're still needed, because reparations only correct past racism, but AA and quotas correct future racism."

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

I'm going to demand reparations for each and every one of those programs! 

Not my fault that the stupid Democrats stole my earnings and gave it away on useless programs that benefited only their own reelection campaigns.

I'm going to demand that Black Panther be prefaced with "Wakanda is not a real place, you idiots."

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Is there an actual name out there for someone who is making this suggestion?  I can't wait until the native americans want in on this one and most of those descendants of the slaves have to leave along with all the white people.

When do us Irish Catholics get our reparations?

Image result for irish need not apply

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'm going to demand that Black Panther be prefaced with "Wakanda is not a real place, you idiots."

Wakanda is a perfect example of a red-lined neighborhood.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/21/reparations-slavery-2020-democratic-candidates

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I have been tasked (hey by Tasker...I made a funny and didn't even mean to) with starting this thread. This is a topic that some Dems are actually floating out there as a 2020 campaign platform plank.  There are so many things wrong with this idea and no one ever asks the simple questions to politicians when the talk about this stuff.  So here are my questions.

1.  How will we determine who get's reparations and why?

2.  What about a family who moved here from somewhere else in the last 150 years years who had no ancestors who were slaves?

3.  At what point in time were blacks no longer affected by racial discrimination that can be traced back to slavery?

4.  What type of slippery slope is this and who will be next to hold their hand out?

5.  Why am I being punished for something my ancestors did?  And I'm not just talking about slavery here.  

6.  Just because they suffer from white guilt why should I have to pay?

7.  And my favorite all-time question....................WHY?

Will the Africa nations/tribes that sold the slaves to the evil white europeans also contribute?