RIP Bernie Torme

Bernie Torme, former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist, dead at 66

Bernie Torme, a member of Deep Purple and a hard-rocking musician, died "peacefully" on Sunday 

“Bernie Tormé passed away peacefully on the 17th March 2019, one day short of his 67th birthday

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

average life expectancy for GE retirees is 70.  

Hope i I hit the high end to keep it 70 or more

Many factory workers pass after they retire. I think a lot of it is ,is most dont have any idea of what they are going to do when they retire and so just sit around and get even more unhealthy.

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Many factory workers pass after they retire. I think a lot of it is ,is most dont have any idea of what they are going to do when they retire and so just sit around and get even more unhealthy.

most accounting partners insist on coming in at least once a week, in a suit, because they can't think off anything else to do

a prior firm shipped off the saddest of the old goats to an office in the suburbs, they would all get lost getting back to their desk from the copy room

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

most accounting partners insist on coming in at least once a week, in a suit, because they can't think off anything else to do

a prior firm shipped off the saddest of the old goats to an office in the suburbs, they would all get lost getting back to their desk from the copy room

Yep we had/ have a few guys in their 80s still working. Dont want to retire because they dont want to die. One did and died 7 wks later.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yep we had/ have a few guys in their 80s still working. Dont want to retire because they dont want to die. One did and died 7 wks later.

Of the 120 of so audit partners I've known, only one got out with $$$ and family and health (physical and mental) intact

I'm a techie and never for a second have envied the lifestyle of a partner.

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 2

Of the 120 of so I've known, only one got out with $$$ and family and health (physical and mental) intact

I'm a techie and never for a second have envied the lifestyle of a partner.

i will always do some kind of strength training , even if its just bodyweight training, which is good for most people anyway.

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i will always do some kind of strength training , even if its just bodyweight training, which is good for most people anyway.

i think it helps, don't overdo it

i'm just getting out of a cast from an ankle fracture and high sprain, when I can walk down a staircase with no pain it will be a victory.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

LOL i always over do it. Still benching 450 at 47.

well done!

i went through the quasi-humilation of varsity hoops sharing the weight room with the football team in University....  we didn't get the injuries they did though... cripes i still have nightmares of the damage i saw....

Just now, row_33 said:

well done!

i went through the quasi-humilation of varsity hoops sharing the weight room with the football team in University....  we didn't get the injuries they did though... cripes i still have nightmares of the damage i saw....

yeah , i spent years killing myself but now am much smarter about it.

i lift once a week with exercises done once every for weeks with bodyweight work after the weights. My schedule looks like this.

Wk1 Squats n Abs

Wk2 Bench n Arms

Wk3 Deadlift n Abs

Wk4 Shoulders n Back.

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

yeah , i spent years killing myself but now am much smarter about it.

i lift once a week with exercises done once every for weeks with bodyweight work after the weights. My schedule looks like this.

Wk1 Squats n Abs

Wk2 Bench n Arms

Wk3 Deadlift n Abs

Wk4 Shoulders n Back.

i gave up on pushing myself after I stopped competitive hoops, i had enough of that, without some idiot carrying a clipboard and screaming at me i can't even bother

i gave up on pushing myself after I stopped competitive hoops, i had enough of that, without some idiot carrying a clipboard and screaming at me i can't even bother

i train alone in my basement. Weightlifting has always been my first love going all the way back when i was 5 watching Vasily Alekseyev lifting 500 pounds and Body Builders on TV. Its in my blood cant quit.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i train alone in my basement. Weightlifting has always been my first love going all the way back when i was 5 watching Vasily Alekseyev lifting 500 pounds and Body Builders on TV. Its in my blood cant quit.

maybe you could join a gym and embrace the camaraderie of other lifters  :D