Mitch Morse sees similarities between Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen...

38 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Seems like you’ve been blinded by your eyes not working.

What have I said that wasn't accurate? We knew it going into the season and we saw it throughout.  Allen struggles with accuracy.  Read the rest of my original post and tell me where I've erred.

55 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You might be right about the blind part

John, I realize that you are the ultimate homer but jokes about being handicapped? You held on to EJ well after most everyone else abandoned him. That's only one example.  Go back and read my OP and tell me you disagree with the entirety of what I said.  You are focusing on one word and losing the message.

Edited by Cripple Creek

15 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

What have I said that wasn't accurate? We knew it going into the season and we saw it throughout.  Allen struggles with accuracy.  Read the rest of my original post and tell me where I've erred.

John, I realize that you are the ultimate homer but jokes about being handicapped? You held on to EJ well after most everyone else abandoned him. That's only one example.  Go back and read my OP and tell me you disagree with the entirety of what I said.  You are focusing on one word and losing the message.

There have been numerous posts and analyses on this board demonstrating the fallacy of this accuracy issue and how Allen was similar to other young QBs.  You choose to ignore them.  Why I have no idea.

Considering McDermott set him up to fail in year 1, I thought Allen played decent last year.  A rookie QB going into his first year with barely any first team reps during OTA, training camp, and preseason, and then getting thrown into a week 1 game that was already lost.  Having to go up against solid defenses in his first couple games, he did OK.   It'll be interesting to see what he does in his soph year with a full year under his belt an a full offseason where he's not being yanked around. 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

There have been numerous posts and analyses on this board demonstrating the fallacy of this accuracy issue and how Allen was similar to other young QBs.  You choose to ignore them.  Why I have no idea.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You might be right about the blind part

Numbers don’t lie fellas. It’s quite clear 48% accuracy won’t cut it in today’s NFL. 

59 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Numbers don’t lie fellas. It’s quite clear 48% accuracy won’t cut it in today’s NFL. 

The fallacy that completion percentage equals accuracy has been dealt with many times.  They are not the same.  Again why you choose to ignore that is a mystery. And where exactly do you get 48%?

Edited by oldmanfan

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

You said "could not hit the broad side of a barn"

When put our eyes on the film (Like you know what Cole Beasely did) you see games where he had players drop passes that hit them right in the hands.......had the most deep throws attempts in the league which are the lowest percentile completed.....

I mean...yeah it sure would help if Josh Allen threw screen passe which are much more high percentage.....to bad our OL could not block for a screen pass to save their lives last year.....maybe that changes with the new OL?

Lots of stuff to look at here besides the damn percentage....and I am willing to bet that goes up this year

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You said "could not hit the broad side of a barn"

When put our eyes on the film (Like you know what Cole Beasely did) you see games where he had players drop passes that hit them right in the hands.......had the most deep throws attempts in the league which are the lowest percentile completed.....

I mean...yeah it sure would help if Josh Allen threw screen passe which are much more high percentage.....to bad our OL could not block for a screen pass to save their lives last year.....maybe that changes with the new OL?

Lots of stuff to look at here besides the damn percentage....and I am willing to bet that goes up this year

There was another thread about Tom Graham and Mike Rodak where people chimed in and said “it’s ok to disagree but don’t attack others for having a different opinion”. Sounds like you are bordering on attack mode simply because the numbers speak for themselves. And Inshould add, 90% of the experts agree that a 47% completion rate is not gonna cut the cheese (so to speak). But I suppose you guys know more than Ted Bruschi, John Clayton and Howard Simon (who are all experts on this stuff)?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I read your original post.

It was terrible.

17 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

There was another thread about Tom Graham and Mike Rodak where people chimed in and said “it’s ok to disagree but don’t attack others for having a different opinion”. Sounds like you are bordering on attack mode simply because the numbers speak for themselves. And Inshould add, 90% of the experts agree that a 47% completion rate is not gonna cut the cheese (so to speak). But I suppose you guys know more than Ted Bruschi, John Clayton and Howard Simon (who are all experts on this stuff)?

Did you just say Ted Brushchi was an "expert" LOL

Not hear to attack anyone.....but I will call a spade a spade....that percentage is not indicative of Josh Allen's play and there are reasons why it is low.

15 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Occasionally hits the broad side of a barn. 

Hopefully the increased offensive weapons combined with some very hard work will help Allen improve.

I guess you didn't watch him play. Josh can be very accurate and often is. He has a few errant throws (as do ALL QB's), but the bulk of his "inaccuracy" issues are do to decision making. He decides to go for the harder, lower success rate throws quite often and scorns the checkdown. As he matures and listens to his coaches that should change.

They both have soft, warm hands.?

6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The fallacy that completion percentage equals accuracy has been dealt with many times.  They are not the same.  Again why you choose to ignore that is a mystery. And where exactly do you get 48%?

Its not like a QB won the MVP with a 59% completion rate and led his team to the SB.  Oh wait...

Edited by formerlyofCtown

"Numbers don't lie."

Hey, let's have a competition.  I'll throw twenty passes to NFL recievers.  Brady can throw those same twenty to one-year olds.  Bet my numbers will be better, and since numbers don't lie that will prove I'm a more accurate QB then Brady, right? ?