Tulsi Gabbard

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I know. And I guarantee you that more than half the electorate is like you which is WHY we end up with presidents like Hussein.

?????

Do you see who I am touting as who I would like to be the leader of our country....there is NOTHING about her that even insinuates that.

1 minute ago, GaryPinC said:

She was one of the first democrats to meet with Trump after he won the election.  She is pragmatic, seems to focus on common ground and willing to talk to the unpopular leaders to find it.

She would be a fantastic first woman president and would easily have my vote over anyone else from either party right now.  As others have said, I don't think the Dems will give her a shot.  

I agree.  I think she gets it.

I can almost guarantee that the white house Q and A's with the media would become non toxic in a hurry.   She might even get up on the podiam......

10 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

What does 'acting presidential' even mean?

Yup that’s my question. I used so spend time in front of the mirror every morning getting my hair perfect. My wife and I called it Presidential hair. The last two have blown that term out of the water though. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

?????

Do you see who I am touting as who I would like to be the leader of our country....there is NOTHING about her that even insinuates that.

John-

I mean this in all sincerity. If you, like so many people in this country, vote for someone based on how they make you FEEL rather than the policy positions they take, that is a HUGE contributor to the ongoing failure of the US as a country.

And yes, I see you're touting someone who supports Medicare for All.

https://www.tulsigabbard.org/tulsi-gabbard-on-medicare-all

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Unfortunately the intelligence officials recruiting Trump were Russian

Never change, Bob.

Never change.

:lol:

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

John-

I mean this in all sincerity. If you, like so many people in this country, vote for someone based on how they make you FEEL rather than the policy positions they take, that is a HUGE contributor to the ongoing failure of the US as a country.

And yes, I see you're touting someone who supports Medicare for All.

https://www.tulsigabbard.org/tulsi-gabbard-on-medicare-all

Joe,

When my girlfriend and I had been dating for a while she (a CNA who works 2 jobs 16 hours a day) showed me her paycheck.   The amount she is paying for health insurance is INSANE because he is just above the low income barrier and so she cannot have Medical.

Her situation sucks.   frankly the Medicare for All thing is not a BAD thing for the people that fall into that group....of which there are many.

Now did a little deeper on how Tulsi would pay for that.....less military intervention into countries (which costs a ton and DOES NOT work) and use that money on our own country.

Yes.   I like that.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

When my girlfriend and I had been dating for a while she (a CNA who works 2 jobs 16 hours a day) showed me her paycheck.   The amount she is paying for health insurance is INSANE because he is just above the low income barrier and so she cannot have Medical.

Wanna guess WHY her health insurance is so expensive?

I'll save you the time and tell you why: the "Affordable Care Act." The guy who rammed that legislation through? The last guy who ran on "hope and change." The last guy people elected because he made them "feel good."

I don't want a president that makes me feel good. I want a president who won't bankrupt me with crappy programs.

I'm all for withdrawing from overseas. But she's dreaming if she thinks she'll pay for medicare for all by lessening foreign intervention. That's for suckers.

The top line of the paper’s abstract says that the bill “would, under conservative estimates, increase federal budget commitments by approximately $32.6 trillion during its first 10 years of full implementation.” According to the paper, even doubling all “currently projected federal individual and corporate income tax collections would be insufficient to finance the added federal costs of the plan.”

You read that right, 32 TRILLION dollars over 10 years. 3.2 trillion dollars per year for a decade.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/08/the-cost-of-medicare-for-all/

For reference, the entire spending outlay for 2018's budget was a little over 4 trillion dollars. So she's talking about DOUBLING government spending. For ONE item. Where's that money coming from, John?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_United_States_federal_budget

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Joe,

Her situation sucks.   frankly the Medicare for All thing is not a BAD thing for the people that fall into that group....of which there are many.

Now did a little deeper on how Tulsi would pay for that.....less military intervention into countries (which costs a ton and DOES NOT work) and use that money on our own country.

Yes.   I like that.

You give a ***** about your girlfriend, not me.  You want her to have better insurance than she's able to obtain for herself?

You pay for it, and keep your hands out of my wallet.

Your preferences in this regard are incredibly immoral.

Who, exactly, do you think you are to insist that others should pay for articles of single use, non-shared utility at the barrel of a gun?

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

don't burn yourself out....

Oh I wont spend a lot of time in here.  Not versed enough to not get eaten lol.

