Are you embarrassed to wear Bills gear?

My only embarrassment, if it can be called that, having to do with Bills gear is how much I have of it. Do I need 7 Bills Starter jackets (listen, they are dirt cheap on ebay and I LOVED Starter as a kid) or that helmet phone I just bought for my desk? Nope.

I'm in CT. I rock my Bills hat and jacket every day. Come at me Pat-bros. I've heard it all.

Never ever have I been embarrassed to wear Bills gear. I have had a lot of conversations around the country with fellow Bills fans as a result. I love hearing a Go Bills! out nowhere when I am out and about.

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

ummmmmm   maybe if you wash them NOW they will win a game 

Well, they’re not playing NOW, are they? Maybe I’ll hold off till the regular season. Preseason counts for nothing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, tbarg12 said:

Living in Dallas I usually get the "Why the Bills?", when I wear my Bills gear around. I rep it proud though

You and Cole Beasley should bond over this...  ?

I wear it proudly.  My wife wears Bills and Sabres gear all the time even though she is a Niners fan (and SF native).  She likes the Bills colors and she has found she really likes meeting displaced WNYers. 

My daughters and sons wear Bills gear all the time.  They all tell me that wearing Bills gear always leads to meeting great people with WNY roots. 

The Bills bond people together like no other fan base.  The Steelers might be close but I think the Bills are still more core to the image of WNY than the Steelers are to Pittsburgh. Wearing the gear is a sign of our pride in not just our team but in our home region.  To coin an old phrase "We're talking Proud!!!".

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, they’re not playing NOW, are they? Maybe I’ll hold off till the regular season. Preseason counts for nothing. 

Hazmat units in Atlanta are on standby...

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Hazmat units in Atlanta are on standby...

It’s not as bad as it sounds, I wear them on the outside. Talk about getting comments about your Bills gear! I get a LOT of attention! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s not as bad as it sounds, I wear them on the outside. Talk about getting comments about your Bills gear! I get a LOT of attention! 

Officer:  Sir you are under arrest for indecent exposure but seeing you are a Bills fan, we are taking you for a psych evaluation first....

Augie:  You don't understand...they are my unlucky charm...

4 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Officer:  Sir you are under arrest for indecent exposure but seeing you are a Bills fan, we are taking you for a psych evaluation first....

Augie:  You don't understand...they are my unlucky charm...

Hey now, we should leave the little leprechaun out of this.....

This reminds me of a coaster I saw:

Officer: You drinking?

Driver: You buying?

We laughed and laughed!

I need bail money. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Proud to wear Bills stuff. Always amazed by how many people comment on it. Buffalo is kinda like that Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon game, seems like everyone has a tie to the WNY or the team.

Yup.  I wore Bills stuff skiing last month in CA and got several shout outs.  

I was working in a bank in Hilton Head, SC when a lady and her daughter walked in. The daughter had a Bills shirt on so I asked if the were from Buffalo. They said yes, from Williamsville. I asked where. She said not actually Williamsville, Swormville. I asked where. She said Ransom Oaks. I asked which street. Fiddlers Green. I asked which house. They lived two doors down from us! I knew the red house, but mainly noticed the giant Newfoundland dogs. Anyway, we became pals and I used look forward to them coming in and chatting. All due to a Bills shirt. 

• Like (+1) 1