Are you embarrassed to wear Bills gear?

Old Guy Bills fan here.  Born in Buffalo, been a fan since childhood, season tickets from 1987 to 1996 and then gave them up to get married and start a family. 

To this day, If I have one spending weakness it's buying Bills gear.  I don't live in Buffalo now so wearing Bills stuff is always a conversation starter.  I live in Northeast Ohio and Browns fans here have a real affinity for the Bills as both teams are similar:  Blue collar towns hard hit by economics but now having a bit of a revival.  Also interesting is that over the years the four Super Bowl losses seem to be respected since it's pretty much impossible for one team to get there four years in a row.  Jim Kelly has a lot to do with it too.  So the team is associated with perseverance, coming back from tough circumstances, etc. 

Then when fans started donating to Andy Dalton's charity when he helped us into the playoffs, it seems like respect for the fanbase increased quite a bit, and also when fans started the GoFundMe to help Darryl Talley. 

I know this is a bit long winded but I have a lot of pride in being a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 3

Never, my last car was bills Blue with red and white lights, license plate covers and flags were all Bills, just had half a meal comped by a restaurant manager in D.C. this past weekend for myself and kids wearing Bills and Sabres gear into the restaurant, almost got into a fist fight in the Denver airport a couple years ago over wearing Bills gear, I have met many great people because of wearing  Bills gear from coast to coast. I Wear it proudly every where, Sabres gear as well, had a random Sabres fan buy me a Blue at a Hurricanes game (not playing the Sabres fwiw) a couple weeks a go in Raleigh for wearing my Eichel jersey and Sabres hat to the game, saved me 10 minutes in line... 

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Have never stopped wearing Bills gear during even the worst years of the drought, and proudly so. Pulling for this team means more to me than their W-L record year in, year out. It's all about staying true to my inner kid who fell in love with the late 80's early 90's Bills by osmosis through following Jim Kelly, whose hometown was right next to mine in Western PA, and no one will ever take that away from me. It takes a weaker kind of fan I think, to pull for the flavor of the day, like the Pats or the Seahawks, etc., as opposed to a franchise that's so often let one down in the end. Plus, taking grief from all the Steelers fans around me only solidified my "rebellious" allegiance to the Bills.  ^_^

Wearing it now in ATL, I've only ever gotten positive feedback from other fans, either native Buffalonians or otherwise, nothing ever negative. 

They can take my Bills gear, Huds, when they pry it out of my cold dead hands and peel it off of my rotting corpse.

Hopefully many, many, many, many, many years into the future as it would be inappropriate burial attire for someone who died of natural causes, quietly and painlessly, in my own bed.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Everytime i wear Bills gear i get a 'Go Bills'. I was in Rome, Italy wearing my pullover and a guy stoped me and talked to me about the team. People love the Bills. When we are good again we will be supported by a ton of people. Football fans in their late 30's on up grew up watching the Bills being good. I think they are waiting for us to be good again. 

I live in Vermont which is a mix of Patriots and Giants fans with a sprinkle of Jets fans.  I love wearing my bills apparel and have a decal on my truck.  I would never and will never be ashamed to show my pride.