Trent Murphy probably not going anywhere

Doc

As of yesterday, $2.5M of Murphy's $5.8M 2019 salary was guaranteed, along with a $500K roster bonus.  I think it's safe to say he's probably not getting cut and that he's 100% healthy.  Let's hope.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was happy we got him.  He flashed a little last year but wasn't himself.  Hopefully he returns to the form he showed previously since we have a year, now 2 invested in him.

Edited by The Tomcat

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still say he won't be on the opening day 53. I don't expect him to get out of camp. I think they should have cut him, he won't stay healthy. 

Just get him some better, undetectable PED’s and he will be fine 

• Haha (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still say he won't be on the opening day 53. I don't expect him to get out of camp. I think they should have cut him, he won't stay healthy. 

It's only like a 2 mil cap savings and 6+ of dead cap to cut him now.

If they were going to cut him they probably would have already.

• Like (+1) 2

Murphy looks just mediocre and is obviously rarely 100% healthy.  Not really a dominant pass rusher and a liability in defending the run.  Hope he's just depth for the short term.

I feel like a full season in the new training facility is going to make a world of difference for A LOT of players, especially Murphy. 

Liked what i saw from him last year. The whole line seemed to play faster and with intensity when he was on the field. Not sure how to quantify that with stats, but it was definitely something i saw consistently. 

• Like (+1) 3