How did you become a Bills fan?

JPL7

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

BIlls fans are born not made...

Many a fan had been delivered at Buffalo General... where the cries of infants and Bills fans are masked into 1 deafening sound

For crying out loud man,

did you just call us big babies...

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I doubt he’s that great. Good? Sure, probably....

Can we settle on really very good?

Good story BTW. I wish I lived closer. Only 35-45 miles from Buffalo but back in those days that was a major trip for my family. Finally started going to games in HS.

• Like (+1) 1

Outside of 4 years in the military...Cheektowaga.

I saw a night game at WM vs Philadelphia and the last game against the lions..people were taking anything that was and wasn't nailed down...tubs of mustard,ketchup,seats via a wrench...etc

I have so many memories...even when Chuck Forman got nailed in the face with a snowfall just after scoring a TD in the scoreboard end...And the guy that walked the FG net rope during a night game...or tried too.We beat Miami at home after 20 consecutive losses..I think Joe Cribbs had a key Td to the left side.

I could talk for hours..

First team I remember seeing play when I was young growing up in Providence. I’m 34 (not Super Bowls. Just random games I’d remember) and I just liked that it was different. Never wavered, went to school in Central NY, ton of new friends were up there  were Bills fans which only made it more fun. Currently on year 3 of Bills season tickets living in Pats country. 

What a world

I was born in Buffalo,  the same year the Bills were.

Have an autographed football from Daryle Lamonica somewhere in my dad’s attic.  When the Bills won their first AFL title in ‘64, Dad took me to a Bills victory celebration at the old Thruway Plaza - I nearly got crushed by the fans.  My brother and I had those Bills kids uniforms from JC Penny.  Most of the players made so little money playing football, they had other jobs in the offseason.

No matter where I’ve lived, I’ve never not been a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 2

The Buffalo Zoo made me a Bills fan.   I grew up west of Rochester and twice a year my family made the trek to the big city zoo in Buffalo.  Some of my earliest memories are of these trips.  When I was this young I wasn't interested in football though my dad watched the games on Sunday.  But when I started to get interested in pro football at about 8 years old it only made sense to root for my dad's Zoo team! 

Edited by CincyBillsFan

I was more or less born into it. I was born and grew up in Rochester and while my dad isn’t a big football fan, a couple of my uncles on my mom’s side have been season ticket holders since the 80’s. I was born in ‘88 and have no memory of the first two Super Bowls, but some of my earliest childhood memories are Super Bowl parties at my grandma’s house with all my aunts, uncles, and cousins rooting for the Bills against the Cowboys. I remember my mom made me a sweatshirt with the Bills logo in puffy paint and glitter glue for the Super Bowl party (she probably still has it in the attic somewhere), and being too young to understand the concept of a championship and thinking the Super Bowl was just what it was called when the Bills played the Cowboys. I don’t remember too much else, but it was enough to make me a fan for life. 

I'd like to say that I was born a Bills fan, but I'm older than the franchise. My Dad was an early season tickets holder, so I spent many childhood Sundays watching guys like Jack Kemp, Cookie Gilchrist, "Golden Wheels" Dubenion, Ron McDole, Pete Gogolak, Paul Maguire, Mike Stratton, Billy Shaw, OJ Simpson and Butch Byrd play. Great memories.

• Like (+1) 1