Are you embarrassed to wear Bills gear?

1 hour ago, Mike Bison said:

Between this thread and the various versions of ? " why won't anyone come to Buffalo " threads/pages..

You all sound like a bunch of whiney forever alon-ers. Do you cuckhold's make your gimps wear Bills gear?

i'm confused as to what direction to take this.

My Bills hat got a little embarrassing once I wore it enough that it flopped around loose on my head like a kid wearing a size too big. So that one is now retired to a closet and I have a new one. But no, it's never embarrassing to rock Bills gear. I live in NYC so I interact with fans from a lot of different teams and I've gotten some flak for the Bills, but it's easy to ignore or give some ribbing right back to them.

I'm thinking the guy that OP talked to meant that the team has been embarrassing for most of the last two decades. If he were actually embarrassed to wear Bills gear, then he wouldn't have worn it to begin with.

No.  Nobody should be embarrassed to wear their favorite team's gear.

Funny story.  Several years ago I had a Bills hoodie on and had a Pittsburgh guy call me a "bandwagon fan" after Buffalo got off to a 5-2 start. ?

This isn't the 90s, there's no such thing as a bandwagon Bills fan.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mike Bison said:

Between this thread and the various versions of ? " why won't anyone come to Buffalo " threads/pages..

You all sound like a bunch of whiney forever alon-ers. Do you cuckhold's (sic) make your gimps wear Bills gear?

?

Oh! NICE start! You’ll go far here! after a suspension.. 

Welcome aboard!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 3/19/2019 at 9:24 AM, Another Fan said:

So here's where I'm going with that question.  I don't live in Buffalo/WNY so it's not all that common to find Bills fans/supporters by me.  Every few months I might catch someone with the Bills decal on their car or someone wearing a shirt.  

At work last week I noticed someone wearing a Bills cap last week so I immediately went out of my way to ask if he was a fan.  His first response was, "I know they are a bad team and it's embarrassing but yes".  I went on to try to explain to him I was a fan myself to which he apologized.  Had to go to a meeting so I couldn't shoot the breeze with him too long but just finished saying hopefully Josh puts the pieces together this year.

I guess I could understand the sentiments to some extent.  Being a Bills fan certainly hasn't exactly been easy 

Wear the colors proudly.

As a matter of fact - the family just spent a week at Disney World (my daughter got to perform during spring break) - between my wife and I - we wore Bills gear every day of the trip and I have to says - Bills fans are awesome.  

Everywhere we we went we saw others proudly wearing Bills and Sabre’s gear and I can not count the number times of Go Bills, Buffalo Rocks, and Other phrases were yelled all over.  It was great - plus you immediately had an in with others talking about Free Agency and the draft and Josh Allen - you would of thought all of Western NY was there.

Buffalo fans are the best!  Great people and a great community.

• Like (+1) 1

I live on the west coast in Florida and it seems every time I wear any of my Bill's stuff out there is always someone shouting "Go Bills" or offering a high five. I get more comments here than when i lived up in New York, definitely a big following in this area.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/19/2019 at 8:41 AM, eball said:

If anyone answers "yes" to this question I move to have their TSW posting privileges immediately revoked.

What if the only bit of Bills gear someone had was a Maybin jersey that was given to them by a now-deceased loved one and because of the circumstances they felt compelled to wear it?

Not at all embarrassed.  I typically wear my hat and jerseys during the season.  I have a Bills driver head cover and golf towel which I always use; no one else has given me grief over it, and have had some good conversations with fans of other teams.  I've actually met a few other Bills fans on the course and driving range due to my Bills golf swag.  No such thing as a bandwagon Bills fan right now.

I wear Bills and Sabres shirts a lot. Almost every time I’m lit in public I get some kind of comment from another fan. I live in an area where there are a lot of transplants. It’s always nice to be greeted by another fan and has led to some nice conversations. 

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:24 AM, Another Fan said:

So here's where I'm going with that question.  I don't live in Buffalo/WNY so it's not all that common to find Bills fans/supporters by me.  Every few months I might catch someone with the Bills decal on their car or someone wearing a shirt.  

At work last week I noticed someone wearing a Bills cap last week so I immediately went out of my way to ask if he was a fan.  His first response was, "I know they are a bad team and it's embarrassing but yes".  I went on to try to explain to him I was a fan myself to which he apologized.  Had to go to a meeting so I couldn't shoot the breeze with him too long but just finished saying hopefully Josh puts the pieces together this year.

I guess I could understand the sentiments to some extent.  Being a Bills fan certainly hasn't exactly been easy 

Troll job of the year