Mitch Morse sees similarities between Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen...

https://sports.yahoo.com/mitch-morse-sees-similarities-between-124825107.html

Didn't see this posted yet...Discuss:pirate:

Here's the article:

New Bills center Mitch Morse spent last year snapping for the league’s top-scoring offense, and an MVP quarterback.

Now, he’s moving to the team that ranked 30th in points scored, and a second-year guy from Wyoming.

Amazingly, he sees similarities between Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen.

“Pat’s mobility definitely helps,” Morse said, via Matt Parrino of NYUpstate.com. “Josh has got that same deal. That always helps an offensive lineman. Pat was such a professional but you definitely as a center and a quarterback need an open line of communication, and that starts with practicing on the field. Just getting repetitions and also being with each other in the meeting room and maybe a few extra meetings and such. Just to see [Mahomes] progress as a quarterback last year and the strides he made —  it was impressive.”

OK, so mobility is one thing they have in common, along with having two arms, two legs and a head. Also, neither of them have been in my kitchen. Beyond that, Morse may be the first person to draw the link between the two.

Mahomes threw five times more touchdowns than Allen last year (50-10), but having Morse snapping to him and anchoring a new-look line certainly creates the opportunity to narrow that gap.

“I’m looking forward to hopefully making that next step with Josh,” Morse said. “Each quarterback is different and I’m looking forward to understanding his intricacies. I’m just here to try to make him the best football player he can be. And hopefully he can help me out as well. . . .

“[He’s] I think a really good quarterback. I think Josh is a heck of an arm talent. I think he’s got such a bright [future] after seeing what he did in year one. I still have to learn and grow as a football player and I’m sure he’ll say the same thing about himself. I’m hoping we can do that together and hoping we can do it as an offense.”

And maybe one day, Allen and Mahomes will have a little more in common.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Laser rocket arm, runs like a leopard

Josh’s weapons might have been a little slower, less elusive and less sure-handed, but they were generally better behaved! 

Some blocking should help. I’m not 100% sold on Josh, but he sure deserves a fighting chance with a good line and some weapons. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Josh’s weapons might have been a little slower, less elusive and less sure-handed, but they were generally better behaved! 

Some blocking should help. I’m not 100% sold on Josh, but he sure deserves a fighting chance with a good line and some weapons. 

Im all in  on Josh,  he is a leader, fast learner, competitive and supreme athlete.  Happy Days are here again ...

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Im all in  on Josh,  he is a leader, fast learner, competitive and supreme athlete.  Happy Days are here again ...

Don’t get me wrong, I’m very high on him, but not with zero reservations. Same can be said of any 2nd year QB I think. I love him and hope it works out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I can see it. I hope Allen develops into something close to Mahomes; it’s impossible to know yet given their respective situations. But there definitely are surface-level similarities between the two. 

I don’t see Allen ever developing the unorthodox talents Mahomes seems to have, i.e. the dime passes from crazy arm angles, things like that. I think that comes from his baseball background that Allen just doesn’t have, and that’s OK. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I can see it. I hope Allen develops into something close to Mahomes; it’s impossible to know yet given their respective situations. But there definitely are surface-level similarities between the two. 

I don’t see Allen ever developing the unorthodox talents Mahomes seems to have, i.e. the dime passes from crazy arm angles, things like that. I think that comes from his baseball background that Allen just doesn’t have, and that’s OK. 

Josh Allen was a HS pitcher

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here it is... 

Thanks, Yolo. I’m gonna let this one ride a while as it’s a thread vs tweet snapshot.

Like every Bills fan, I’m excited to get Josh a great Center. But Mitch, if you’re this serious about working with Allen, gitcherazz on a plane! He’s working out with our receivers right now!

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks, Yolo. I’m gonna let this one ride a while as it’s a thread vs tweet snapshot.

Like every Bills fan, I’m excited to get Josh a great Center. But Mitch, if you’re this serious about working with Allen, gitcherazz on a plane! He’s working out with our receivers right now!

I’m not saying this thread shouldn’t be here by any means, just wanted to share the PFT article (which i thought was terrible)

• Like (+1) 1

Obviously his comments will open the door to plenty of snark because Allen hasn't come close to whiffing what Mahomes has done in the air.

With that said, the potential to be an overall special QB is there for Allen, now he just needs to realize it.

20 minutes ago, Magox said:

Obviously his comments will open the door to plenty of snark because Allen hasn't come close to whiffing what Mahomes has done in the air.

With that said, the potential to be an overall special QB is there for Allen, now he just needs to realize it.

Actually the snark makes no sense if you read what he said and are objectively looking at the two QBs. There are similarities between the two, huge arm and mobility, which is what Morse actually said and he’s right. Anyone with an agenda can lay on snark pretending he meant something he didn’t say, which would be comparing production. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

I get the impression that NFL players tend to work in the same way we do, as regards forming initial opinions. They read much of the same garbage etc. Funny how you didn't hear much about Allen being no good, from the guys who had actually played against him last season.

Once they see the tape, or look at it properly, because the Bills might be in their future, either as a destination or opponent, I'm fairly certain we've not had too much in the way of negatives.

There will inevitably be comparisons between Mahomes and Allen, for no other reason than the Bills passing on Mahomes, to take Allen the following year (not the literal scenario, just how things worked out), yet there are others, especially in respect of arm strength, and mobility.

Currently, Mahomes is way ahead of the curve, but has an extra season in the NFL to account for that (and a terrific mentor originally in Alex Smith). Hopefully, Allens second year in the NFL, will pan out similarly to Mahomes. ;)

• Like (+1) 1