3, possibly 4 QBs taken in the 1st rd before the Bills pick?

43 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I think they come away w Quinnen Williams, stud defensive players seem to fall to those jerkoffs every year.

From the rumors, the Niners love Williams and they did just trade for Dee Ford so it’s very possible Bosa is there at 3

I'm hoping Beane works up a "potion" on Gettleman or Chucky.

Something like Chucky gets his blood up after pick 4 and still wants a QB because only 1 is off the board at 8.

Beane tells him he's got suitors at 9 and Gruden trades pick 24 and #27 for the Bills #9 and swap their #35 for Bills #40.

Off course Beane also gets the "obligatory" 2020 3rd rounder.

• Like (+1) 1

Murray and Haskins WILL go before 9.

Anyone else would be a huge surprise, but crazier things have happened. Just because a "class" isn't highly touted doesn't mean it's not going to bear fruit.

2017 was considered weak. How'd that work out? 

• Like (+1) 1

At best Murray and Haskins will be drafted before #9. It's not as good of a class as last year was.  The Giants, Dolphins, Bengals, Redskins and then if Arizona or Oakland want to shake things up they will jump in.  I could see A situation where 3 go but Arizona, Oakland and the Giants reaching for one at #6.  Not likely.  

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

After last year’s run on QBs in last year’s draft and several teams this year with QB needs I would not be the least bit surprised if as many as 4 QBs are taken before the Bills pick at #9.

If there’s any truth to the Cardinals taking Murray with the 1st overall pick then I could see the Giants and the Raiders jumping on Haskins. Don’t kid yourself, Gruden has always been QB happy. He likes to collect them like I use to collect match box cars when I was a kid. Here’s a guy that traded us a 5th rder for McCarron. To take it further he still has Peterman on the roster! 

Denver/Elway has been heavily linked to Lock for quite some time now. Once there’s a couple of QBs taken in the first few picks don’t be surprise to see an avalanche on the last 1 or 2 QBs to be taken earlier then expected. Elway trades up just to insure that he gets his man.

The 4th potential QB that could be Duke’s Daniel Jones. The Bengals pick at #11 and it’s no secret that the Dolphins are in the QB market as well and they pick at #13. One of them might want to make sure that the other doesn’t beat them for  a QB. Jones has been tutored by David Cutcliffe and Cutcliffe has raved about the 3 year starter. For those who don’t realize who he is he is the guy that mentored both Mannings, Heath Shuler and others. They call him the QB whisperer. 

I hope that all of this happens, it will create a great player slide and we just might be in position to grab someone that we never thought would be possible.

I would love it.  It aint happening though, unless their are 4 really bad GMs picking before us.  

If there are two I would be shocked but I could see it with Murray and Lock.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

6 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

We should all hope the most amount of QB’s go before 9.

The most.

I agree!  Most likely though there will be a run like no other on D line players.  This draft is absolutely loaded at the top with D Line talent.  Bosa, Q. Williams, Allen, Sweat, Oliver, Gary, Ferrell and Burns.  That's 8 DL that all would be top 5 any other draft.  Not to mention LB Devin White and CB Greedy Williams who also are top 5 talents most years.  If the Bills go D at #9 we will get a great player.  

12 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I think that realistically 2 QBs could go before pick 9.  Haskins and Murray (debateable) are the only 2 QBs worthy of going in the top 15. If Arizona doesn’t go QB at 1 I think we only see 1 QB go before pick 9.

If Murray doesn't go #1 somebody is going to come get him at 2 or 3.  

1 minute ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

They can have them. This is a horrible QB class. Giants will regret not taking Darnold in last year's draft. 

Dwayne Haskins is actually a really good passer.  Not a good runner but the man is great in the pocket.  If a team can protect him he will pick the opponent apart.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

If Murray doesn't go #1 somebody is going to come get him at 2 or 3.  

I just don’t see it with him. I feel the risk is entirely too large. Russel Wilson comparisons are somewhat valid, but he was worth the risk in the 3rd round. The problem for those NFL teams who have Murray as their top QB is they are falling for recency bias. Russel Wilson and Baker mayfield are fairly recent. Teams might not weigh it as them being the anomaly they are, rather than the norm. I have Haskins as my top QB. I imagine many NFL teams would be the same. There is a reason the protypical NFL QB frame exists. Murray will be fighting factors not to bust, he has so many risk factors. 

1 minute ago, Mark92 said:

Dwayne Haskins is actually a really good passer.  Not a good runner but the man is great in the pocket.  If a team can protect him he will pick the opponent apart.  

By far my top QB in this draft. It isn’t even close as far as I’m concerned. I’ve watched game tape, combine, pro-day and nothing has changed my mind. I think Haskins will have a good career. I think Murray is a bust waiting to happen. 

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

After last year’s run on QBs in last year’s draft and several teams this year with QB needs I would not be the least bit surprised if as many as 4 QBs are taken before the Bills pick at #9.

If there’s any truth to the Cardinals taking Murray with the 1st overall pick then I could see the Giants and the Raiders jumping on Haskins. Don’t kid yourself, Gruden has always been QB happy. He likes to collect them like I use to collect match box cars when I was a kid. Here’s a guy that traded us a 5th rder for McCarron. To take it further he still has Peterman on the roster! 

Denver/Elway has been heavily linked to Lock for quite some time now. Once there’s a couple of QBs taken in the first few picks don’t be surprise to see an avalanche on the last 1 or 2 QBs to be taken earlier then expected. Elway trades up just to insure that he gets his man.

The 4th potential QB that could be Duke’s Daniel Jones. The Bengals pick at #11 and it’s no secret that the Dolphins are in the QB market as well and they pick at #13. One of them might want to make sure that the other doesn’t beat them for  a QB. Jones has been tutored by David Cutcliffe and Cutcliffe has raved about the 3 year starter. For those who don’t realize who he is he is the guy that mentored both Mannings, Heath Shuler and others. They call him the QB whisperer. 

I hope that all of this happens, it will create a great player slide and we just might be in position to grab someone that we never thought would be possible.

I don't fault you for you thinking that, but I can assure you there is very little chance more than 2 QB's go before us, and its entirely possible only one will.

Raiders just loaded up for Carr, Mayock ran around telling everyone who wound listen that Carr is a franchise QB.  Carr has a difficult contract to trade and an image issue of not being tough enough.  I doubt they will draft a QB and will instead load up around Carr and especially try and get the defense some help to take pressure off of the offense.  

People just aren't paying attention to Elway, if they were, they would know there is very little chance he will draft a first round QB.  Elway had the most potent offense in NFL history and got blown out in the SB by a defensive and run based team.  Then 2 years later in 2015, he won a SB with terrible QB play from a washed up Manning and crappy Brock...they were the worst rated passers in the league that year.  Elway believes if he can have a solid QB he can compete to win with a stout defense and strong run game around them.  Elway himself lost badly in all his SB appearances when they were all offense, and then it wasn't until they got a good D and a great RB did he finally win and won back to back SBs.  

Elway just added Flacco who has a ring himself.  He will try and build this team up around him to try and do it again.  Elway is going defense again.  

The only QB for sure going top 8 is Murray IMO.  Haskins could go to the Giants at 6 or to a team that trades up to make sure they get him.  But its no lock even the Giants take Haskins (although they should) or that a team moves up.  In fact, I think our pick gets red hot for a trade down if Giants pass on Haskins and we will most likely get the trade down most of us are hoping for.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, HomeTeam said:

While I hope this happens, I don't think the QB class is as highly rated as last year's. 

This. Two wouldn't be all that unlikely, though. I could imagine three, though I really really doubt it.

Last year the top four were expected to go first round and the guess fairly early was three in or near the top ten. Doesn't look like that is happening this year. Not much comparison between the two crops.

Edited by Thurman#1

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

We should all hope the most amount of QB’s go before 9.

The most.

Hey Jay...

Remember last year when you said several times that there was no way that 4 QB's would be picked in the Top 10??

I didn't agree with you last year, but I will go out on a limb here like you did last year and say that there is not the slightest chance that 4 QB's go this year in the Top 8 picks..

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't fault you for you thinking that, but I can assure you there is very little chance more than 2 QB's go before us, and its entirely possible only one will.

Raiders just loaded up for Carr, Mayock ran around telling everyone who wound listen that Carr is a franchise QB.  Carr has a difficult contract to trade and an image issue of not being tough enough.  I doubt they will draft a QB and will instead load up around Carr and especially try and get the defense some help to take pressure off of the offense.  

People just aren't paying attention to Elway, if they were, they would know there is very little chance he will draft a first round QB.  Elway had the most potent offense in NFL history and got blown out in the SB by a defensive and run based team.  Then 2 years later in 2015, he won a SB with terrible QB play from a washed up Manning and crappy Brock...they were the worst rated passers in the league that year.  Elway believes if he can have a solid QB he can compete to win with a stout defense and strong run game around them.  Elway himself lost badly in all his SB appearances when they were all offense, and then it wasn't until they got a good D and a great RB did he finally win and won back to back SBs.  

Elway just added Flacco who has a ring himself.  He will try and build this team up around him to try and do it again.  Elway is going defense again.  

The only QB for sure going top 8 is Murray IMO.  Haskins could go to the Giants at 6 or to a team that trades up to make sure they get him.  But its no lock even the Giants take Haskins (although they should) or that a team moves up.  In fact, I think our pick gets red hot for a trade down if Giants pass on Haskins and we will most likely get the trade down most of us are hoping for.

While I agree with most of your post, Manning wasn't as bad that year as people want to make out. He was still making terrific decisions even though his arm was pretty much gone. He was reduced to a game manager but Manning ran 3 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives during the regular season, in 9 games. And one game did both in the playoffs besides.

I do agree with you that he's going to work with Flacco.

Edited by Thurman#1