These last 2 drafts have been incredible and McBeane deserve more credit.

I know people will talk about Beane not being GM yet but him and McDermott have their fingerprints all over the 2017 draft.

Just off the bat , these drafts were 'Franchise Changing'. We're going to have 8-10 starters from these drafts entering week 1 of the upcoming season! And most these guys are high end starters. That's pretty amazing. 

Milano - Edmunds

Tre -Taron - Levi

Totally rebuilt the D in 2 years, that's incredible.

5 legit starters that all played a huge part in the #2 pass defense.

Harry Phillips plays a key role and can only improve.

Siran Neal is okay depth but again , he can only get better.

Even minus Neal , we added 6 legit contributers on defense in 2 years.

Dawkins - Teller (?)

Allen

Foster

So there's 3 legit starters , including Franchise QB .

Then you got Zay , Teller , Croom as good depth and should be major contributers.

That's 6 legit contributers on offense going into next year.

In that 2 year span we averaged 4 starters and 6 impact players. That's amazing when you think about it. These 2 drafts already have and will continue to have a huge impact on this franchise.

This is how you build a team and set them up for long term success. 

If we can continue to draft this well , we'd have long term,. Sustainable success. I've been saying that since they were hired . I've just had this gut feeling about them . 15 wins with their rosters is extremely impressive. Both seem to have the exact same vision and blueprint and work well together. Calculated, intelligent , patient .  Big things are in store for this franchise. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Nice.... but Beane wasn't here 2 drafts ago.

Some people have said here that he was assisting us in 2017 from Panthers HQ..

Not that I would buy into such scuttlebutt of course 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I feel McD and Beane had a very detailed gameplan going into that draft. 

35 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So, can I or can I not put the blame on Beane for passing on Mahomes :) 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I know people will talk about Beane not being GM yet but him and McDermott have their fingerprints all over the 2017 draft.

Just off the bat , these drafts were 'Franchise Changing'. We're going to have 8-10 starters from these drafts entering week 1 of the upcoming season! And most these guys are high end starters. That's pretty amazing. 

Milano - Edmunds

Tre -Taron - Levi

Totally rebuilt the D in 2 years, that's incredible.

5 legit starters that all played a huge part in the #2 pass defense.

Harry Phillips plays a key role and can only improve.

Siran Neal is okay depth but again , he can only get better.

Even minus Neal , we added 6 legit contributers on defense in 2 years.

Dawkins - Teller (?)

Allen

Foster

So there's 3 legit starters , including Franchise QB .

Then you got Zay , Teller , Croom as good depth and should be major contributers.

That's 6 legit contributers on offense going into next year.

In that 2 year span we averaged 4 starters and 6 impact players. That's amazing when you think about it. These 2 drafts already have and will continue to have a huge impact on this franchise.

This is how you build a team and set them up for long term success. 

If we can continue to draft this well , we'd have long term,. Sustainable success. I've been saying that since they were hired . I've just had this gut feeling about them . 15 wins with their rosters is extremely impressive. Both seem to have the exact same vision and blueprint and work well together. Calculated, intelligent , patient .  Big things are in store for this franchise. 

I would say they did a solid job and part of the reason we had guys come out of nowhere was from the overall lack of talent that was on this team. That gives young players more opportunities to showcase there talents. But at the same time u have to give credit to Mcd and his staff for developing these players. 

On the flip side we also made some big mistakes these last 2 drafts.  Mahomes was the major mistake then follow that up with a ton of young skill position guys they missed out on.  Kamara, Kittle, Juju , Galladay,  Kupp are a few that come to mind in 2017 and in 2018 we had Maurice Hurst just waiting to be drafted and we took another run stopper instead in Harrison.  These kind of mistakes are costly as now we might spend a 1st rd pk on filling that hole at the 3T . I think overall this administration has done a good job and we are headed in the right direction but we lack game changers on this team and that will be the hardest part of this team building . Otherwise we are building to become the next Tennessee Titans a 9-7 middle pack team. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Yeah, Beane does have his fingerprints all over a 2017 draft. That would be the 2017 draft of the Carolina Panthers.

Here, it was McDermott who should be given most of the credit for the 2017 draft, with a bit to Whaley.

As for 2018, yeah, it looks good too and Beane gets a ton of the credit.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Beane in Carolinas War Room 2 years ago "No Mr. Gettelmen Tre White has bust written all over him  shouldnt draft Tre" Lol

2 hours ago, QCity said:

He's VP of football ops for the XFL.

Posters are gonna hate that.  Here come the pitch forks and torches.

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

My biggest question about the 2017 draft..

Who found Milano?

Hope that dude got a raise..

It was an accident. 

Someone was talking about Cookie Gilchrist and the guy at the table misunderstood and thought they wanted Milano.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I would say they did a solid job and part of the reason we had guys come out of nowhere was from the overall lack of talent that was on this team. That gives young players more opportunities to showcase there talents.

I think it's pretty hard to make your case. Bills were 7-9 and 8-8 for the two years before those drafts, and they had crappy coaching except for Lynn in the second tear.  How bad could the talent have been?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I think it's pretty hard to make your case. Bills were 7-9 and 8-8 for the two years before those drafts, and they had crappy coaching except for Lynn in the second tear.  How bad could the talent have been?

At QB? Awful. And that was that team's ceiling.

20 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

It's obvious they gutted the roster that's why.