Jerry Jones endorses AAF, will host title game in Jones-owned facility..

The XFL is the best thing to happen to the AAF. Support that might have been tepid from the NFL will be significantly stronger now just out of spite. The NFL has neglected having a minor league for too long out of fear that it would negatively affect it's free farm system (NCAA). Glad the XFL is coming back around just for the AAF's sake. 

2 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

The last time the dominant football league underestimated the upstart league it resulted in a merger that gave us the freaking Patriots. No on want that to happen again ?

The Bills were in that upstart league too.

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

NFL underestimated the AFL and dismissed them from ever challenging them. Turned out to be a dog fight that resulted in the merger. The NFL will do what ever they can to squish the XFL before is can develop any kind of momentum.

I see... didn’t get the ‘gave us patriots’...  Bills were already dealing with Patriots in AFL. Certainly could have turned out as is with or without the merger. Except all those conf champs would have been league champs. Hell the bills would be one of the top franchises. 

23 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Bills were already dealing with Patriots in AFL

I'm salty about the Patriots, need to blame someone or something ?

35 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

The Bills were in that upstart league too.

I know. And I even think that the Ralph Wilson had to give money to multiple teams including the Patriots to keep the AFL going.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The stadium has a 12,000 seat capacity.  Why would they want it in that small a place?  

They are hoping for a sellout?

Anyway, the ratings are predictably dropping from the modest start.  They are left with boasting that they are the "Most watched program on the NFL Network on the days AAF games are played" (!)

Jones is "endorsing" an entity that is paying to host an event in one of his properties?  Amazing!  

No doubt he also "endorses"  "Jared's Epic Nerf Battle", the Mexican Nationa Soccer Team  AND the team from Equador.  And "38 Special".  And The Killers, Top 40 crossover artist Kid Rock, 16-time Grammy award winner Sting,  Lynyrd Skynyrd,  Little Big Town.,  The Avett Brothers, Ms. Lauryn Hill, Pitbull, Counting Crows, Alanis Morissette, The Black Eyed Peas, Ludacris, Flo Rida, Garbage, Andy Grammer, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Violent Femmes, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue,  Saturday Night Live cast alum Dennis Miller, Everybody Loves Raymond’s Brad Garrett!!

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

http://thestarinfrisco.com/ford-center

Jerruh's mini Taj Mahal.

So how many people go to games for your team? Some places look empty like @/dev/null says but others like San Antonio do near 30K.

That building is legit.  I interviewed for a job in Dallas and we had dinner there.  The restaurant is connected to the indoor and outdoor fields, along with their corporate offices.

9 hours ago, TN-Bills said:

I've attended both Memphis Express home games and am going to the next one Sunday.  They've averaged 10,000 but have only played 2 of their 5 home games.  10K makes the Liberty Bowl look empty but with the warmer weather now and the Johnny Manziel interest, I expect attendance to increase.

Plus who's going to get excited for a brand new team that isn't winning? I think 10K in those circumstance is pretty good.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Plus who's going to get excited for a brand new team that isn't winning? I think 10K in those circumstance is pretty good.

Jerry's getting 48,000 in ATT for high school finals.  In 12 different HS finals, he was averaging 19,000 per game.

12 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

AAF is great, and would be a great place to groom 2nd and 3rd stringers for the NFL. Rochester Amerks of the NFL. I have season tickets to a AAF team and it is a great experience. Season tickets were just $15 per game. You pay that to see a movie.

A movie that's actually good.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

They are hoping for a sellout?

Anyway, the ratings are predictably dropping from the modest start.  They are left with boasting that they are the "Most watched program on the NFL Network on the days AAF games are played" (!)

Jones is "endorsing" an entity that is paying to host an event in one of his properties?  Amazing!  

No doubt he also "endorses"  "Jared's Epic Nerf Battle", the Mexican Nationa Soccer Team  AND the team from Equador.  And "38 Special".  And The Killers, Top 40 crossover artist Kid Rock, 16-time Grammy award winner Sting,  Lynyrd Skynyrd,  Little Big Town.,  The Avett Brothers, Ms. Lauryn Hill, Pitbull, Counting Crows, Alanis Morissette, The Black Eyed Peas, Ludacris, Flo Rida, Garbage, Andy Grammer, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Violent Femmes, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue,  Saturday Night Live cast alum Dennis Miller, Everybody Loves Raymond’s Brad Garrett!!

I heard Jerry is particularly fond of the miseducation of Lauryn Hill.