Bills still looking to add to DL in FA per Beane

4 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I’m sure they will add to the DL next month. Im not sure it’ll be through free agency. Very confident pick 9 is going DL

Thinking 9 will either be DL, Edge, OT, or trade down

If traded down, all three above plus TE

5 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I’m sure they will add to the DL next month. Im not sure it’ll be through free agency. Very confident pick 9 is going DL

On a positional basis, the dline is definitely a smart way to go at nine if we are going best player available. The quality of the defensive tackles and ends is very high in this draft

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I see the Ansah thread is closed now but he’s still in play, amongst others 

Maybe I'm reading this differently, but my interpretation is that Beane said that DL will be addressed either via FA or draft ... in which case ... DUH!!

I don't get that FA is the preference based on how this tweet is worded.

• Like (+1) 1

Here is the interview 

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Maybe I'm reading this differently, but my interpretation is that Beane said that DL will be addressed either via FA or draft ... in which case ... DUH!!

I don't get that FA is the preference based on how this tweet is worded.

it’s not one or the other - he’s saying  they aren’t done looking to address the DL in FA, irresepective of the draft 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here is the interview 

it’s not one or the other - he’s saying  they aren’t done looking to address the DL in FA, irresepective of the draft 

I can't use Twitter at work, so thank you!!  Matt Parrino is from that hack site, so I'm not surprised that his tweet was poorly worded.  Thanks, again, for clarifying.

7 minutes ago, Cheesus said:

This is a very general statement haha, title should be changed to "in fa or draft per beane". 

Sounds like #Bills likely will add on d-line in free agency or draft

If you listen to the interview, he indicates that they are still looking at adding to the DL in FA, which is what the title says. I think it’s obvious are looking at DL in the draft - they are looking at everything except QB and have tons of picks. But some thought that they might be done in FA after not signing Ansah (yet)... the interesting point of the interview is that he said they aren’t done trying to address it. Whether they sign anyone, tbd

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I can't use Twitter at work, so thank you!!  Matt Parrino is from that hack site, so I'm not surprised that his tweet was poorly worded.  Thanks, again, for clarifying.

He also said they haven’t decided on 5th year option for Shaq and will look into extension for Hughes after the draft

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you listen to the interview, he indicates that they are still looking at adding to the DL in FA, which is what the title says. I think it’s obvious are looking at DL in the draft - they are looking at everything except QB and have tons of picks. But some thought that they might be done in FA after not signing Ansah (yet)... the interesting point of the interview is that he said they aren’t done trying to address it. Whether they sign anyone, tbd

Thanks Yolo; to me this is good news because they had the #2 Defense in the league last year and I want to see them to continue to build depth and talent. 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe he said he was in a holding pattern right now and they were likely done looking at FA DL at this point, but maybe after the draft (seems like he was open to picking up someone who might be available via trade or getting cut as a result of a team drafting a younger player).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I believe he said he was in a holding pattern right now and they were likely done looking at FA DL at this point, but maybe after the draft (seems like he was open to picking up someone who might be available via trade or getting cut as a result of a team drafting a younger player).

He said there are a couple other guys, in addition to Ansah (whether they sign him or not) who they are looking at and in a holding pattern (like with Ansah). 

Sounds like he’s waiting for their price to come down - and won’t overpay to get them before the draft