430 million dollar man

• Mike Trout, the best player in baseball, looks like he's never leaving the Los Angeles Angels after all. Mike Trout and the Angels are "finalizing" a 12-year, $430 million contract that breaks all kinds of records, according to ESPN's Jeff Passan

The contract is the largest in professional sports history, surpassing boxer Canelo Alvarez's $365 million deal, and it means Trout will not test free agency after the 2020 season. Trout also takes the record for largest MLB contract away from Bryce Harper less than three weeks after he signed a 13-year, $330 million deal with the Phillies. After landing with his new team, Harper was public in his recruitment of Trout, a southern New Jersey native and die-hard Eagles fan

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mike-trout-finalizing-12-year-430-million-extension-with-angels-report-says/

How can baseball afford these contracts, do people still watch baseball.

11 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Feds and Cali gonna take away right around 50% of that.  Brutal.

Every city they play in takes their share of taxes.  

Sports players Tax accountants need to be very efficient.  

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

??

the Shout Box 

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/chatbox/

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Cant tell ya the lat time i watched baseball, i think it was when i accidentally caught the last couple of innings of the Sox winning the world series.

White Sox?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Thats still around? Haven't seen that since we went to the new site.

its kind of hidden 

SDS tried to make it easier to find ...

On a PC its on the Banner ShoutBox

On a Mobile its in a drop menu 

5 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Yeah, but just the fed alone is taking 37% on every dollar over 500k per year.

the Fed alone is a lot

and taxes for every state he plays in  FLA and such with no state taxes are beneficial 

• Like (+1) 1

This is the main reason I no longer watch sports.  ***** them.  I remember years ago I was lamenting to my barber about how much money these guys make. And he said until he can get 70,000 people live and millions more on TV watch him cut hair they will always make more than him/us.  Sure but nearly half a billion to play a game?  Eff that.  

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

This is the main reason I no longer watch sports.  ***** them.  I remember years ago I was lamenting to my barber about how much money these guys make. And he said until he can get 70,000 people live and millions more on TV watch him cut hair they will always make more than him/us.  Sure but nearly half a billion to play a game?  Eff that.  

If they are willing to pay it , better take it.

i dont fault anyone for making as much as they can but i dont like it when one player hogs all the money with a salary cap as it makes it difficult to field a competitive team.

42 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

They went 80-82 with him on the team last year.  Doesn’t even make sense for him to get compensation near that 

Maybes hes that good and his teammates are bums. Maybe they think other players will want to go there if they are shelling out that kind of cash.

54 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

baseball and basketball players make too damn much money   and the "fans" pay for these salaries by showing up for games  hoping they guy they want to see actually plays 

i dont watch those sports so doesn't matter to me.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i dont fault anyone for making as much as they can but i dont like it when one player hogs all the money with a salary cap as it makes it difficult to field a competitive team.

Baseball doesn't have a salary cap, they just have a luxury tax above a certain payroll.  Owners can spend however much they want.