Tulsi Gabbard

49 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

How do yall pay for it BigMcD?

Part of the 3.2 could come from stop paying for things like Medicare, Medicaid, VA and roll it all into Comprehensive Insurance for all.  Presently the government pays for 60% of all health care now.  I probably wouldn't like it because I go to VA and get excellent care.

Would be great for small bidness if they didn't have to pay ridiculous premiums for their employees.

You pay for it one way or the other.

? actually it was to divert all the money Trump pays off women with. Figure that should do it. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You'd be doubling the federal budget with one program. That WILL require a massive tax increase. Not only that, there will still be individual premiums. Ask anyone on Medicare.

No crap. 

This is one of the things that irks me about this whole Medicare for All slogan.  Medicare is not free.  I've gotten to the age where I needed to start looking into it for planning purposes.  If you want it to cover things like regular insurance does like prescriptions etc., you gotta BUY part C I think it is which is hundreds of dollars a month.  Then you still got co pays.

What I think what they really mean is comprehensive health reform which was a slogan that didn't work so well last time, so they are giving it a new name that sounds cool.

Gabbert has zero chance. Harris/Sanders/Biden have a chance. Beto is the odds on favorite. He's got that Obama like charisma that will win over the common folk. He's vague on policy, but Trump proved that policy really doesn't matter. Build a wall? Move the Israeli embassy to Jerusalem? Meh. I'm sure there are a few more examples , but we're gonna replace Obamacare with something "much better" miraculously got him elected. Policy is irrelevant in 2020.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Does anyone know how Canada can get by giving their population "free" healthcare?

Shittycare and wait times plus we in the USA take care of most of their defense expense.

I like how people also conveniently forget that their population is 1/10th of ours. Lot easier to provide coverage for 33 million than it is for 330 million.

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Does anyone know how Canada can get by giving their population "free" healthcare?

Shittycare and wait times plus we in the USA take care of most of their defense expense.

Shittycare?  Yeah sucks to wait 4 hours in emerg to get fixed up for free. 

Had to wait 4 days once to get an mri.

Have a heart attack - no wait. And if you need a stent put in? Same day or next at the latest. Cancer diagnosis? Into the cancer centre the next week. Yeah if you have an elective surgery for say a shoulder, yeah you could wait months because it’s not a priority, but chances are you were putting up with that bad shoulder for a while already. Not sure where these people live who you get your info from but I haven’t experienced any of the issues people talk about. 

And defense? Who are you protecting us from? All those countries wanting to attack Canada ?. The only danger we have is living next to the crackhouse! 

18 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I like how people also conveniently forget that their population is 1/10th of ours. Lot easier to provide coverage for 33 million than it is for 330 million.

? Where do you think the money to pay for it comes from? Tax payers. You have 10x the tax payers. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

Shittycare?  Yeah sucks to wait 4 hours in emerg to get fixed up for free. 

Had to wait 4 days once to get an mri.

Have a heart attack - no wait. And if you need a stent put in? Same day or next at the latest. Cancer diagnosis? Into the cancer centre the next week. Yeah if you have an elective surgery for say a shoulder, yeah you could wait months because it’s not a priority, but chances are you were putting up with that bad shoulder for a while already. Not sure where these people live who you get your info from but I haven’t experienced any of the issues people talk about. 

And defense? Who are you protecting us from? All those countries wanting to attack Canada ?. The only danger we have is living next to the crackhouse! 

I guess we are just doing too good of a job protecting you.