Are you embarrassed to wear Bills gear?

6 hours ago, Another Fan said:

So here's where I'm going with that question.  I don't live in Buffalo/WNY so it's not all that common to find Bills fans/supporters by me.  Every few months I might catch someone with the Bills decal on their car or someone wearing a shirt.  

At work last week I noticed someone wearing a Bills cap last week so I immediately went out of my way to ask if he was a fan.  His first response was, "I know they are a bad team and it's embarrassing but yes".  I went on to try to explain to him I was a fan myself to which he apologized.  Had to go to a meeting so I couldn't shoot the breeze with him too long but just finished saying hopefully Josh puts the pieces together this year.

I guess I could understand the sentiments to some extent.  Being a Bills fan certainly hasn't exactly been easy 

I live in Las Vegas.  All most every time I wear Bills gear, I have someone make a comment (positive) about the bills.

Even in their worst days, I wore my bills gear.  You gotta support the team.  Never have I been embarrassed to show my Bills pride.  If someone gives me their condolences I may make a joke, But is usually come back with a positive comment.

Go Bills!

38 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Not only embarrassed, but cowardly as well. That’s why I have a supply of other teams’ regalia so that when I travel, I can wear that instead. Like when I have to go to Boston for instance, I’m always sure to bring my Brady handwarmer and snuggy. 

Very Disappointing.

Hell to the naw and im in south Florida.Funny story thought,I once sat across for a Jets fan at a local sports bar while watching a Bills vs Jets game.The first quarter he was barking at me from across the bar with his Jets jersey and hat on.He couldn't talk enough crap about the Bills being down 10 points and how we suck.Well the football gods shone upon our Bills that Sunday and we came back to win.After the game I immediately looked across the bar to find my friend who was nowhere to be see.I found him ducking behind the crowd with a different shirt and no hat on.I walked up to him as he tried to sneak away and dont you know he went to the bathroom and stuck his hat and Jersey in his back waistband.He tried to sneek out without me noticing....I called him out in front of the whole place.Twas a great day to be a proud Bills fan...true story.

Edited by Bills fan in 561
  • Like (+1) 1

ahem what kind of troll post is this anyway come to a Bills  diehards central forum and ask if we are embarrassed to wear Bills gear...Im embarrassed you would ask such a question what kind of weak lame *** stuff is that?? lol @-@

Not embarrassed at all - in fact when I do wear Bills (or Sabre's) stuff I usually run into someone from WNY which I always enjoy.  What I have learned over the years is that it's very rare that the person isn't from WNY.  And when they're not from WNY its usually someone who a) grew up during the glory years or b) had a relative/father/mother from WNY....

I kind of stopped after a funny incident I had about 20 years ago.

Went to get a haircut with my Flutie jersey and the idiot who

cut my hair asked why I was wearing the jersey, did I play

the flute. He was a Giant fan so I knew he was either making 

a gay joke at my expense or, as usual taking a shot at the bills.

Just want to add I'm not from NY, the bills bashing is pretty bad

the  farther away you go from NY. Still a butt of the joke to some old 

timers. I rarely if ever tell anyone I'm a Bills fan. I don't want the

sympathy or the nut busting. 

Edited by Albwan

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

In fact, just took my 86 year old mom to the doctor to check on her broken wrist. She put BILLS bandaids on her cast just to torment the nurse who is a Stillers fan! We bleed the RED, WHITE and BLUE. You’ve heard of avid fans? Well, we’re RABID fans!

13 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I've never had a problem wearing Bill's gear, no matter where I lived.  That's silly.

That said, no one in NZ is going to know what the Bills logo stands for.

I heard the Canterbury Crusaders are being forced to change their name.

I left Buffalo in '95, lived in Dallas for 11 years, and have been in SW Washington for the last 12 years.  I always wear my Bills gear.  If anyone gives me a hard time about it, I tell them I'm a hard core fan and sometimes suggest that they go eat a bag of dirty demon ***** (male reproductive organs).

6 hours ago, Stranded in Boston said:

Hell yeah Pete! ?  I've lived in Boston 34 years and always wear my Bills and Sabres gear proudly. I get a few sneers here and there from locals, but mostly Buffalo sports gear is a great way to attract fellow WNY transplants. We always stop and chat a few minutes; it drives my non-Buffalonian wife nuts!  Last week we were heading out to Wegman's (we have one in Boston now -- but bummer, no Sahlen's hot dogs), and she said, "Do you really have to wear that hat?"  

The tide is about to turn Bills brother!  New England is enjoying their run now- Brady will be 42 opening day-their days at the top are numbered.  I love what Beane and company are doing now!  The next 20 years are ours.  He who laughs last laughs hardest.  I went to school in NH, spent a lot of time in Boston, I have many friends from that area that have busted my balls since the 90's about the Bills/Pats.  Our day is coming.  I think you hear us knocking New England.  We are going to bust the door down!  And I will laugh hardest.  Go Bills!

and wearing Bills gear, it's great to meet fellow Bills fans in enemy territory!  

I always wear my bills gear. I’m not a jersey wearing guy, but my bills hat and the occasional hoodie or t-shirt always gets attention.

I travel a lot and I’ve recently had many football fans comment on how the team is positioned well for the future. I’m In So. FL right now and met a family from Hamburg this am because of my bills hat.

why would you not?  Most of the fun of being a fan is connecting with other fans. 

43 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I've never had a problem wearing Bill's gear, no matter where I lived.  That's silly.

That said, no one in NZ is going to know what the Bills logo stands for.

So, it’s almost like you are a missionary! Spread the good word! 

...OK, almost....

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

I heard the Canterbury Crusaders are being forced to change their name.

You heard wrong.

The team themselves are having the conversation and are certainly not being "forced" into anything. 

Fake news.

57 minutes ago, Augie said:

So, it’s almost like you are a missionary! Spread the good word! 

...OK, almost....

(Or a cancer...)

Just joking!

Edited by Bad Things
  • Sad 2