Woodstock 50

Pete

35 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I forget what band it was ( I think Chili Peppers), but they actually handed out  candles for the show. Not such a good idea in retrospect. 

I saw them handing out the candles before I left in the afternoon. My immediate thought was "This is going to end badly." Not sure why that was what popped in my head at that moment, maybe some premonition? 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I saw them handing out the candles before I left in the afternoon. My immediate thought was "This is going to end badly." Not sure why that was what popped in my head at that moment, maybe some premonition? 

I'm not sure if my memory serves me right or not, but I think I remember the Chili Peppers covering Jimi Hendrix Fire as well.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

55 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Should we remind you at this point that your brother in law is ‘Dunkirk Don’?  ?

He lives out east, but he’s never been to a high level business meeting, as far as I know. 

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

50 years ago as an 8 year old we were in Batavia with the family out for dinner. We drove by the thruway entrance and saw a group of people holding a sign that said Woodstock.  I asked my dad who are they??  "Hippies...." he grumbled. 

They weren't stopping for the ribs?

On 3/20/2019 at 9:54 PM, BillsPride12 said:

These stories are amazing.  Even with all of the bad stuff that happened, I still wish I attended Woodstock in 99 just for the experience in itself.

My brother was there but left before it got really bad. Once the water was broke and portapotty over flowed he got out. 

Wish i could go this year.