Woodstock 50

Pete

I remember the first one, but I was 6 with "unhip" parents.

The one thing that hasn't come out yet is the pricing.

But that weekend is the weekend we deliver my daughter to college so it's a no-go for me.

4 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I remember the first one, but I was 6 with "unhip" parents.

The one thing that hasn't come out yet is the pricing.

But that weekend is the weekend we deliver my daughter to college so it's a no-go for me.

They said on the radio today it was like 140 per day. Not sure how accurate it was. 

Woodstock has been one of the most romanticized events over the years.  Looks like it was all pretty disgusting. Nasty showers (if they had any) Nastier porto potties. Crappy food. People rolling around in the mud. Lots of OD"s. bleech ?

33 minutes ago, Dante said:

Woodstock has been one of the most romanticized events over the years.  Looks like it was all pretty disgusting. Nasty showers (if they had any) Nastier porto potties. Crappy food. People rolling around in the mud. Lots of OD"s. bleech ?

Presumably this one would be a bit better.  On par with most modern festivals, at least.

56 minutes ago, Dante said:

used to know someone who was at both Woodstock and Altamont, he said the former was a better time, hands down.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

this thing is going to be an abortion.

watkins glen is a good venue though...not that i've seen a concert there.

Day 1 is really the only day I'm interested in.  The Killers, The Lumineers, Nate Rateliff, The Head and the Heart, Grandson, Santana.  Pretty solid.  Maybe I'll go day one and take a trip out to training camp for the rest of the weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Day 1 is really the only day I'm interested in.  The Killers, The Lumineers, Nate Rateliff, The Head and the Heart, Grandson, Santana.  Pretty solid.  Maybe I'll go day one and take a trip out to training camp for the rest of the weekend.

i could really do day 2 as well.  i think you have the right idea by coming into the area and making a few days of it.  i'm not sure if one day would be worth the price.  the only other concern i have is that it can be a B word to get in and out of the glenn when it's busy.

Just now, teef said:

i could really do day 2 as well.  i think you have the right idea by coming into the area and making a few days of it.  i'm not sure if one day would be worth the price.  the only other concern i have is that it can be a B word to get in and out of the glenn when it's busy.

You in Buffalo?  I'd be driving from Albany.  Only issue is the glen is in the middle of nowhere so I'd be driving a bit after the show to get to an Airbnb in Rochester or something.  Day 2 I'd enjoy as well but I wouldn't pay for a whole other day for it.  If they sell two day passes at a reduced rate I'd think about it.

3 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

You in Buffalo?  I'd be driving from Albany.  Only issue is the glen is in the middle of nowhere so I'd be driving a bit after the show to get to an Airbnb in Rochester or something.  Day 2 I'd enjoy as well but I wouldn't pay for a whole other day for it.  If they sell two day passes at a reduced rate I'd think about it.

i'm in rochester, and it's an easy drive.  how much is an aribnb in this area?  some nice hotel rooms can be had for pretty inexpensive.  I would guess the tickets are an all or nothing type thing.  if they sold by the day, that may be very worth it.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm in rochester, and it's an easy drive.  how much is an aribnb in this area?  some nice hotel rooms can be had for pretty inexpensive.  I would guess the tickets are an all or nothing type thing.  if they sold by the day, that may be very worth it.

One can rent an entire one bedroom apartment for less than $75 a night in Rochester, depending obviously on date and availability. Quick look showed me an entire apartment in the Park Ave area for $87 per night that weekend.  The suburbs can get really cheap.

4 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

One can rent an entire one bedroom apartment for less than $75 a night in Rochester, depending obviously on date and availability. Quick look showed me an entire apartment in the Park Ave area for $87 per night that weekend.  The suburbs can get really cheap.

that's actually pretty good.  if the apartment on park ave is nice, it's a much better rate than a hotel.  there are a lot of good bars, restaurants, cafes, etc in that area as well.  once you're parked, you can walk around and find a lot to do.