Summer 2019 Concerts/Shows

LeviF

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

And this actual old dude stands for all his concerts. Sure I’m on the rail so I have something to lean against for 6 plus hours but @LeviF91 is a young wuss if he needs a seat. 

The lawn at SPAC is full of amateurs.  It's like a minefield where the mines are passed out people, puke and garbage.  When lawn seats were a standard $9/show (many moons ago), it was worth it.  Now they cost between $20-$40.  Eff that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, coloradobillsfan said:

This show was fantastic last night!  If you are a fan of early Pink Floyd you simply cannot miss this tour - the set list was a dream! and the band is a very talented unit.  They will be in Buffalo at Shea's on April 11th and I highly encourage all real PF fans to catch what might be your only opportunity.  No re-hashing Money /Comfy Numb / Another Brick in the Wall for the millionth time but instead a thorough exploration of both the Syd Barrett era and the years pre-Dark Side.  Simply wonderful!

Thanks for the review. Looking forward to hearing the early songs, some of which have not been played live in nearly 50 years. We are going to the last US show in DC on April 22. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And this actual old dude stands for all his concerts. Sure I’m on the rail so I have something to lean against for 6 plus hours but @LeviF91 is a young wuss if he needs a seat. 

"Seat" at SPAC just means an assigned place away from the unwashed masses. 

21 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

"Seat" at SPAC just means an assigned place away from the unwashed masses. 

If you don’t come away from a concert dirty and sweaty you might was well stream it from home.  I’m the dirty guy front and center 

B25AF30C-4BF8-4F17-980A-6BA2DCD22E71.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If you don’t come away from a concert dirty and sweaty you might was well stream it from home.  I’m the dirty guy front and center 

B25AF30C-4BF8-4F17-980A-6BA2DCD22E71.jpeg

I get dirty and sweaty but I don't need some 45 year old woman who hasn't drank in a year puking on me. 

15 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I get dirty and sweaty but I don't need some 45 year old woman who hasn't drank in a year puking on me. 

It's funny.  At the shows where I am if you're 45 years old and you're up front you're a youngun.  Hell I'm one of the younger people up on the rail. LOL 

3 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

This show was fantastic last night!  If you are a fan of early Pink Floyd you simply cannot miss this tour - the set list was a dream! and the band is a very talented unit.  They will be in Buffalo at Shea's on April 11th and I highly encourage all real PF fans to catch what might be your only opportunity.  No re-hashing Money /Comfy Numb / Another Brick in the Wall for the millionth time but instead a thorough exploration of both the Syd Barrett era and the years pre-Dark Side.  Simply wonderful!

Wow.  Great tip, thanks, man!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On March 20, 2019 at 3:04 PM, LeviF91 said:

The Woodstock 50 thread got me thinking about the shows I want to see this summer.  Living in the Albany area the local scene is pretty good and we get some bigger acts that come to SPAC.  So far I'm planning on seeing:

Knotfest w/ Volbeat, Gojira, and Behemoth

Tedeschi Trucks

KISS

Zac Brown Band

and possibly Skynyrd. though two nights in a row (Zac Brown night one) might be a bit much for me.

Plus any number of smaller and/or local bands that'll play my favorite watering holes.

Gonna hit at least one festival this year.  My buddy got passes to Warped Tour in AC, we have to see about Woodstock 50.  Maybe take a road trip to Summerfest or something cool like that.

What do y'all have planned?  Anything in New York/PA/tri-state that you recommend?

I live near Albany too.  I was hoping to see Knopfler at the Palace.  He played there on his last two tours but he isn't this time.  I'll be making the drive to Foxwoods in August.  I've never seen a show there and considered Boston or NY. 

Anyone ever been to Foxwoods for a concert?

21 hours ago, OGTEleven said:

I live near Albany too.  I was hoping to see Knopfler at the Palace.  He played there on his last two tours but he isn't this time.  I'll be making the drive to Foxwoods in August.  I've never seen a show there and considered Boston or NY. 

Anyone ever been to Foxwoods for a concert?

Off topic, but you need to join in on a 518 luncheon, man.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:56 AM, Gugny said:

Going to the Experience Hendrix show on 4/3 at the Palace.  Caught this the last time they were around and it was phenomenal.  Will miss not having KWS in the lineup, but I still expect it to be great.  Bringing Lil' Gug to this one.

Also, Slipknot (Volbeat, Gojira, and Behemoth) in August at SPAC (see you there??).  This one is obviously for Lil' Gug, although when I brought him to see Slipknot at SPAC four years ago, I enjoyed it.  And I like Volbeat's music/sound - so this should be a good show.

I have no interest in the "Woodstock" thing at Watkins Glen.  Jay Z and Pus-sy Riot don't scream "three days of peace, love and music" to me.  I'm gonna keep my eye on what's going on in Bethel and will likely go there for a more appropriate honoring of the original festival.

Going to see Randy Hansen in Portland Or. next month. He is the most phenomenal Hendrix tribute guitar player I have ever seen. If you have not heard of him look him up. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Hansen Don't know if he is playing any East coast shows this year

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/22/2019 at 4:24 PM, Gugny said:

The lawn at SPAC is full of amateurs.  It's like a minefield where the mines are passed out people, puke and garbage.  When lawn seats were a standard $9/show (many moons ago), it was worth it.  Now they cost between $20-$40.  Eff that.

What I've been doing here with our new amphitheater is buying the cheapest seat inside, then the day of the concert, a few hours before, look to see what is still showing as unsold, and sitting there instead, because the staff there only checks that you have a ticket for being under the roof, not that you actually go to your correct seat. 

So far this year I'll be going to...

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction

Morrisey in Toronto

Hootie and The Blowfish/BNL

Peter Frampton

There's other shows I'm interested in but will probably buy tickets once it gets closer. 

On 3/25/2019 at 5:55 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I just found a leak of a Thursday Canalside show. Got it from the Glorious Sons website. This will be a terrific show!

7/25 - Buffalo, NY at Canalside (Venue TBC) w/The Struts & Glorious Sons

First Canalside show officially announced:

California rock band Incubus will play Buffalo's waterfront this summer.

The Canalside Live Concert Series announced that the band, fronted by Brandon Boyd since its formation in 1991, will play at 5 p.m. Aug. 6.

VIP tickets are $40, on sale through EventBrite and include access to the Honda VIP Pavilion, two complimentary drinks, private restrooms and access to the front of the stage. The VIP section has been enlarged and stretches from Main Street to the Beer Garden.

General admission tickets for this show are $10 and will go on sale in May, with the specific date to be determined. Sites for purchase are all 17 Consumers Beverages locations and the Canalside info kiosk, which both include a free drink coupon if purchased before 2 p.m. the day of the show, and through EventBrite.

Canalside noted that this Tuesday show is a special gig; the majority of Canalside Live shows will be held Thursdays, ranging from $5-$35.

• Like (+1) 1

Going to see Train & the Goo Goo Dolls(on tour together) this summer.  Saw Train at a work conference customer appreciation event about 8 years ago.  Their front man, Pat Monahan, is a good performer.  Have wanted to see them again since then.  

Edited by LabattBlue

14 hours ago, ricojes said:

First Canalside show officially announced:

California rock band Incubus will play Buffalo's waterfront this summer.

The Canalside Live Concert Series announced that the band, fronted by Brandon Boyd since its formation in 1991, will play at 5 p.m. Aug. 6.

VIP tickets are $40, on sale through EventBrite and include access to the Honda VIP Pavilion, two complimentary drinks, private restrooms and access to the front of the stage. The VIP section has been enlarged and stretches from Main Street to the Beer Garden.

General admission tickets for this show are $10 and will go on sale in May, with the specific date to be determined. Sites for purchase are all 17 Consumers Beverages locations and the Canalside info kiosk, which both include a free drink coupon if purchased before 2 p.m. the day of the show, and through EventBrite.

Canalside noted that this Tuesday show is a special gig; the majority of Canalside Live shows will be held Thursdays, ranging from $5-$35.

I saw Incubus at a Lollapalooza in 2003; they were excellent.  I'd be all over this if I lived closer.

On 3/25/2019 at 5:55 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I just found a leak of a Thursday Canalside show. Got it from the Glorious Sons website. This will be a terrific show!

7/25 - Buffalo, NY at Canalside (Venue TBC) w/The Struts & Glorious Sons

Incubus...August 6th.