Summer 2019 Concerts/Shows

LeviF

A tour was just announced that sounds really interesting....Herbie Hancock and Kamasi Washington...natrually Hancock is way more familiar to most, but Washington is an incredible saxophonist that crosses several musical genres, I am thinking about checking that one out

19 hours ago, Gugny said:

Got my ticket. 

Also got tickets to see Brian Fallon down in Jersey next month. One of my favorite artists. 

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

Got my ticket. 

Also got tickets to see Brian Fallon down in Jersey next month. One of my favorite artists. 

Nabbed 3rd row floor seats to Godsmack.  Should be fun!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Santana and the Doobie Brothers are coming to town. My aunt's friend is married to their current saxaphone player for the Doobie Brothers. So we always get free tickets. I've always wanted to see Santana. Not to take anything away from Carlos whatsoever, but he's always put together such an awesome band. Santana was at the Houston Rodeo this year. But rodeo shows are always like an hour maybe an hour and a half tops. Santana is a band I'd want to see where they can jam for as long as they want. 

5 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Got shut out of the tour start of Golden Gate Wingmen tonight because I dragged my feet.  Kind of a mash-up of Dead related musicians.  It's in a 350 capacity club, such a great place to see shows

Waiting to see your review on the Claypool Lennon Delirium!!!

Heading out to center city shortly, have a couple of 10:00 meetings and want to be in place down there so I can take the meetings from a coffee shop then walk over to the show, looking forward to it.  Apparently Geddy Lee joined them on stage at the tour opener in Toronto Wednesday nite

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Waiting to see your review on the Claypool Lennon Delirium!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a change of pace as it's not music, but Pete Davidson and John Mulaney are coming to the Palace in Albany May 5th and I'm going to go see that.  I'm a Mulaney fan.  Haven't seen much of Pete Davidson's stand up but apparently people like him.

On 4/11/2019 at 9:45 AM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Santana and the Doobie Brothers are coming to town. My aunt's friend is married to their current saxaphone player for the Doobie Brothers. So we always get free tickets. I've always wanted to see Santana. Not to take anything away from Carlos whatsoever, but he's always put together such an awesome band. Santana was at the Houston Rodeo this year. But rodeo shows are always like an hour maybe an hour and a half tops. Santana is a band I'd want to see where they can jam for as long as they want. 

That's cool you get free tickets. I got tickets to see them both end of June. My younger brother is coming out west for a visit. Santana always puts on a great show, seen him many times. The Doobies are great too, seen them 3 times, the last was at the Gorge a few years back with the Allman Bros and The Dead.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:46 AM, LeviF91 said:

Bit of a change of pace as it's not music, but Pete Davidson and John Mulaney are coming to the Palace in Albany May 5th and I'm going to go see that.  I'm a Mulaney fan.  Haven't seen much of Pete Davidson's stand up but apparently people like him.

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

Mulaney was hilarious but he basically carried Pete Davidson.  Might have been that it was the later show and Pete was probably high as a kite, but I can't imagine I would go see him on his own. 

I'm intrigued by this show ...

https://www.bso.org/Performance/Detail/103513

Jun 27

Thursday, 8:00 PM

The Boston Pops Celebrates Queen with Marc Martel

Tanglewood

Koussevitzky Music Shed - Lenox, MA

On Thursday, June 27 at 8 p.m., the Boston Pops and special guest Marc Martel join together for a celebration of the legendary rock band Queen. Martel, known for his striking vocal resemblance to Freddie Mercury, Queen’s lead singer, has been fronting Queen's official tribute show, The Queen Extravaganza, since 2011. Now, eight years later, Martel also tours all over the world with his own Queen tribute show, The Ultimate Queen Celebration, and orchestral show, Symphonic Queen, and was a vocalist for the 2018 Oscar-winning biopic Bohemian Rhapsody, along with Freddie Mercury and Rami Malek. Leading this Pops program in the Koussevitzky Music Shed is James Burton, Tanglewood Festival Chorus conductor and choral director of the Boston Symphony Orchestra.

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm intrigued by this show ...

https://www.bso.org/Performance/Detail/103513

Jun 27

Thursday, 8:00 PM

The Boston Pops Celebrates Queen with Marc Martel

Tanglewood

Koussevitzky Music Shed - Lenox, MA

On Thursday, June 27 at 8 p.m., the Boston Pops and special guest Marc Martel join together for a celebration of the legendary rock band Queen. Martel, known for his striking vocal resemblance to Freddie Mercury, Queen’s lead singer, has been fronting Queen's official tribute show, The Queen Extravaganza, since 2011. Now, eight years later, Martel also tours all over the world with his own Queen tribute show, The Ultimate Queen Celebration, and orchestral show, Symphonic Queen, and was a vocalist for the 2018 Oscar-winning biopic Bohemian Rhapsody, along with Freddie Mercury and Rami Malek. Leading this Pops program in the Koussevitzky Music Shed is James Burton, Tanglewood Festival Chorus conductor and choral director of the Boston Symphony Orchestra.

I got to see the Boston Pops a bunch of times when my buddy (who now plays for the WASO) summered with them at Tanglewood as a student percussionist.  Lot of fun to hear.