Woodstock 50 at WGI RIP

9 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

WETM-TVVerified account @WETM18News 6m6 minutes ago

WOODSTOCK 50 UPDATE: Producer Michael Lang has contacted Oneida County about staging the music festival at Vernon Downs. He is also considering sites in Syracuse and Oswego.

Should I change the title again LOL

I'd hold off on changing the title for now.

As for Syracuse, the only place I can think of (since I live here) that has the necessary amount of parking and infrastructure already in place to handle a crowd of 100,000 plus support staff would be the State Fairgrounds. The issue there is the State Fair itself starts on August 21st. I don't think there would be enough time to tear down and clean up the Woodstock mess before The Fair starts. They generally spend all of August prepping for it before it opens. 

6 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I'd hold off on changing the title for now.

As for Syracuse, the only place I can think of (since I live here) that has the necessary amount of parking and infrastructure already in place to handle a crowd of 100,000 plus support staff would be the State Fairgrounds. The issue there is the State Fair itself starts on August 21st. I don't think there would be enough time to tear down and clean up the Woodstock mess before The Fair starts. They generally spend all of August prepping for it before it opens. 

Amazing to think this is even still going on.  The organizer is nuts if he thinks he can get all the permits, event organized  and tickets sold . I bet most of the acts have moved on.

WGI down here had all the camping parking etc. They start planing for NASCAR after the last one ends

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Town of Vernon (near between Utica and Syracuse) denies WGI a permit to hold the concert at Vernon Downs. 

https://www.localsyr.com/news/local-news/town-of-vernon-denies-woodstock-50-promoters-permit-for-music-fest-at-vernon-downs/

Are you sure u got that write? WGI has nothing to do with it now.

59 minutes ago, T&C said:

Just put a fork in this thing already. We can visit the original site if we want and play the soundtrack in our vehicle.

I wonder if I can find the cow pasture (about 4 miles from venue) where I parked my Corvair in deep cow mud for 4 days.

I don't have my '64 Corvair any more, though.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

I wonder if I can find the cow pasture (about 4 miles from venue) where I parked my Corvair in deep cow mud for 4 days.

Use your phone options and stick a pin. 

4 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

I had a '61 Monza 900.  Bought it in 1992 for $1200.  To this day, it's the only car I've ever loved.  I was too young at the time to appreciate it.