Summer 2019 Concerts/Shows

LeviF

The Woodstock 50 thread got me thinking about the shows I want to see this summer.  Living in the Albany area the local scene is pretty good and we get some bigger acts that come to SPAC.  So far I'm planning on seeing:

Knotfest w/ Volbeat, Gojira, and Behemoth

Tedeschi Trucks

KISS

Zac Brown Band

and possibly Skynyrd. though two nights in a row (Zac Brown night one) might be a bit much for me.

Plus any number of smaller and/or local bands that'll play my favorite watering holes.

Gonna hit at least one festival this year.  My buddy got passes to Warped Tour in AC, we have to see about Woodstock 50.  Maybe take a road trip to Summerfest or something cool like that.

What do y'all have planned?  Anything in New York/PA/tri-state that you recommend?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When do the Canalside shows get  announced?

They just started hiring staff for the summer so an announcement can't be too far away, I'd think.  Presumably they should know when they need people before hiring them.

26 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

The Woodstock 50 thread got me thinking about the shows I want to see this summer.  Living in the Albany area the local scene is pretty good and we get some bigger acts that come to SPAC.  So far I'm planning on seeing:

Knotfest w/ Volbeat, Gojira, and Behemoth

Tedeschi Trucks

KISS

Zac Brown Band

and possibly Skynyrd. though two nights in a row (Zac Brown night one) might be a bit much for me.

Plus any number of smaller and/or local bands that'll play my favorite watering holes.

Gonna hit at least one festival this year.  My buddy got passes to Warped Tour in AC, we have to see about Woodstock 50.  Maybe take a road trip to Summerfest or something cool like that.

What do y'all have planned?  Anything in New York/PA/tri-state that you recommend?

How many years is Skynyrd going to milk the "Farewell Tour"...not to mention KISS.

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

How many years is Skynyrd going to milk the "Farewell Tour"...not to mention KISS.

At this point, who knows?  But I get in for free so all it costs me is a car ride and a few hours of my time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Knotfest w/ Volbeat, Gojira, and Behemoth  ( who the F are these knuckledraggers)

Tedeschi Trucks (same)

KISS (Never in my lifetime would i see)

Zac Brown Band

I did see Zac Brown last year, they were great. Does not surprise the rest of your picks are just god awful

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I did see Zac Brown last year, they were great. Does not surprice the rest of oyur picks are just god awful

They put on a great show, saw them last year as well.

As far as the rest of them, get yourself some earplugs, old-timer :lol:

47 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Gene will still be out there in 2040

Yep...he's a two dimes for a quarter exchange cheap ass...I doubt he's doing it for the love of rock and roll like Tom Petty did.

Edited by Misterbluesky

• Shovels and Rope with Frank Turner in Madison, WI
  • Summer Camp
  • Great Blue Heron Music Festival
  • Phish at Alpine Valley, WI
  • And we're fulfilling one of my bucket-list items: seeing a show at Red Rocks Colorado. (String Cheese Incident on 7/20).
  •  

Oh, and we just scored free tickets to a Grateful Dead tribute at the House of Blues in Chicago.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 2

My only one I have plans for (or had plans for) was Train / Goo Goo Dolls here in the Bay Area. I hate when you buy tix several months in advance. My daughter and her BF were going w/ us, but she is now attending Country Summer (a huge 3-day concert here in town) and my other daughter is coming home from Buffalo that week. Not sure she'll be cool w/ going. Hell, I may have bought A's tickets for that night too. What a disaster! I hate trying to unload tickets. ? I would have loved to go though...there's hope! 

So far we got Dead and Co 2 nights at The Gorge in early June, ELO in Portland end of June with my younger brother who lives in CT. Very next day Santana and The Doobie Bros across the river in WA. Then almost a week of music at The Oregon Country Fair in early July.

A beautiful warm sunny day here in Eugene with my big Sugar Magnolia tree getting ready to bloom after a long winter, has me looking forward to spring and summer music fests.

Santana and The Doobies are playing at the original Woodstock site in Bethel for a wknd in Aug not too far from you, along with Ringo and his band, Johnny Winter Group and some others. You know, old timer music.?

Do they still do a free Mayfest concert at SUNY Albany, those were pretty crazy early 80s.

39 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Shovels and Rope with Frank Turner in Madison, WI

Summer Camp

Great Blue Heron Music Festival

Phish at Alpine Valley, WI

And we're fulfilling one of my bucket-list items: seeing a show at Red Rocks Colorado. (String Cheese Incident on 7/20).

Oh, and we just scored free tickets to a Grateful Dead tribute at the House of Blues in Chicago.

Have fun at Red Rocks, saw the Grateful Dead there many times in the 80s. We would camp and party for days down the road at Chief Hosa's campground, good times indeed. Saw The Allman Bros with a just being discovered Rusted Root opening in the early 90s. Beautiful venue with great acoustics and amazing sunsets. We go to the Gorge Amphitheater a lot now and I haven't been to Red Rocks in a really long time. Used to hang out with the SCI when they were starting out early 90s, they would play at a small bar in Park City and then we would all go to a friend's house and party and jam music together all night. Travis is a really good dude (and a really good drummer). 

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 3

Tedeschi Trucks band is my favorite; been following Derek for over 20 years and I'm convinced he's the best guitarist of his generation.  Really grown to love Susan, she brings it every single night.   TTB x 2 at Red Rocks this July. 

Also seeing Nick Mason tomorrow night (ok a spring show), The Who (don't care if they're old I'll take every opportunity I can get to see them), and Rodrigo y Gabriela who are a really spectacular duo who mix Spanish guitar with all kinds of music including heavy metal - very unique

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

Tedeschi Trucks band is my favorite; been following Derek for over 20 years and I'm convinced he's the best guitarist of his generation.  Really grown to love Susan, she brings it every single night.   TTB x 2 at Red Rocks this July. 

Also seeing Nick Mason tomorrow night (ok a spring show), The Who (don't care if they're old I'll take every opportunity I can get to see them), and Rodrigo y Gabriela who are a really spectacular duo who mix Spanish guitar with all kinds of music including heavy metal - very unique

+1.  He's unbelievable.  

• Thank you (+1) 1