Fishies get a new RB....

The Tomcat

Dolphins | Gordon Acquired in Deal with Rams - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 8 Sep 2004 06:08:43 -0700

Jay Glazer, of Fox Sports, reports on Foxsports.com that the Miami Dolphins have traded a 2005 third-round draft choice to the St. Louis Rams for RB Lamar Gordon. The deal is dependent upon Gordon passing a physical with the Dolphins.

Not a bad player actually.....3rd pick seems kind of high but hey, it's the Dolfags so who cares...better for us....

So the Dolphins have given away their 2nd and 3rd round picks in next year's draft for a backup QB and a RB who may or may not start for them? Sounds good to me.

So the Dolphins have given away their 2nd and 3rd round picks in next year's draft for a backup QB and a RB who may or may not start for them? Sounds good to me.

21786[/snapback]

not to mention what they gave up for boston.

It's all relative.  He is an improvement over Morris & Minor, but yet to be determined if he can carry the workload for 16 games.  A 3rd round pick is a small price to pay if he pans out.  He had some decent games in St Louis filling in for Faulk.

21979[/snapback]

So did Trung Canidate

21786[/snapback]

Better Than a Ryan Denney and an Angelo Crowell.

The difference being Danny Snyder threw a wheelbarrow full of money at Canidate.  Gordon is probably still under his rookie contract.

22003[/snapback]

I'm wrong...Looks like Canidate signed a new contract with St Louis prior to being traded to the Rams.

St. Louis, MO (Sports Network) - The St. Louis Rams have traded running back Trung Canidate to the Washington Redskins in exchange for guard David Loverne and a 2003 fourth round draft selection.

Guest Guest_deerhunter_*
The third string RB should compliment their third string QB quite nicely...:doh:

21956[/snapback]

How many times has that third stringer beat the Bills??Dont count your eggs before they hatch!!!!

Rick Spielman took Ogunleye,a player that was absolutely sitting out the 1st 10 games of the year and holding out for HUGE MONEY and traded him to Chicago for their BEST receiver and a 3rd round pick......

He then takes a 3rd round pick and trades it to the RAMS for a running back with very good upside potential and could put up decent numbers as a starter....

I'm the first to admit I'm a bit of a Homer....but, I think this was a great move by the Fins front office....a starting receiver, and starting RB for a disgruntled holdout who had Rosenass as an agent looking for Jevon Kearse type signing bonus....

It'll all come down to how fast the O-Line will be able to play as a productive unit....if they can just play adequate....the Fins D will keep them in many games...

As for "not to mention what they gave up for Boston???????" If memory serves, it was a 6th round pick :doh:

Rick Spielman took Ogunleye,a player that was absolutely sitting out the 1st 10 games of the year and holding out for HUGE MONEY and traded him to Chicago for their BEST receiver and a 3rd round pick......

He then takes a 3rd round pick and trades it to the RAMS for a running back with very good upside potential and could put up decent numbers as a starter....

I'm the first to admit I'm a bit of a Homer....but, I think this was a great move by the Fins front office....a starting receiver, and starting RB for a disgruntled holdout who had Rosenass as an agent looking for Jevon Kearse type signing bonus....

It'll all come down to how fast the O-Line will be able to play as a productive unit....if they can just play adequate....the Fins D will keep them in many games...

As for "not to mention what they gave up for Boston???????"  If memory serves, it was a 6th round pick :doh:

22782[/snapback]

Getting the best receiver on the Bears for a pass rushing defensive end is a little like trading Jevon Kearse for the best running back on the current Fish roster. Not sure I'd be real happy about that.

Optimism before the first game can change real quick.

Getting the best receiver on the Bears for a pass rushing defensive end is a little like trading Jevon Kearse for the best running back on the current Fish roster.  Not sure I'd be real happy about that.

Optimism before the first game can change real quick.

22787[/snapback]

Darin....

What pass rushing defensive end? Is it your belief that O-Gun would have ended his hold-out and played for the Fins in game 1 and beyond? My point is that the Fins got something of need for a player that was adamantly holding out for a BIG PAYDAY...how it works out for the Fins is something nobody knows...I just know the Fins will have 2 players on the field for the first game and beyond instead of a player holding out. AND they will be paying far less for these 2 players than 1 Wale.....

Do you have any idea what the BEARS are paying O-Gun?