What do you think the Bills record will be this season?

BmarvB

there is legit potential and grounds for more optimism than most of the last 20 years

but inertia and tradition requires the annual 6-10

and hoping it's way too low

all i ask is they don't start 4-1 and end up 6-10

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BmarvB said:

10-6 looks doable to me, but 9-7 seems more realistic with this schedule. Matt Parrino is calling for a split with the pats. I have my doubts about that one.

http://expo.newyorkupstate.com/sports/g66l-2019/03/470e89ce66cd4/buffalo-bills-2019-schedule-gamebygame-predictions-playoffs.html

I think if Josh Allen makes no improvement this year over last year this is currently an 8-8, even before the draft.

If he is improved, even noticeably improved, I think it is no less than 9-7, maybe 10-6.

20 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I always want to predict 10-6 or better 

Are Josh's eyes closed?   Is he seeking a higher wisdom by touching Saint Thomas?  

6d3_ap18357764641086.jpeg

you were referring to the Pats right?  

"You used to be the GOAT"?Or was it "I aint got time to talk to a game manager type QB, where is Brees"

Edited by formerlyofCtown

It's a little early, since we haven't had the draft yet.  Lots could still change.  But let's try anyway.

I always try tackling the schedule from a few different angles.

Based purely on last year's results, the Bills will play 7 games against teams with winning records in 2018 (NE x 2, BAL, PIT, TEN, DAL, PHI).

They will play 9 games against teams with losing records (MIA x2, NYJ x 2, CIN, CLE, DEN, WAS, NYG).

They will play 5 games against teams who finished with the same or worse records than us at 6-10 (NYJ x 2, CIN, DEN, NYG).

Based solely on my own personal roster assessments (no scientific evidence), I anticipate NE, PIT and MIA to be marginally worse next season.  I also anticipate NYJ and CLE to be better next season.  I consider BAL to be a total wildcard, depending on the development of Lamar Jackson.  The other teams appear on the surface to be roughly the same as last season. 

Depending on the draft results, we could face up to 5 teams with rookie QBs this year (MIA x2, DEN, WAS, NYG).  The only teams we seem to be facing with elite level QBs would be NE x 2, PIT and PHI. 

Bottom line -- Our schedule next season (at this point) appears to be one of the easiest I've seen in awhile.  Outside of New England, we don't play any of the elite teams from last year like KC, LAC, NO, LAR.  We aren't facing many of the young up-and-coming teams like IND, HOU or CHI.  Our toughest opponents just may come from the other teams with developing quarterbacks like NYJ and CLE. 

We finished 6-10 last year, despite a brutal schedule, a rookie QB and virtually no talent on offense.  That record also counts Nathan Peterman and Derek Anderson basically throwing 4 games in the trash and Charles Clay dropping a game-winning touchdown.  Clay makes that catch and we go 4-2 after Allen's return from injury.  I think we are better everywhere on offense and face a significantly easier schedule.  If Allen makes any kind of progress, I fully expect us to win at least 9-11 games this year. 

16 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

"You used to be the GOAT"?Or was it "I aint got time to talk to a game manager type QB, where is Brees"

he would be the stupidest moron in the history of sports to even THINK that, let alone say it

Edited by row_33

23 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

The draft could push us into the playoffs if done in a sane way imo.

I think that we both can agree that 6-8 wins would be quite depressing.

Anything less than 8-8 is a failure

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Hard to predict. The defense was #2, which is so unbelievable to me. I don't feel like it was that good. They should be pretty good next year. 

a stat like that is only worth about 25% of the evaluation of reality

don't make it 125%

Hard to predict. The defense was #2, which is so unbelievable to me. I don't feel like it was that good. They should be pretty good next year. 

The offense was better towards the end of the season. Everything is pointing to a good season next year, I just don't know. 

Defense at #2 was a big surprise considering how many times they got blown out, offense did get better towards the end of the season except for the running game.

If the OL is truly upgraded, and the running game gets going like it once was, 10-6 has a chance but we can't allow teams to run all over us on the ground. If Fournette didn't get stupid, Jacksonville would have beaten us.

The offense was better towards the end of the season. Everything is pointing to a good season next year, I just don't know. 

2nd in yards allowed. I believe they were about 19th in points. My guess would be they allowed points on a short field.

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Too early.

If they pulled off a big trade for Julio Jones and shored up the defensive line sky's the limit, as they could be right up there with the Browns on teams expected to make a big jump to Superbowl contender, but they are a conservative group whom are slow playing thing and really value their college scouting and drafting. 

That said, anything worse then 9-7 would be disappointing, IMO.

the Browns are now a SuperBowl contender....

every frickin year with this...

you have to earn wins on the football field...

20 hours ago, DCOrange said:

It's not impossible, but Vegas is pretty good at this. Over the past 9 seasons, Vegas has been off on the Bills win total by a total of 1 win. The over has won 3/9 years with one of those years being by 0.5 a game.

And like I said, they're giving Buffalo like the 5th or 6th lowest Super Bowl Odds right now. Barring a miraculous draft, it will definitely be in the 5.5-6.5 range as far as the O/U goes. Anything above that would go against the Super Bowl odds.

2017 they predicted 6 wins. And we had 9. So there goes your theory.

8-8 

Offense will surprise and actually finish around 15th. And give high hopes for the future. 

Defense will also surprise but in a bad way as it takes a step back. Also finishing around 15th. 

Last year injuries werent too bad for the Bills. Will take a lot of hoping to get that lucky again. 

On 3/21/2019 at 10:02 AM, DCOrange said:

It's probably still too early to really make a good estimate at this point.

Barring something unforeseen though, I do not expect to make the playoffs; I'd guess around 6-8 wins as per usual.

So, is Groundhog Day your favorite movie?

I think it's obviously way too early to call numbers... BUT:

I believe this will be the first year that we see Brady* really start to decline, and the Pats* along with him.

The Jets will experience serious growing pains with a new coaching staff.

Miami is a train wreck.

This year Buffalo will be dominant in the AFCE.

Word.