Are you embarrassed to wear Bills gear?

Bills fans actually have a great rep with the Bills Mafia.  Some may think the antics are childish but whenever I'm wearing Bills gear in ATL, I get people respectfully saying "Bills Mafia!" when they see me.

• Like (+1) 1

Never. Not once.

Not when my son was born and a Giants fan yelled “wide right” down the hallway of the hospital. 

Not it when i had the Jets logo shaved into my head after that god awful Thursday Night loss. 

Not after any super bowl. 

Never. 

Edited by RobbRiddicksTDLeap

1 hour ago, pepsicat17 said:

No - never. Proud to wear my colors and rep my team no matter what. 

All day every day. 

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:07 PM, Not at the table Karlos said:

If you've ever drove down chippewa on a fri or sat night you most likely hit someone too or had some idiot walk into your car. Its a mess and full of UB students that are taught that people can walk into traffic with out consequence. If you dont believe me about UB go drive thru north campus. 

But to answer the question. Willis by far

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

So here's where I'm going with that question.  I don't live in Buffalo/WNY so it's not all that common to find Bills fans/supporters by me.  Every few months I might catch someone with the Bills decal on their car or someone wearing a shirt.  

At work last week I noticed someone wearing a Bills cap last week so I immediately went out of my way to ask if he was a fan.  His first response was, "I know they are a bad team and it's embarrassing but yes".  I went on to try to explain to him I was a fan myself to which he apologized.  Had to go to a meeting so I couldn't shoot the breeze with him too long but just finished saying hopefully Josh puts the pieces together this year.

I guess I could understand the sentiments to some extent.  Being a Bills fan certainly hasn't exactly been easy 

I was rocking my Bills gear when they were 1-12-1.

• Like (+1) 1

Have never stopped wearing Bills gear during even the worst years of the drought, and proudly so. Pulling for this team means more to me than their W-L record year in, year out. It's all about staying true to my inner kid who fell in love with the late 80's early 90's Bills by osmosis through following Jim Kelly, whose hometown was right next to mine in Western PA, and no one will ever take that away from me. It takes a weaker kind of fan I think, to pull for the flavor of the day, like the Pats or the Seahawks, etc., as opposed to a franchise that's so often let one down in the end. Plus, taking grief from all the Steelers fans around me only solidified my "rebellious" allegiance to the Bills.  ^_^

Wearing it now in ATL, I've only ever gotten positive feedback from other fans, either native Buffalonians or otherwise, nothing ever negative. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

So here's where I'm going with that question.  I don't live in Buffalo/WNY so it's not all that common to find Bills fans/supporters by me.  Every few months I might catch someone with the Bills decal on their car or someone wearing a shirt.  

At work last week I noticed someone wearing a Bills cap last week so I immediately went out of my way to ask if he was a fan.  His first response was, "I know they are a bad team and it's embarrassing but yes".  I went on to try to explain to him I was a fan myself to which he apologized.  Had to go to a meeting so I couldn't shoot the breeze with him too long but just finished saying hopefully Josh puts the pieces together this year.

I guess I could understand the sentiments to some extent.  Being a Bills fan certainly hasn't exactly been easy 

I keep a Bills mini-helmet on my work desk and I live in Patriots country. Oh, and my license plates say "DA BILLS"

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Bleed Red and Blue.  Its part of who I am.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

We belong to the Disney Vacation club so we go down to Disney World a lot, and the family always picks one day to what we call "represent".   We wear our Bills stuff and see how many other fans we can find during the day.  We always see a ton of other fans any time we're there.

• Like (+1) 2

Not embarrassed. When I lived in DC area, I was almost always greeted by another fan.

It's amazing how many out of town Bills fans there are. Data showing the out -of-town followers and ranking teams would be interesting.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

***** no!  I rock Bills gear in New England almost daily!  And if I ever see someone with Bills gear on, I always go and meet them. 

Hell yeah Pete! ?  I've lived in Boston 34 years and always wear my Bills and Sabres gear proudly. I get a few sneers here and there from locals, but mostly Buffalo sports gear is a great way to attract fellow WNY transplants. We always stop and chat a few minutes; it drives my non-Buffalonian wife nuts!  Last week we were heading out to Wegman's (we have one in Boston now -- but bummer, no Sahlen's hot dogs), and she said, "Do you really have to wear that hat?"  

• Like (+1) 1

Nah, rock bills stuff all the time here in NYC. I think we have some of the nicest merchandise so usually get compliments

11 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Yes, which is why I gave it all away. The sticker came off my car after the night Jets game a couple years ago. 130am i'M in my driveway scraping a sticker off the window. The next morning everything went to Goodwill. All of it. Don't miss it at all.

Seriously?