How did you become a Bills fan?

JPL7

I am sure many of you were born and bred into Bills fandom, but there is always more to the story than that. I would be interested in hearing how we all became Bills fanatics. I was born and raised in Ohio. The Bills were on local TV quite a bit in the late 80's in Columbus, so I became a Bills fan when I was about 5 just by seeing them all the time and loving Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. 30 years later, I am still a diehard. I have been to Buffalo numerous times over the years for games and travel to many Bills road games in the region. I love the city of Buffalo! 

Anyway, what is your story? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We used to sit around the bar on Sunday afternoons betting on the games. I lost a lot of money on the Bills in the 80’s, but man when the Bills hit the he 90’s, I made a killing.........until the Super-bowls and then I lost my shirt again.

Aye Carumba 

UK fan so had no emotional attachment to any team. When I started watching NFL 5 years  ago, a friends dad who has been watching NFL 30 years , suggested the bills. This is due to the hard working blue collar nature of buffalo in comparasion to my own town Burnley. 

Needless to say I’m now hooked and try my best to engross myself in everything Buffalo Bills where possible 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ukbuffalo said:

UK fan so had no emotional attachment to any team. When I started watching NFL 5 years  ago, a friends dad who has been watching NFL 30 years , suggested the bills. This is due to the hard working blue collar nature of buffalo in comparasion to my own town Burnley. 

Needless to say I’m now hooked and try my best to engross myself in everything Buffalo Bills where possible 

I don't watch much soccer. But when I do, it's arsenal.

:lol:

Left Buffalo in 1977 (only followed the Sabres then; it's all dad watched), started following the Bills after they beat Houston in the playoffs in 1988 (and lost to Cincy in the AFCCG) when I was in college, and moved back to Buffalo at the end of the 1989 season.  Went to my first Bills game in 1990 against the Jets (TD from Kelly to Mueller, last play of the game).

17 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Born and bred.  Thanks a lot, dad.

Same, my dad basically gave me no choice. I, in turn, am returning the favor to my kids. It builds character, or something like that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I started out as a Browns fan.  That was the team I could watch on the family's black and white TV.  Leroy Kelly was my favorite player.  Then the Bills drafted and signed OJ Simpson, and I was hooked

6 minutes ago, ukbuffalo said:

Just now, TigerJ said:

I started out as a Browns fan.  That was the team I could watch on the family's black and white TV.  Leroy Kelly was my favorite player.  Then the Bills drafted and signed OJ Simpson, and I was hooked

qhl3ssC.jpg