3, possibly 4 QBs taken in the 1st rd before the Bills pick?

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm not a big college follower, do watch most SU games on TV, was wondering about the QB there, can't recall his name, Nunes is it.  Any idea what round he's expected to go?  Seems I recall watching one of his games and announcing talking liek they thought he'd be drafted at some point.

Eric Dungey... I don’t think he will be drafted but could get into a camp 

2 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Besides, they now have Fitz-Magic!

Or do they have FitzPICKtrick? 

He has the ability to be both and it seemed always the wrong one at the wrong time. 

21 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Some interesting thoughts here, Zerovoltz. Thanks for the post.

Do you think Will Grier is a system QB? He looked good all season, but does Holgorson's system make him look good? He is never mentioned among the top 5 QB prospects, but Daniel Jones usually is.

I am not a 100% metrics guy....but I do like to use metrics in an evaluation ALONG WITH what I see with my eyes.  in the Case of Grier....the thing that really stands out to me...the thing that separates him and makes him my No.,2 QB in this draft...is that he has a high completion pct beyond 15 yards.  It's a good metric to consider when you are trying to see how well guys scan the field AND find the guy who is open or breaking open.  This metric tells you he DID look down there AND that he clearly found a good target to throw to..AND he was able to make the throw to get it to that target.  Grier was super at this!  In my opinion, this one stat tells a ton about the QB.  I'll go to battle in the NFL with a guy who can:

A.  Scan the whole field

B.  Identify the right target

C.  Get the ball to that target consistantly when he has identified the correct downfield target.

You still need to win from the pocket in the NFL to win regularly.  I think Grier is that guy.

8 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I am not a 100% metrics guy....but I do like to use metrics in an evaluation ALONG WITH what I see with my eyes.  in the Case of Grier....the thing that really stands out to me...the thing that separates him and makes him my No.,2 QB in this draft...is that he has a high completion pct beyond 15 yards.  It's a good metric to consider when you are trying to see how well guys scan the field AND find the guy who is open or breaking open.  This metric tells you he DID look down there AND that he clearly found a good target to throw to..AND he was able to make the throw to get it to that target.  Grier was super at this!  In my opinion, this one stat tells a ton about the QB.  I'll go to battle in the NFL with a guy who can:

A.  Scan the whole field

B.  Identify the right target

C.  Get the ball to that target consistantly when he has identified the correct downfield target.

You still need to win from the pocket in the NFL to win regularly.  I think Grier is that guy.

A little subplot to enjoy during the draft. We will see if some team agrees with your high opinion of Will Grier.

Will he be picked before Daniel Jones? Stay tuned!

There shouldn't be any in the top 10 but QB trumps all, if the Cardinals take Murray #1 they have truly turned into that dysfunctional franchise. Giving up on a QB after his first year behind one of the worst lines in football really looks bad but on the other end if they do draft Murray and he tears it up they will look like genius' so who knows. This should be pretty much all defense in the first 10 picks other than a QB. They're saying this might be the best DL and Edge rusher draft in history, the potential is there of course and I fully expect Buffalo to be a part of that.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

Murray before pick 9 is a lock

Lock before 9 is probable, IMO

Haskins before 9 is 50/50

Unlike what you see in the media right now, I think Lock is viewed as a better prospect in NFL circles and if I were to bet I'd be surer about him going in the top 10 than Haskins.  

My ideal scenario is Murray goes right away, Lock goes somewhere in the 4-8 range and teams that want a QB start calling the Bill's looking to move up for what they view to be the last 1st r 08und quality QB, in Haskins.  I'd love to move down about 8-10 spots and pick up an extra 2nd rounder this year and a 3rd rounder next year.  More chances at the roulette wheel as far as I'm concerned.  That's what the draft is and the smart teams tend to have more chances on the wheel.

No one is stupid enough to take Daniel Jones in the top 10. He is backup QB material.

Realistically I think it'll be 1. Arizona.

Jacksonville are paying Foles silly money, New York are in denial about a rebuild and Oakland wouldn't trade Carr for Haskins