Are you embarrassed to wear Bills gear?

4 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

You gotta start with the trenches.

Is this a discussion about what to do with our first round pick? Yeah, didn’t think so..... 

Relax, it’s not personal. It’s all about context. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

The tide is about to turn Bills brother!  New England is enjoying their run now- Brady will be 42 opening day-their days at the top are numbered.  I love what Beane and company are doing now!  The next 20 years are ours.  He who laughs last laughs hardest.  I went to school in NH, spent a lot of time in Boston, I have many friends from that area that have busted my balls since the 90's about the Bills/Pats.  Our day is coming.  I think you hear us knocking New England.  We are going to bust the door down!  And I will laugh hardest.  Go Bills!

and wearing Bills gear, it's great to meet fellow Bills fans in enemy territory!  

The late 80s was a glorious time to be in NE with the Sox and Pats* sitting at zero titles. 

I wear all of my stuff all the time in Tennessee. Would never think twice. If someone ever wants to give me grief, I just say yup, nod my head and move on. Anyone who has ever tried to give me grief (very rarely, sometimes someone I know) just stops after I do that.

24 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Wear it with pride in southwestern Connecticut. No one really talks crap. Rarely do I find a fellow fan. Go Bills! 

SW CT (really all of CT) has been overrun with bandwagon Pats fans over the last 20 years.  Kind of a shame.  And people don’t tend to talk to strangers as much as in other places.

I'm in a area heavily dominated by cowboy fans... I wear Bills gear often...  My wife's side of the family has just come to accept it.  Every great once and a while I will cross paths with another fan and it's like an instant friendship.

I will say, I do catch more ***** after the Beasley signing... It's great

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Is this a discussion about what to do with our first round pick? Yeah, didn’t think so..... 

Relax, it’s not personal. It’s all about context. 

It's okay, man. I'm just messing around. But it would be like me ignoring the question, popping into this thread and just dismissing any discussion with "They need to change the logo". Yeah, it's related, but not really the topic the OP started the thread to discuss. Like you said, "context".

Edited by OJ Tom

As @Cripple Creek is fond of saying, I never miss an opportunity to show my age as it relates to the Bills.

I’m So Old; my 1st 7 games attended, EVERY man wore a white shirt, suit coat, tie & full brimmed hat. Only.

I’m So Old; nobody had a Bills jersey -except Me! My Grandmother sewed #15 on a dark blue sweatshirt and added decorative white & red tape to make a Kemp jersey for me. I was the envy of the neighborhood.

I’m So Old; I was in my seat for the kickoff vs Washington in brand spankin’ new Rich Stadium (‘Skins returned for a TD..) Only a couple jerseys were seen in the crowd -probably prizes.

Since those daze of yore, I’ve had far too many to count Bills gear. Today, the family & I wear our jerseys on Game Day -a plethora of HOFers & Chandler#81, but rarely -if ever- in public other than Game day. Loses the impact seeing them on white haired guys and restaurants won’t offer me the Senior Citizens discount..

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

As @Cripple Creek is fond of saying, I never miss an opportunity to show my age as it relates to the Bills.

I’m So Old; my 1st 7 games attended, EVERY man wore a white shirt, suit coat, tie & full brimmed hat. Only.

I’m So Old; nobody had a Bills jersey -except Me! My Grandmother sewed #15 on a dark blue sweatshirt and added decorative white & red tape to make a Kemp jersey for me. I was the envy of the neighborhood.

I’m So Old; I was in my seat for the kickoff vs Washington in brand spankin’ new Rich Stadium (‘Skins returned for a TD..) Only a couple jerseys were seen in the crowd -probably prizes.

Since those daze of yore, I’ve had far too many to count Bills gear. Today, the family & I wear our jerseys on Game Day -a plethora of HOFers & Chandler#81, but rarely -if ever- in public other than Game day. Loses the impact seeing them on white haired guys and restaurants won’t offer me the Senior Citizens discount..

I'm so old I saw Ed Rutkoswki and Marlin Briscoe play QB at the Rockpile;

I'm so old, I remember the live dance band they had in the dug out at the Rockpile.

I'm so old I saw OJ's first game as a rookie.

And I am never embarassed to where Bills gear, but it may just be I'm so old my brain doesn't know any better any more. ?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

I'm so old I saw Ed Rutkoswki and Marlin Briscoe play QB at the Rockpile;

I'm so old, I remember the live dance band they had in the dug out at the Rockpile.

I'm so old I saw OJ's first game as a rookie.

And I am never embarassed to where Bills gear, but it may just be I'm so old my brain doesn't know any better any more. ?

33-19 vs the Champion New York Jets. OJ scored up the middle from 5 yards out and had a 47 yard catch & run. Great times!

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Another Fan said:

His first response was, "I know they are a bad team and it's embarrassing but yes".

Never apologize for being a Bills Fan ... that's ridiculous .... yes that last two decades (aka the Patriots reign) has not gone as many here wanted ... but at the end of the day .. .name another team that went to the Super Bowl 4 straight years ... when we win the Super Bowl it will be much sweeter because of the support (see Chicago Cubs in baseball) .. but hopefully not 100 years.

At the start of every season .. we are tied for first place in the conference .. your work mate thinks we're tied for last.  Glass half full / glass half empty .. you decide.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Wow, you’re SO old.

• Haha (+1) 1

Between this thread and the various versions of ? " why won't anyone come to Buffalo " threads/pages..

You all sound like a bunch of whiney forever alon-ers. Do you cuckhold's (sic) make your gimps wear Bills gear?

?

Edited by Mike Bison