Lost Gold of WW2 Starts Tonight

Watched the show last night.  It was all kind of predictable in its execution and you know damned good and well they will not find treasure, but it is still interesting.

Knocking around former IJA haunts in the Philippines is cool; I hope they do find the entrance to get into the mountain.  If they get inside, they'll find some cool stuff I would think in terms of everyday items the IJA would have used.

I guess it depends on if the locals have known how to get in there for the last 75 years or not.  The show makes it out that no one has known how to get inside, so we'll see.

21 hours ago, mead107 said:

The best part is when they find hundreds of meadcoins. 

Did they have pictures of Hitler on them?

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Watched the show last night.  It was all kind of predictable in its execution and you know damned good and well they will not find treasure, but it is still interesting.

Knocking around former IJA haunts in the Philippines is cool; I hope they do find the entrance to get into the mountain.  If they get inside, they'll find some cool stuff I would think in terms of everyday items the IJA would have used.

I guess it depends on if the locals have known how to get in there for the last 75 years or not.  The show makes it out that no one has known how to get inside, so we'll see.

Have not been there in 45 years but I understand that the neighborhood has changed, now overrun with extremists, and maybe not a good place to be knocking around?

i love how they get all dramatic about the broken bottle of possible cyanide at the bottom of the pit.  Then they all agree to proceed with caution...and then they whip out the excavator.  because you know, those things are so gentile :rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

i love how they get all dramatic about the broken bottle of possible cyanide at the bottom of the pit.  Then they all agree to proceed with caution...and then they whip out the excavator.  because you know, those things are so gentile :rolleyes:

LoL... Thanks for the spoiler.

Don't know what the hell I am going to do now!

?

I was hoping they were going to show the Hanging of General Yamashita. I found the trial on YouTube but no hanging but they did have other hangings of Japanese war criminals on there. And some incrediblely gruesome executions in the dark ages. Man people were sick back then, who even thinks of killing people that way, very disturbing.

11 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I was hoping they were going to show the Hanging of General Yamashita. I found the trial on YouTube but no hanging but they did have other hangings of Japanese war criminals on there. And some incrediblely gruesome executions in the dark ages. Man people were sick back then, who even thinks of killing people that way, very disturbing.

You seem incredibly soft....for a barbarian.

:lol: