Are you embarrassed to wear Bills gear?

I have been in Florida the last 3 months and proudly wear my bills hats, shirts, shorts and socks. In fact, I have been stopped on the beach once or twice a week by other bills fans. Since the recent free agent signings, everyone I have run into is super psyched for the coming season and love Josh Allen, including the Canadians.

PS Robert Kraft drove himself to the sex shop in 2 different rolls royces per the Miami paper. Praise the Lord trump didn't buy the Bills

Glad to read all these responses.

It did bother me more than I realized the one fellows initial reaction to me asking if he was a Bills fan or not.  Hence going here, starting this thread and asking what seems like a silly question.  Go Bills!  

• Like (+1) 1

Nope. Rock it all the time. In Texas it garners respect from people that can appreciate good fans in an alien fanbase.

And the ones that throw cheap shots are sad sacks.

I am embarrassed to beg the bartender to put on the Bills game and otherwise force patrons to watch crap football. I spend more money bribing the bartender to keep the Bills on than anything else on a Sunday

• Haha (+1) 1

I wear my Bills gear everywhere across West Michigan.  Of course, people in Michigan only care about college football, so I don't ever get any flack.  Now if I were to wear Buckeye gear...

Separately, I wore Bills gear on a trip to Boston a couple of summers ago.  I had 12 separate people give me a "Go Bills" walking around the streets of Boston.  It was pretty cool.  

Never.  I bring some Bills gear whenever I travel and someone will usually comment on it.  And if I notice someone with some Bills gear (or Sabres) on outside of WNY, I have to give them a "Go Bills" or "Lets go Buff-A-Lo!!"

3 hours ago, Albwan said:

I kind of stopped after a funny incident I had about 20 years ago.

Went to get a haircut with my Flutie jersey and the idiot who

cut my hair asked why I was wearing the jersey, did I play

the flute. He was a Giant fan so I knew he was either making 

a gay joke at my expense or, as usual taking a shot at the bills.

Just want to add I'm not from NY, the bills bashing is pretty bad

the  farther away you go from NY. Still a butt of the joke to some old 

timers. I rarely if ever tell anyone I'm a Bills fan. I don't want the

sympathy or the nut busting. 

Your story started out promisingly enough, but I was disappointed when I got to the end & found that the barber/stylist hadn't trimmed your mop into a Flutie-style mullet.  

Please - I travel constantly and was upset at myself because I *didn't* have a Bills logo on my backpack.  Solved that one though! ?

And I can't count the drinking buddies made, free drinks received, upgrades confirmed, and random strangers yelled at over the years!  Contrary to popular belief, it's always been my experience that people love Bills fans.  When Buffalo finally wins a Super Bowl, I feel like the entire NFL fanbase will be happy!! :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Please - I travel constantly and was upset at myself because I *didn't* have a Bills logo on my backpack.  Solved that one though! ?

And I can't count the drinking buddies made, free drinks received, upgrades confirmed, and random strangers yelled at over the years!  Contrary to popular belief, it's always been my experience that people love Bills fans.  When Buffalo finally wins a Super Bowl, I feel like the entire NFL fanbase will be happy!! :beer:

You work in the marketing department, don’t you? I think I need more Bills gear! 

• Like (+1) 1

Nope, I lived in Philadelphia for 10 years. Always wore Bills gear. Got a lot of weird looks and sympathy.

This was in the Andy Reid era in Philadelphia.

One guy at a sports bar came up to me and asked, 'Are you a Bills fan?' (looked at me like an endangered species)

'Yup, I'm from WNY' I told him.

'Your team sucks' he said, in an eloquent South Philly accent.

'Yep', I said. Without missing a beat I continued 'But the Eagles are the only NFC East team not able to beat the Bills in a Super Bowl.'

Before he could regroup I added: 'I hate the Cowboys, Giants and Redskins as much as you do, due to SB 25, 26, 27 and 28."

He bought me a round. We were good from then on.