Summer 2019 Concerts/Shows

LeviF

33 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I have a friend who knows all the security at Red Rocks. He here seats in the ADA area in front of the rail. it’s awesome!  

That’s why I’m on the rail. I lean on it. LOL. 

I have a friend who's teenage daughter is wheelchair bound. She's a huge Dropkick Murphy's fan so he bought her some cheap balcony tickets. Turns out the elevators were out that day, so the only option was to seat both of them right in front of the stage. 

6 hours ago, mead107 said:

Lot of funny smelling smoke ? 

No, idiots who don't respect the buffer. I had about 2-3 feet of space clear in front of my chair to the chair ahead of me. I went to use the bathroom between bands, and got a text from the wife that four people decided to use that space. No blanket/chairs, they intended to stand right in front of me. Now imagine the next time you're in a camp chair, four people standing right in front of you. Needless to say, when I got back, they moved. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Badfish (Sublime cover band) doing a free show up in Killington tonight.  I’ve seen them twice and they’re pretty solid.  Worth the trip up the mountain for sure.

They have a great reputation.  Enjoy!

On 8/10/2019 at 2:32 PM, Just Jack said:

No, idiots who don't respect the buffer. I had about 2-3 feet of space clear in front of my chair to the chair ahead of me. I went to use the bathroom between bands, and got a text from the wife that four people decided to use that space. No blanket/chairs, they intended to stand right in front of me. Now imagine the next time you're in a camp chair, four people standing right in front of you. Needless to say, when I got back, they moved. 

There's an outdoor theater here in Houston. It's like most pavilions, but smaller because it's in a public park. They have a covered area and a lawn area. They're very strict on the hill that people with folding chair go on one side, and people with blankets/sitting on the ground go on the other side. 

28 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I saw The Claypool Lennon Delirium and The Flaming Lips at Artpark in July.  

It was one of the best concerts I have been to out of well over 100.  The Claypool Lennon Delirium may be the most awestruck I have been watching a live performance.

They are absolutely on my short list.

Saw Train & The Goo Goo Dolls last night at the Blossom Music Center(between Cleveland & Akron). Really enjoyed the show.  Because they also had an opening act(The Allen Stone Group), it was almost 4 hours, start to finish. Considering it appeared to be somewhat of an older crowd(30-60), surprisingly at least 75-80% of the folks in the covered part of the amphitheater were on their feet for the entirety of the two main acts.

Edited by LabattBlue

Went to Knotfest with my son last night.

Behemoth - This was our third time seeing them (I seriously cannot believe I just wrote that).  Just your average, every day devil-worshipping music from Poland.  They are entertaining to watch.  The music is bearable.  Not my cup of tea, but I got through it.

Gojira - This is one band my son has never gotten into; nor have I.  I was shocked at how much I liked them.  Not nearly as heavy as I thought they'd be and the vocals weren't limited to growls, which I liked.  I actually look forward to seeing them again.

Volbeat - Since I'd seen Slipknot once before, I was actually looking forward to seeing Volbeat more than Slipknot.  The songs I'd heard from them (just a few) were really, really good and I figured they'd rock out and put on a great show.  Ho.  Lee.  Chit.  Was I wrong.  They played about an hour.  I'd say 4-5 songs were really good.  The other ones ..... best way I can describe it is this:  A mixture of the Killers, Europe, Tiffany and Debbie Gibson with a dash of Nickelback.  I will say this, though, the vast majority of the crowd LOVED them.  And the place was packed.  I wouldn't avoid seeing them again if they were an opening act.  But I would never, ever pay to see them as a headliner.  Pop-rock at its finest.  Kinda.

Slipknot - Phenomenal.  Non-stop energy.  They really fed off the crowd.  I couldn't name one Slipknot song if my life depended on it.  But I do listen to them (second hand) when my son listens to them and I like them.  As I mentioned earlier, this was my second time seeing them.  Even better than the first.  I will see Slipknot every time they're in the area.  They are that ***** good.

On my way out, I was talking to my son about how crowded it was.  A guy next to me said he'd heard that they were turning people away because they were sold out.  I"m not sure how true this is, since it was at Saratoga Performing Arts Center, which is an amphitheatre with a lawn.   The Dead drew over 40,000 people in 1985.  They may have change capacity rules, but I don't think the crowd was that big last night.  I'd put it well over 20,000, which fills MSG.  Great crowd; great night.  I"d recommend the show to any metal heads out there.  For 3/4 of the bands, anyway.  And maybe you can bring your teenage daughter to enjoy Volbeat!

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

On my way out, I was talking to my son about how crowded it was.  A guy next to me said he'd heard that they were turning people away because they were sold out.  I"m not sure how true this is, since it was at Saratoga Performing Arts Center, which is an amphitheatre with a lawn.   The Dead drew over 40,000 people in 1985.  They may have change capacity rules, but I don't think the crowd was that big last night.  I'd put it well over 20,000, which fills MSG.  Great crowd; great night.  I"d recommend the show to any metal heads out there.  For 3/4 of the bands, anyway.  And maybe you can bring your teenage daughter to enjoy Volbeat!

