Are you embarrassed to wear Bills gear?

Not embarrassed, but because I live in New England, it can be genuinely uncomfortable. Too many Pats fans are pathetic human beings - mean-spirited, aggressively antagonistic, no class, no respect for others' fandom. Rival teams' fans are simply not welcome. I don't even go to the bar on Sunday if the Pats are playing - I got sick of being harassed, and it's not the good-natured ribbing I always enjoy with other fan bases. Fortunately, the Brady Bunch are regularly featured in the prime time slots, so there are usually a few 'safe Sundays' when I can go watch the Bills get crushed in peace. 

I've been wearing a Bills jersey on every football Sunday (and the rare Monday) for decades.  Never stopped; never will.  I wear other random Bills t-shirts/hats throughout the year.  Jerseys are only for game days.

No disrespect but it’s kinda embarrassing you ask that question.  As critical as I can be about this team, I absolutely love being a Buffalo Bills fan. I take so much pride being from Buffalo and other people respect us for our pride.  It’s easy to be a Pats or Warriors fan (especially since most of them just become one!).  It’s not easy to be a Bills fan. 

If you are embarrassed to wear Bills stuff, then it’s more of a you problem IMO.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm never more proud than when I'm wearing Bills or Sabres gear, and I am a guy that wears a suit and tie daily in my profession.

I was on vacation in Sarasota recently and wore my Bills cap. First person I met told me that he was originally from Chautauqua and had lived in Florida for 30 years. He said, "You've got a lot to be proud of wearing that hat."

He was spot on!

I don't know if it's fair to say the guy was embarrassed. It sounds more to me like a guy who gets hammered by fans of other teams on a regular basis and is giving the ole' "yeah, yeah - I get it, whatever". 

I understand that feeling completely. You're not embarrassed. You just know it's a losing battle trying to debate Bills with ignorant bandwagon fans of winning teams. So you just get programmed to cut them off before they start in because you just don't wanna listen to it from someone else.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

Never.  When I go away on vacation, it's basically all I wear.  And every day it sparks some kind of conversation - somebody with a tie to the team, either as a fan or an opponent or someone who has lived in the area.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Never.  When I go away on vacation, it's basically all I wear.  And every day it sparks some kind of conversation - somebody with a tie to the team, either as a fan or an opponent or someone who has lived in the area.

Kinda funny.  Any time I'm on vacation and have a bill's shirt or hat on,  it takes about 1 minute before i hear,  "Go Bills!" come from out of nowhere from random people. Then i respond with the same. 

Its even better when some random person starts to sing the Shout! song.

Edited by loyal2dagame
  • Like (+1) 2