What do we do in the first round? (Options in Poll)

What do we do in the first round?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. There are many first round options. Take an educated guess and please choose

• Take best available pass rusher at #9; front 7 (DE/DT/OLB)
    • Take best available offensive skill position at #9 (WR/TE/RB)
    • Take best available offensive O-Lineman at #9 (OT/OG)
    • Trade down to get another 1st next year like 2017 draft and spin the luck wheel
    • Trade down to get a 2nd or 3rd this year and stay in top 15
    • Trade down to get another 1st this year (e.g. Oakland picks 24 and 27)
    • Trade up for a beast in the top 6 if someone falls
    • Trade #9 for Julio Jones and Atlanta's Round 2, No. 45 overall (ends career as a Bill)
    • Other: comments in thread
    • These options suck!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/21/2019 at 07:00 PM

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

And that would be fine by me. So long as they can grab Simmons or Tillery in the 2nd. We actually NEED a penetrating 3tech to maximize McD's defense. And I don't see that on our roster at the moment. There is a bigger gap between Oliver/Wilkins and our roster than say DK/TJ on our roster. Not that both those guys are not quite a bit better than what we now have, I just see the bigger gap between the DL

This is actually what I am hoping for.  My main desire right now is to trade down and pick up an extra 2nd...take either a WR like DK or Harry, or take a TE like TJ or Fant (depending whose on the board still based on how far we trade down).  Then with either use our pick at 40 to draft Simmons, or make a trade up to make sure we get him late first or early 2nd if need be.  

Then with our other 2nd grab the other spot we didnt take in the first (WR or TE). 

• Like (+1) 1

I think we stay at #9 and one of the top pass rushers will be available. I hope in this order:

1st Round

1. Ed Oliver

2. Rashan Gary

3. Montez Sweat

2nd Round

DT, Jeffrey Simmons - Miss St.

3rd Round

CB, Rock Ya-Sin - Temple

10 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Take best Available DL at #9 then trade up to bottom of round one or top of round two for Dalton Risner. 

If we can keep #9 and select a DL , take Risner in round 2 then a WR, TE or RB in round 3 that would be pretty much perfect.  ?

9 minutes ago, Trust The Process said:

I'll be happy if we draft any one of these 3 players with our 9th overall pick

1. TJ Hockenson

2. Ed Oliver

3. Christian Wilkins

Agreed, although I'd add Jawaan Taylor and Brian Burns to this list.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont get why people keep saying this.  Why is a guy worth of being picked say 11th or 12th but not at 9.  I mean that makes no sense.  Nobody has a crystal ball, nobody knows what these future prospects will do.  If a guy is close grouped within a few picks, then he is worthy of being drafted there period.  It all comes down to how the real scouts with each team and the GM project these guys.  

Internet polls, media mocks, media rankings, etc are all meaningless.  Last year I heard over and over how much better Rosen was than Allen as a prospect every time I said Rosen was the 5th QB on my board.  Then it turns out all the NFL teams who needed a QB felt the same, including now the team who drafted him, based on their internal scouting.  He was never in contention for the Browns despite so many saying he was the best QB in the draft, Giants passed, Jets passed, Denver passed, Bills passed (and reportedly didnt even have him on their board) and the Cardinals took him because they had to as all reports were that they coveted Allen not Rosen. 

But again, leading up to the draft so many kept saying Allen was worthy of being drafted that high nor over Rosen.  Why?  Because everyone read mock drafts and media analysis from people who don't know how to project players nor how to really project players in a speficic teams system.

So, this isnt really directed at you...I have heard just about every poster say this and so just addressing this farse that keeps getting repeated around here.  There is no truth to the statement that "no offensive player is worthy of the #9 pick".  Funny thing too is that a lot of people saying that around here have also said they think both DK and TJ have a chance to go before we pick lol.  

You got it man, its never just BPA. Not only does the war room see more of these guys than we ever will, they know what they want and how it most benefits our team. Thats why theres always random picks 15 spots early like Bruce Irvin back in 2012.    Its always a balance of BPA weighted against need.  Lets just hope they get the highest impact player

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark92 said:

They can do whatever they want with the pick and I am going to be happy.  They litterly can't go wrong unless they reach for someone that should have been a mid too low first rounder at 9.  Which they will not do.  Beane is going to nail this draft.  

The last time this was the case, right before the Bills pick I turned to my friend, AKC, and said, "You know what is great about this draft, no matter who they choose, I am going to be happy." There were ten guys available at that spot all of which would have been solid choices. And the next thing I heard was, "With the eighth pick in the 2006 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select, Donte Whitner, safety, Ohio State."

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Taylor-T Florida Gators

This guy.  Hopefully we do not pick in the top 10 again for a long time.  We won’t get another shot at a guy like this.  Keeping Josh healthy is the name of the game.  Bills can never have too many quality o lineman.  It is guaranteed 1 or 2 will get hurt in 2019. 

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

I went with trade with Oakland.  Of course the caveat would be that no top 5 player slipped to 9.

I do not believe Oakland would do this - they need volumes of players.

There needs to be a BPA overall option in the poll.

..agree...Chuckie is Chuckie but no way he agrees to a "two fer"......still betting McBeane looks to trade into the mid/late teens for an extra 2nd......Julio?......why would Falcons pull THAT trigger?......

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Most the options are well stated...

However, I dont get why you think that Atlanta would trade both Julio Jones and their 2nd round pick for our first.  That seems like a bit of a stretch to me.  I think the more plausible trade there would be one of the following:

• Swapping firsts
  • Sending our 2nd
  • Combo of a 3rd and another pick like a 4th or 5th

More importantly, there is no evidence that Julio is actually available via trade or that Atlanta would be open to it, at least not yet.  

I agree, I do not think he is available unless we truly wanted him. It would take a high pick. He is the cleanest WR in the league that is still great. Atlanta could use the cap and Julio wants a new contract. Imagine 5 WR and teams would double Julio or try to spy Allen. JJ is the only player in the league that could put us in the playoffs.