Tulsi Gabbard

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am not going to speak for anybody else but me and others can think what they want.

I want my president to at least know how to carry himself as a leader of a country.   Donald Trump has NO moral compass.

I fought for this country.   I care what people think of it.   I care how the leader of it acts.

For the record.  I could not vote for Hillary Clinton either......something about her seems equally not natural and not ethical.

That is how I know that I am neither right or left.   And has rhino puts so well I dont even know if there is a real difference.

I would EASILY vote for a indie that I thought was up to the task.

I don't think Phauxahontis will get the nod. 

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Yes

I will give one and there are many others.

Anyone with ANY moral compas would have STFU about McCain which he did not do.

I dont care if you agree with or dont agree with why Trump was upset.    Anyone with any moral compass lets this go because he has plenty of other things he should be concerned with and not talking about someone who just died.

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No I would prefer a president that strengthens the country AND acts presidential.

And frankly I dont think that is too much to ask.

What does 'acting presidential' even mean?

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I dont care if you agree with or dont agree with why Trump was upset.    Anyone with any moral compass lets this go because he has plenty of other things he should be concerned with and not talking about someone who just died.

It was well known that the two guys didnt get a long. I dont expect his opinion to change of the man just because he died. Some follow the whole dont talk ill of the dead idea, but some do not. You should have seen the thread on here that happened just after he died for example.

Also, I dont think his comments really took away from any of those things that you say he should be concerned with.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What if he knows that John McCain betrayed his country, many times over, aligning himself with true evil, costing American lives?

Just now, Koko78 said:

What does 'acting presidential' even mean?

It might mean something different to you.

What it means to me is someone that I am actually proud for speaking for my country and that involves a great many things.

Once again.  I am not hear to sway anyone.   This is how I feel about it.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

What if he knows that John McCain betrayed his country, many times over, aligning himself with true evil, costing American lives?

I was going to mention you by name in my response to him, but figured you would be a long.

• Like (+1) 1

What it means to me is someone that I am actually proud for speaking for my country and that involves a great many things.

And just for clarification on my stance, ideally I agree with you, but most of the time our two options do not give us a choice of someone with both, at least as recent history has shown

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

No one is asking you to sway anyone. However, 'acting presidential' is a pretty subjective term. It is hard to have a conversation about it when we don't know what you're actually talking about.

• Like (+1) 1

Because he doesnt know that.  Not in my opinion.

And

People in glass houses really should not throw stones.

There's a good deal of evidence that he does, in fact, know that.

The President was recruited to run for office by high ranking military intelligence officials precisely because of traitors like McCain operating at the highest level of government.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

No one is asking you to sway anyone. However, 'acting presidential' is a pretty subjective term. It is hard to have a conversation about it when we don't know what you're actually talking about.

I dont think it is really that hard to understand what I am talking about.   Look at who I am holding up as a possible alternate leader.

Do you see how these two act very differently?

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

My first topic thread ever on this forum.....I tread lightly in here with you sharks :)

Since my time of leaving the military and particulary this year I have been trying to educate myself on politics.....I try very hard to look at things without bias and let opposing views enter my mind openly so that I can evaluate them and have at least a informed take.   I admit I find this very hard to do for some reason.

What I think I have come to a conclusion on is I cant be a left or a right......because both sides make mistakes and dont follow through on the promises they make to get into office.

BUT.....and for some reason this really hits me where it counts.    I think that our President is a representative of all of us to the world.....so I need for that person to ACT Presidential.

For this reason.....there is no way I can support Trump.....who I find to be a scumbag of the highest order....everything about him repulses me......it seems that he does things in such a way that our senses KNOW that it is wrong but it is done with such a regularity that you become numb to it and it becomes the new normal (and when I say this I am NOT defending past democrat presidents.....only that when you see that the White house briefing has become a war zone/drama......a president twittering hateful things about a dead McCain (who I am sure was not perfect) but just on twitter all night spewing hate and negativity regardless of what is going on in the world and not the proper time for it (if there actually is a time)......

Is Trump doing some positive things?   Possibly.....but his lack of Presidential presence overshadows all to me.

So to my question.   What are peoples opinions of Tulsi Gabbard.   I have been studying her interviews and I have to say I am impressed right now.....now as a democrat but as a person.   I freely admit that being ex military myself and the fact that she is ex military and served in the same conflicts I did probably have an affect on my judgement.

What opinions do people have here?   As a President or maybe even a Vice President?

She was one of the first democrats to meet with Trump after he won the election.  She is pragmatic, seems to focus on common ground and willing to talk to the unpopular leaders to find it.

She would be a fantastic first woman president and would easily have my vote over anyone else from either party right now.  As others have said, I don't think the Dems will give her a shot.