Capacity at SPAC is currently capped at 25,000 give or take a couple dozen.  ~5,000 inside and then they can sell 20,000 lawn seats.

2 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Capacity at SPAC is currently capped at 25,000 give or take a couple dozen.  ~5,000 inside and then they can sell 20,000 lawn seats.

Thanks!  Then I'm gonna say it was either sold out or very close to it.  

I have been to a bunch of shows & a couple of fests this year but the best I saw so far was Mark Knopfler. He was supported by an amazing 9 person band & he still cranks on guitar. He looks like your old, quiet, weird uncle at a family reunion but he is engaging and humble on stage.

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

I have been to a bunch of shows & a couple of fests this year but the best I saw so far was Mark Knopfler. He was supported by an amazing 9 person band & he still cranks on guitar. He looks like your old, quiet, weird uncle at a family reunion but he is engaging and humble on stage.

If he's not wearing a neon colored headband, I refuse to go.

Going to see Classic Albums Live next week. They tour nationally and  play in the local free amphitheater. They play a full album, note for note live. Usually followed by a second set of greatest hits from whatever band it was. Last year they did The Wall, complete with a children's chorus. Only two songs for the second set because The wall is damn near 90 minutes. 

This year they're doing Who's Next, so that oughta be fun. Also possibly going to see a Doors tribute this Saturday. 

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Went to Knotfest with my son last night.

Behemoth - This was our third time seeing them (I seriously cannot believe I just wrote that).  Just your average, every day devil-worshipping music from Poland.  They are entertaining to watch.  The music is bearable.  Not my cup of tea, but I got through it.

Gojira - This is one band my son has never gotten into; nor have I.  I was shocked at how much I liked them.  Not nearly as heavy as I thought they'd be and the vocals weren't limited to growls, which I liked.  I actually look forward to seeing them again.

Volbeat - Since I'd seen Slipknot once before, I was actually looking forward to seeing Volbeat more than Slipknot.  The songs I'd heard from them (just a few) were really, really good and I figured they'd rock out and put on a great show.  Ho.  Lee.  Chit.  Was I wrong.  They played about an hour.  I'd say 4-5 songs were really good.  The other ones ..... best way I can describe it is this:  A mixture of the Killers, Europe, Tiffany and Debbie Gibson with a dash of Nickelback.  I will say this, though, the vast majority of the crowd LOVED them.  And the place was packed.  I wouldn't avoid seeing them again if they were an opening act.  But I would never, ever pay to see them as a headliner.  Pop-rock at its finest.  Kinda.

Slipknot - Phenomenal.  Non-stop energy.  They really fed off the crowd.  I couldn't name one Slipknot song if my life depended on it.  But I do listen to them (second hand) when my son listens to them and I like them.  As I mentioned earlier, this was my second time seeing them.  Even better than the first.  I will see Slipknot every time they're in the area.  They are that ***** good.

Saw Gojira this year at sonic temple, really enjoyed them as well. They put on a great set.

I’ve seen Volbeat once and they were really good. But my buddy who has seen them 3-4 times has told me they are really hot/cold. If you get bad / uninterested Volbeat, you won’t be that impressed. Also their new album is kinda weird. Very different from their usual sound, much more poppy. I’m not much of a fan of what I’ve heard so far. 

Really jealous of slipknot. Haven’t seen them and really want to. I’ve seen stone sour twice and Corey Taylor is just a hell of a musician and frontman.

2 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Saw Gojira this year at sonic temple, really enjoyed them as well. They put on a great set.

I’ve seen Volbeat once and they were really good. But my buddy who has seen them 3-4 times has told me they are really hot/cold. If you get bad / uninterested Volbeat, you won’t be that impressed. Also their new album is kinda weird. Very different from their usual sound, much more poppy. I’m not much of a fan of what I’ve heard so far. 

Really jealous of slipknot. Haven’t seen them and really want to. I’ve seen stone sour twice and Corey Taylor is just a hell of a musician and frontman.

Volbeat was pumped.  It was clear that a lot of the crowd was there for them.  I think you nailed it with their new album sound.  I'll admit; I hadn't heard one song from their new album.  Poppy is an understatement.  But the crowd (most of the crowd) loved it, so good for them!

I agree 100% re: Corey Taylor.  Dude smokes.  He's the real deal.  Definitely check out Slipknot if you have the chance.  It's pure energy from beginning to end.

Seeing Gin Blossoms and Collective Soul tonight....the latter is my wife's favorite band....I guess after so many years of marriage, I know most of their songs....Our youngest kid is doing a work stage in Vancouver BC, so we'll bring him too...maybe...lol...