Summer 2019 Concerts/Shows

LeviF

2 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Read Steve Gorman's new book. You'll quickly learn that Chris and Rich don't give a flying F about anyone. THEY TOLD JIMMY PAGE TO BEAT IT IN 1999!!

I just heard an interview with Gorman a few weeks ago.  In so man words, said Chris Robinson was a selfish, douchebag, addict.  Before the breakup, Robinson told Gorman that they were going to fire him, but he could play, "as an employee," of the band.  What a dick.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

This might deserve its own thread, but I'll throw it in here:  The Black Crowes are BACK!  Playing "Shake Your Money Maker," in its entirety (and other tunes).  First live shows since 2013.  This is ***** huge.

I should be excited about this, I love the Crowes.

But between the high ticket costs and apparent lack of Crowes besides Chris and Rich - who has been playing with ex-Crowes Marc Ford and Sven Pipien the past few years - this smells like a money grab.

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

I don't do lawn.  Not worth it, to me, to wonder if I'm sitting in someone's puke or piss.  Too many amateurs on the lawn.

Cheapest inside seats were $135.

Seats in the section I usually try to get for other Saratoga concerts (which usually cost 100-120/each, tops) are over 400 bucks/each.

That's a big ol' FU to their fans.  Oh, well.  

I had too many bad experiences at Darien Lake, so I never bought lawn seats anywhere. But my wife wanted to go to a concert, and the difference between lawn seats and the cheapest covered seats was the difference of about $60 a ticket. From $11 to $70. So I bit the bullet and figured we could always upgrade if it got that bad. But I was pleasantly surprised at the Cynthia Woods Pavilion in Houston.Very clean. And they rent chairs for $7 that are specifically designed to be on the slope. I was actually more comfortable there than crammed into a plastic stadium seat and crammed in next to someone.

On 11/11/2019 at 4:28 PM, Gugny said:

Whoa. 

I just looked at tickets for Saratoga.  There's no way in hell I'm paying those prices.  *****!!!!

July 18 – Wantagh, NY @ Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater

This is a Saturday. Tell @Guffalo you'd like to visit him and go for a ride in his boat. You may not be able to see the stage but you'll hear the concert. 

On 11/11/2019 at 4:39 PM, Gugny said:

I don't do lawn.  Not worth it, to me, to wonder if I'm sitting in someone's puke or piss.  Too many amateurs on the lawn.

I went to one show last year and remembered why I hate the lawn. Unless you want to sit all the way up at the top of the hill, it's a madhouse. I even saw one person move a couples blanket so they could cram one more chair in. The couple was off getting food/drinks. 

Edited by Just Jack

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

July 18 – Wantagh, NY @ Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater

This is a Saturday. Tell @Guffalo you'd like to visit him and go for a ride in his boat. You may not be able to see the stage but you'll hear the concert. 

Did that once and it sounded like sh!t from Zach's Bay due to the wind.  Which isn't to say that we didn't have a great night on the bay regardless.

Jones Beach Theater has it's pluses and minuses. Even inside the wind can wreak havoc with the sound if you're not down low, but it's still a great summer venue. 

11 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Did that once and it sounded like sh!t from Zach's Bay due to the wind.  Which isn't to say that we didn't have a great night on the bay regardless.

Jones Beach Theater has it's pluses and minuses. Even inside the wind can wreak havoc with the sound if you're not down low, but it's still a great summer venue. 

I loved it before they put the second level on it. The new level created more seating (almost a third more) and helps cut down the wind and interference. It also makes the venue a bit more crowded. When I first moved down here, the floor seats did not exist, so the performers were on a stage in the bay with a 30 yard barrier of water between the stage and bandshell and the audience. On occasion someone would try to get to the stage, by the time they swam to the platform, they would be out of breath, and just get fished out by the bouncers. 

Now the wind does do some damage to the sound if you are on Zachs bay, but if the wind is heading from the west, it is ok, the larger stadium reflects the sound to the bay where we park. If the wind is from the east to west, we go to feild 10 and park the boat just off the fishing piers. 

1 hour ago, Guffalo said:

I loved it before they put the second level on it. The new level created more seating (almost a third more) and helps cut down the wind and interference. It also makes the venue a bit more crowded. When I first moved down here, the floor seats did not exist, so the performers were on a stage in the bay with a 30 yard barrier of water between the stage and bandshell and the audience. On occasion someone would try to get to the stage, by the time they swam to the platform, they would be out of breath, and just get fished out by the bouncers. 

Now the wind does do some damage to the sound if you are on Zachs bay, but if the wind is heading from the west, it is ok, the larger stadium reflects the sound to the bay where we park. If the wind is from the east to west, we go to feild 10 and park the boat just off the fishing piers. 

Ha! I had forgotten about the moat!

Coolest thing I ever saw was halfway through a Clapton set a small boat caught fire behind and to the left of the stage. We watched another boat race up to it, cut the wheel and threw a wake that put the fire out in one shot.