3, possibly 4 QBs taken in the 1st rd before the Bills pick?

12 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

there is no chance of 3 or 4 Qb's going before pick 9.

2? Sure...

With the Raiders and Gruden at 4 anything is possible.

I do tend to think the Giants really want Haskins but might be elbowed out.  If Murray goes 1 and the Niners aren't willing to take 6 + whatever to pass on Bosa or Williams, the Jets refusing to deal with the Giants and taking whoever is left from Bosa / Williams or Allen and the Raiders taking Haskins at 4.  If one of Denver / Miami / Washington / maybe even Cincy falls in love with Lock or even Jones, Tampa at #5 could be a really hot trade spot with someone looking to jump the Giants.

13 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

After last year’s run on QBs in last year’s draft and several teams this year with QB needs I would not be the least bit surprised if as many as 4 QBs are taken before the Bills pick at #9.

If there’s any truth to the Cardinals taking Murray with the 1st overall pick then I could see the Giants and the Raiders jumping on Haskins. Don’t kid yourself, Gruden has always been QB happy. He likes to collect them like I use to collect match box cars when I was a kid. Here’s a guy that traded us a 5th rder for McCarron. To take it further he still has Peterman on the roster! 

Denver/Elway has been heavily linked to Lock for quite some time now. Once there’s a couple of QBs taken in the first few picks don’t be surprise to see an avalanche on the last 1 or 2 QBs to be taken earlier then expected. Elway trades up just to insure that he gets his man.

The 4th potential QB that could be Duke’s Daniel Jones. The Bengals pick at #11 and it’s no secret that the Dolphins are in the QB market as well and they pick at #13. One of them might want to make sure that the other doesn’t beat them for  a QB. Jones has been tutored by David Cutcliffe and Cutcliffe has raved about the 3 year starter. For those who don’t realize who he is he is the guy that mentored both Mannings, Heath Shuler and others. They call him the QB whisperer. 

I hope that all of this happens, it will create a great player slide and we just might be in position to grab someone that we never thought would be possible.

You're getting better.  Here's a tip for you:  If you do too many, too quickly, you'll expose yourself.  Timing is everything.  This is a good one.  Just a little too soon after the last one.

Troll on, my friend.

A mock I saw today had Bills trading down with Miami (to #13) so Miami could pick a QB.  Would you trade down with a division rival?  If you thought that the division rival was going to reach and pick a QB who isn't worth the #9 spot, I guess the answer is yes.  FYI, they had us picking Rashan Gary followed by the Falcons picking Oliver.  If we pick up a second, I could live with #13.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

A mock I saw today had Bills trading down with Miami (to #13) so Miami could pick a QB.  Would you trade down with a division rival?  If you thought that the division rival was going to reach and pick a QB who isn't worth the #9 spot, I guess the answer is yes.  FYI, they had us picking Rashan Gary followed by the Falcons picking Oliver.  If we pick up a second, I could live with #13.

No, I wouldn’t trade with them so they would draft their QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

In this draft, most certainly. Especially if the two QBs they will be choosing from are Lock or Jones. I will happily take a 2nd so you can choose your likely bust of a QB 4 spots higher. Might even push to make it a 2020 2nd. They should be absolutely terrible next season. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

That was due more to the lockout than anything IMO.

I bet Murray and Haskins go top ten, anyone else and I would be shocked

What do you mean "due more to the lockout"?  I don't remember that.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

2017 was only considered weak by a few talking heads. It was always a good class. 

I don't think the 2019 class is as good as the 2017 class, but at least with Murray's about turn and Haskins arrival on the scene it has some genuine early round prospects. At one point mid season it looked like the 2013 class all over again. 

It looks like Murray is going #1, Haskins may or may not go top 10. If any of the others go in the 1st it is a major reach. 

I think Haskins is a lock to go top 10. Also agree that Jones and Lock would be ridiculous reach's in the top 10. But crazier things have happened. 

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

What do you mean "due more to the lockout"?  I don't remember that.

In 2011 the NFL teams couldnt sign anyone in FA before the draft. Teams needed to make sure thay had someone who could play QB when the season started. I thought a few QBs went earlier in that draft that shouldnt have because of that. 

Locker most notably but Gabbert and Ponder as well

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mark92 said:

Dwayne Haskins is actually a really good passer.  Not a good runner but the man is great in the pocket.  If a team can protect him he will pick the opponent apart.  

l think he's the best QB in the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

there is no chance of 3 or 4 Qb's going before pick 9.

2? Sure...

I agree with you.  I can see 1,6 10 and 13.  There could be a trade up scenario where Washington and or Miami try to make a jump ahead of Denver.  If that materializes, the Bills could be sitting pretty.  It's going to be fun to watch it unfold.