Are you embarrassed to wear Bills gear?

This topic should be locked as it ppears to haven been made without thought. If you’re a Bills fan, why are you afraid of saying, “I’m a Bills fan!”?

If you are afraid to wear Bills gear, you are, by definition, NOT a Bills fan (in my humble opinion).  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

This topic should be locked as it ppears to haven been made without thought. If you’re a Bills fan, why are you afraid of saying, “I’m a Bills fan!”?

If you are afraid to wear Bills gear, you are, by definition, NOT a Bills fan (in my humble opinion).  

I think it's a question more geared towards people that are not local. 

If you travel outside of Pittsford, I can assure you there are times when a timid person would have second thoughts about the potential ridicule Bills merch can elicit.

It's the offseason. What do you expect?

9 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think it's a question more geared towards people that are not local. 

If you travel outside of Pittsford, I can assure you there are times when a timid person would have second thoughts about the potential ridicule Bills merch can elicit.

It's the offseason. What do you expect?

I travel all over and always have Bills gear. 

Again, regardless of where you travel, if you’re not comfortable wearing Bills gear then how are you a fan? 

I don’t get it. 

9 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

No.  Nobody should be embarrassed to wear their favorite team's gear.

Funny story.  Several years ago I had a Bills hoodie on and had a Pittsburgh guy call me a "bandwagon fan" after Buffalo got off to a 5-2 start. ?

This isn't the 90s, there's no such thing as a bandwagon Bills fan.

Remember in the 90's people would wear Tampa Bay stuff, usually because the colors were considered cool even if the team was the league doormat.....

If I don’t own enough already, you have motivated me to buy some more swag.  Was this a KP  marketing ploy?

Not living in WNY it’s always nice meeting someone new rocking the Bills gear.

Absolutely not.

I’m proud to be a Bills fan.   Being a Pats fan is the easiest thing in the world.  They have fans on their bandwagon who start to cry when they have a slow start to the season.  What’s to be proud of there?

We’re tougher. We’re better.  We’re awesome.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BattlinBill said:

I live on the west coast in Florida and it seems every time I wear any of my Bill's stuff out there is always someone shouting "Go Bills" or offering a high five. I get more comments here than when i lived up in New York, definitely a big following in this area.

Several months after we moved to Sarasota my parents came to visit. Everywhere we went they ran into someone they used to work with in WNY, go to school with or live near. Go to church, see old friends. Go to lunch, see some more. Go to the Bills game....and my dad bumped into (literally) a guy he went to high school with and hadn’t seen in 50 years! I have no idea how they even recognized each other! After 3 days they knew more people there than I did after 3 months! 

I live in Quebec so very few Bills fans and still have a Bills winter coat. I'm never "ashamed", nope, but it being a WINTER coat, I often wore it as the Bills are eliminated so not the best proposition...

Edit: it's more the stigma with wearing sports gear in normal life - as opposed to at sporting events - that makes me reconsider wearing it so often. Not it being Bills gear, especially as these are exciting times!

Edited by Jerome007

6 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

I associate wearing team jerseys or t-shirts with something children would do.  Game days is the exception, but just barely. 

Generally, I agree with you. However, the recent development of Josh Allen got me so excited that I occasionally wear this "stealth" Bills sweatshirt.

allen-logo-pc54ls.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I've always had Bills gear going back to the 90s. When they beat Miami and Cincy helped us into the playoffs in 2017 I was in Florida. I had left my ratty sunbaked Bills hat behind at home but when they won I was so elated I told my wife (who rolled her eyes), We must go to the nearest mall so I can buy and proudly show off my Bills fandom. When I got to the lids store in Orlando and asked for a Bills hat out of the 1000s they had, the guy looked at me like I was from outer space and said, we don't got none of those..:(

9 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

I associate wearing team jerseys or t-shirts with something children would do.  Game days is the exception, but just barely. 

I’ve got a nice warm zip up fall/spring warmup, and I’ll wear that when weather appropriate. I don’t do hats much outside of tennis. I’m not ashamed of my Bills gear, or challenged in ANY way.....but I have other clothes. I have a closet full of stuff, and I still wear the same 5-10% of stuff 99% of the time. Bills gear comes on game days other than my warmup. 

Have a couple jerseys I just ended up with, but never wear them.