Summer 2019 Concerts/Shows

LeviF

1 hour ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Night one is in the books! All the artists put on great shows but Steel Panther was hands down the best. They are great stage performers and had the crowd rockin like 1985. Boobies, boobies, boobies everywhere. They are sooo funny too!

GWAR freaking killed it! Buck Cherry, Seether, Pop Evil, Corrosion of Conformity all had great sets too. 

Shinedown was the headliner to end the night but I was very disappointed in the sound system for them. I don't know what changed, but there set was nearly indistinguishable - all bass drum and no treble. We left halfway through their set which was for the better because it started raining right as we got back to camp.

We will head in earlier today for all the early acts. Tonight ends with Korn. It's going to be another mud fest, so hopefully no more rain.

Peace out, God bless our fallen soldiers and GO BILLS!!!!

Awesome!!!  Looking forward to your Night Two review!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/21/2019 at 5:35 AM, ricojes said:

Jeff Miers Top Summer Concerts...(for those that do not know, he writes for the Buffalo News, reviews most of the local concerts in the Gusto section.)

Iron Maiden
Aug. 13 at KeyBank Center
Why? Iron Maiden remains the greatest heavy metal band in the world. And the band’s visits to Buffalo have become increasingly rare over the years.

You got that right !!

Seeing Maiden twice....Sept 3rd in Vancouver BC and Sept 5th in Tacoma...had my tix for Ozzy and Megadeth but the tour was postponed ( Ozzy health ) until next year...

Also seeing Collective Soul with the Gin Blossoms in August....my wife is a big Collective Soul fan...it's only fair that I go with her...she's been to many Maiden concerts after all...

On 5/21/2019 at 9:23 AM, Ned Flanders said:

Seeing Jeff Lynne in DC on July 11.  George Harrison's son Dhani will be playing with him.

July 7th here in Tampa...

Image result for jeff lynne elo

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

Awesome!!!  Looking forward to your Night Two review!!!

Korn was amazing. 

*****. Tornadoes heading toward 50,000 campers. Tulsa already *****.

If I don't report in the morning....at least my tent will make a good body bag....

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Korn was amazing. 

*****. Tornadoes heading toward 50,000 campers. Tulsa already *****.

If I don't report in the morning....at least my tent will make a good body bag....

Well no major catastrophe at the festival, other than a bunch of tore up tents and tons of mud. I woke up early and skidaddled. I have been there since Thursday afternoon and between hot and humid days, two stormy  nights, miles and miles of walking, many, many beers, ear busting music, throat killing screaming, and more beer, I am spent. Another day of bad weather no longer sounded fun.

Overall though, what a fantastic time! 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Well no major catastrophe at the festival, other than a bunch of tore up tents and tons of mud. I woke up early and skidaddled. I have been there since Thursday afternoon and between hot and humid days, two stormy  nights, miles and miles of walking, many, many beers, ear busting music, throat killing screaming, and more beer, I am spent. Another day of bad weather no longer sounded fun.

Overall though, what a fantastic time! 

Glad you're safe and that you had a blast, dude.

On 5/25/2019 at 6:25 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Where are you? Section 138....row 12 here. Met some Bill's fans in the parking lot.

We bought lawn seats, but when we got there, they offered us pavilion upgrades for $10/each, so we ended up in section 144, row LL. (Left of the stage, looking at the stage.)

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

We bought lawn seats, but when we got there, they offered us pavilion upgrades for $10/each, so we ended up in section 144, row LL. (Left of the stage, looking at the stage.)

Nice.....I thought it was a good show. They still sound good. Im glad the weather held out. We got caught in a monsoon and a DUI checkpoint on the way home.  Thankfully my father in law was driving.

We just got back from the Summer Camp Music Fest in Chillicothe IL. Saw a guy in a throwback Bills hat watching the Chris Robinson Brotherhood. Was this one of you guys? If so, I'm the guy in the Panama hat who said "Go Bills" when I walked by.

GoBills.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out I'm going to Dallas on Friday to see Paul McCartney. My wife bought them for me for my birthday. Then driving right back to Houston the next day to see Weird Al Yankovic with a full orchestra. 

I saw Sir Elton John back in December. Seeing Sir Paul McCartney this Friday. and The Rolling Stones with lead singer Sir Mick Jagger in July (Rescheduled from April). Three men that are literal music royalty in seven months. Not too shabby. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/27/2019 at 12:45 PM, WhoTom said:

We just got back from the Summer Camp Music Fest in Chillicothe IL. Saw a guy in a throwback Bills hat watching the Chris Robinson Brotherhood. Was this one of you guys? If so, I'm the guy in the Panama hat who said "Go Bills" when I walked by.

GoBills.JPG

love summercamp, went three years in a row about 8-10 years ago....great sized festival, beautiful grounds...love that you can just walk around everywhere with coolers. Nice fest, too bad I can never return (friends reunion/ryder cup style golf tourney is memorial day weekend now)

Just got back from seeing two Dead and Company shows at the Gorge in WA. 

Absolutely beautiful venue. Probably the best in the country. The first night was cold as all get out. Second night was warm and lovely. Great sets, great sunsets, great fans, great time. Absolutely unforgettable experience. There is NOTHING on earth quite like a Grateful Dead show. 

Oh, and I saw two different Bills fans there! We're everywhere!

62224081_10159191882617837_2606545716989919232_n.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

I saw that view of the Gorge the other night.  I couldn't believe it was that beautiful of a setting.  I am doing Camden(not a horrible view, but nothing like that).  Really looking forward to it, they have been breaking out some D&C debuts which is nice.

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

Just got back from seeing two Dead and Company shows at the Gorge in WA. 

Absolutely beautiful venue. Probably the best in the country. The first night was cold as all get out. Second night was warm and lovely. Great sets, great sunsets, great fans, great time. Absolutely unforgettable experience. There is NOTHING on earth quite like a Grateful Dead show. 

Oh, and I saw two different Bills fans there! We're everywhere!

62224081_10159191882617837_2606545716989919232_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I saw that view of the Gorge the other night.  I couldn't believe it was that beautiful of a setting.  I am doing Camden(not a horrible view, but nothing like that).  Really looking forward to it, they have been breaking out some D&C debuts which is nice.

Yep. It Must Have Been the Roses was a beautiful bust-out. 

They also did an absolutely lovely Hard Rain's a Gonna Fall on the second night.

The version of Ripple they did to close out night 1 was so gentle and sweetly sung and played. There's a video of it on Youtube if you're interested.

Bobby is starting to look mighty, um...weathered. Like Father Time. With his cowboy hat and pancho on night 1, he looked like he could jump on a horse and ride off into the sunset at any moment. 

bob-weir-dead-company-gorge-roses-dr-joh

Edited by Logic

He may be looking weathered but he puts up videos of his workouts at the cities they have been stopping in, both for D&C and Wolf Brothers, the dude seems to be in pretty damned good shape which is a nice change from a few years ago

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bobby is starting to look mighty, um...weathered. Like Father Time. With his cowboy hat and pancho on night 1, he looked like he could jump on a horse and ride off into the sunset at any moment. 

bob-weir-dead-company-gorge-roses-dr-joh