Bills executives lobbying at state level for in-stadium gambling

How has this not been covered? 

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-executives-lobbying-state-level-100220940.html

ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports • March 21, 2019

The NFL has slowly cracked the door on gambling, after years of treating it as a boogeyman.

The Bills are ready to run through that door and start grabbing the money that’s behind it.

According to Tom Precious of the Buffalo News, officials from Pegula Sports and Entertainment (which owns the Bills and the NHL Sabres) were working the state assembly, with the goal of getting in-stadium gambling approved. A measure to allow online sports betting in New York is being discussed

Team representatives were in Albany yesterday to make sure they were heard by state government. They’ve also hired a lobbying firm for $7,500 a month to work on the issue.

Just now, bigK14094 said:

Gambling at sports venues has no appeal to me personally.  I would not partake even if it were present and legal.  I go for the football....really.

I think I might, but maybe beforehand online, or possibly by way of a couple buttons on an app.   I dont see myself jumping down from my seat to go to a kiosk or teller window.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Gambling at sports venues has no appeal to me personally.  I would not partake even if it were present and legal.  I go for the football....really.

I think it would be nice for the convenience.  Go in a little early after tailgaiting and throw some money down on football games. Or even something to do after the game while letting the traffic clear out (although that would probably be more likely after a win as I would be in a better mood lol)

I don't want to be that curmudgeon guy, but seems like overkill at this point in terms of trying to invent new "entertainment options" for the stadium crowds--all of the owners are trying to do that in some form or fashion under the guise of attracting more business/traffic, but at what point do you draw the line and say you're here for the game down on the field and treat the field with a little more priority than the ancillary food court at the mall? If the fans really are that bored/fickle, then find something else to do with your Sunday afternoons. Look, I'm all for more comfortable seats, cheaper concessions and decent wifi throughout, but I also know I'm not in Vegas when I'm attending a local sporting event, jmho. Did anyone see marketing genius Russ Brandon back in town coincidentally? :P

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How has this not been covered? 

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-executives-lobbying-state-level-100220940.html

ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports • March 21, 2019

The NFL has slowly cracked the door on gambling, after years of treating it as a boogeyman.

The Bills are ready to run through that door and start grabbing the money that’s behind it.

According to Tom Precious of the Buffalo News, officials from Pegula Sports and Entertainment (which owns the Bills and the NHL Sabres) were working the state assembly, with the goal of getting in-stadium gambling approved. A measure to allow online sports betting in New York is being discussed

Team representatives were in Albany yesterday to make sure they were heard by state government. They’ve also hired a lobbying firm for $7,500 a month to work on the issue.

As drunk as Bills fans get they will make a killing.