Tackle at #9, Dawkins to LG

Nsekhe, Dawkins, Morse, Long, #9 draft pick.  That is the best way we could turn our biggest weakness from last year into a strength.  I get we could use help on the Dline.  What needs more overall help our offense with a second year QB or a #2 ranked defense?

Then I would like to see DE in the second and TE in the 3rd.  I don’t see much of a need ar WR after the contracts we just gave out. 

• Like (+1) 2

The #2 ranked defense featured a Pro Bowl level 3T. Without a quality player at that critical position, there is no guarantee that the defense will remain #2 overall or close.

Maintaining an elite defense helps a young QB, as well. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The more I examine the roster and our recent additions, I agree that we still need to draft another O-Lineman high.

We are set at center with Mitch Morse, and we need to have confidence that Dion Dawkins returns to form after a sophomore slump.  I think that Ty Nsekhe will be a significant upgrade over Jordan Mills, but he's already 34 and can't be counted on as a long-term answer.  We added some nice competition at the guard position, but neither Spencer Long or Jon Feliciano are guaranteed upgrades.  And we have no idea whether Wyatt Teller will develop.

I'm comfortable enough in our additions at Wide Receiver to let things play out, and we don't need to draft anyone else high.

Our biggest remaining needs (in order):

1. Tight End

2.  Offensive Line

3.  Defensive Tackle/3-Tech

4.  Defensive End

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

The #2 ranked defense featured a Pro Bowl level 3T. Without a quality player at that critical position, there is no guarantee that the defense will remain #2 overall or close.

Really doubt they will stay #2 overall when only starting 10 guys!

Wait if they start 10 on D can they go with 12 on offense??

image.thumb.png.510057d8a7dee9a6cc4910c44e02dd35.png

18 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

Nsekhe, Dawkins, Morse, Long, #9 draft pick.  That is the best way we could turn our biggest weakness from last year into a strength.  I get we could use help on the Dline.  What needs more overall help our offense with a second year QB or a #2 ranked defense?

Then I would like to see DE in the second and TE in the 3rd.  I don’t see much of a need ar WR after the contracts we just gave out. 

Agree.  Hopefully we dont pick in the top 10 again anytime soon.  This our chance to get a long term tackle 

21 minutes ago, Logic said:

WHile I love Meatball....would you say that his performance was slipping a bit before he retired?

27 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

So who’s that “can’t miss” franchise LT that will be there at 9 and worth taking as early as 9?  Because I don’t see one.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Not sure why no one is mentioning that we desperately need a linebacker.  Our starters are good but we have ZERO depth.

This is absolutely true. Either way, if you have your board set and you project an LT to be franchise, then you do what you need to do with Dawkins. LB has to be addressed either way. I am literally on board for BPO. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

And even then it had difficulty stopping the run in several games.

• Like (+1) 1