But.....good discussion.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You give a ***** about your girlfriend, not me.  You want her to have better insurance than she's able to obtain for herself?

You pay for it, and keep your hands out of my wallet.

Your preferences in this regard are incredibly immoral.

Who, exactly, do you think you are to insist that others should pay for articles of single use, non-shared utility at the barrel of a gun?

Calm down sir

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

But.....good discussion.

Stick around.

The discussion, and the demands placed on an individual to be taken seriously here, have more educational value than most four year degrees these days.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Calm down sir

This is a lousy medium to infer tone.

Take what I say at face value, without reading emotion into it.

34 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Unfortunately the intelligence officials recruiting Trump were Russian

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! Now that's some funny ass ***** right here.  

Oh wait.....you're serious?  

Never mind. 

Take a look at youtube and watch all the deranged leftists screaming, kicking, cursing, whining and attacking

Trump and his family based on 'feelings', but somehow Trumps behavior is bad?

Have people lost their ability to reason?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Take a look at youtube and watch all the deranged leftists screaming, kicking, cursing, whining and attacking

Trump and his family based on 'feelings', but somehow Trumps behavior is bad?

Have people lost their ability to reason?

All those people are not the President. They don’t need to act presidential. 

Edited by BigMcD

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump was not a member of the uniparty, thus his win and administration is a threat to said establishment - which extends beyond politicians and into the corporate media, entertainment industry, intelligence community, and the global community. For 2+ years now, millions (billions) of dollars have been spent trying to cement this image of Trump in your mind:

I've been thinking for a while that this is really what's behind the endless investigations.  Both sides are playing.

Two things both parties can agree on.  War, and keeping everyone else out. 

With Trump as a total outsider they want to make an example out of him in case any other outsiders like Oprah, or Snoop, or Kanye, or Mark Cuban think they want to run.  If the HoR and Senate want to sift though any rich person's books and their lawyer's office, they're toast.

========================

Thanks for your service John. 

I don't know  a whole lotabout Tulsi but I love that she's a fellow veteran who served in Iraq and knows these conquests never work and doesn't want to get in any more.  However, she made some gay or trans thing a while back so she's out.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

@John from Riverside

Does President Trump act like a toad often? Undoubtedly.

Does he act like a 5 year old child who wants to take his ball and go home at times? For sure.

Does Trump act presidential most of the time? Not even close.

What Trump has done, however, is cast himself into the vipers nest in an attempt to give us our country back. In doing so, he has put himself, and his family, at great risk. He is besieged by many in the public, the main stream media, social networks, and various governmental officials 24 hours a day, for no other reason than for him being outside the establishment. No one could be expected to continually act presidential during this assault.

If you stick around here long enough (even if you just lurk), have an open mind, and poke around in the various threads, you will come across many unpleasant truths. And you may wonder how so many, got away with so much, for so long. Trump is the wrecking ball and the pendulum is just about to swing. 

I highly encourage you to spend the ~5 minutes watching this video. It's loaded with heavy truths. I don't expect you to believe them, but at a minimum it should raise some questions for you to reflect on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I've been thinking for a while that this is really what's behind the endless investigations.  Both sides are playing.

Two things both parties can agree on.  War, and keeping everyone else out. 

With Trump as a total outsider they want to make an example out of him in case any other outsiders like Oprah, or Snoop, or Kanye, or Mark Cuban think they want to run.  If the HoR and Senate want to sift though any rich person's books and their lawyer's office, they're toast.

It was Trump's foreign policy agenda specifically which made him a threat to the global political establishment. This campaign video (above!), red meat and all, really cuts to the heart of it: 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

But.....good discussion.

If you're willing to engage in discussion, tolerate the occasional insult, and back up your position with facts (not feelz), then you'll be fine here. You're off to a good start.

Oh, and you will be hazed.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It was Trump's foreign policy agenda specifically which made him a threat to the global political establishment. This campaign video, red meat and all, really cuts to the heart of it: 

Beat you with this by a few minutes!

:beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Beat you with this by a few minutes!

:beer:

First.....I am not a Clinton fan who I also considered a BAD choice for a presidential cand

but

Why is it that when I watch this video my stomach turns when Trump is talking about "1 percent of the ppl bad" when HE IS DOING THE EXACT SAME THING

Maybe the simple truth is that they are ALL corrupt......and I am looking for better.