Report: Bills were 'furious' about Jets' 2018 trade-up for Sam Darnold

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I respect everyone for fully being on board with Allen.  But it’s funny how we would be doing the same thing if we picked Darnold and laugh at the Jets for picking a guy who completed 52% of his passes. 

If that's all you focused on, then I'd be laughing at you. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

If that's all you focused on, then I'd be laughing at you. 

Dude, you’re such a homer you know you’d be doing it too. ?  

the far majority of the posters didn’t want Allen.  

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

The QB class for the most part was as good as advertised and then some IMO. 

A good shot in the arm for the NFL...

Really?  Baker was really good and the rest had their moments but they were some of the worst qbs in the league.  Obviously, it’s year one but it’s goign to be tough for the match the 2017 class, which was considered a bad one.  

4 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

I don't trust Pac10 QBs Rodgers is the only one I can think of recently who has had long success, Carson Palmer worked out too but not as well as Aaron. The rest have been Matt Barkley, Sanchize, Leinart, Rosen (jury is out) Mariota (looks like he is going to fizzle out) I'm sure I am missing a few but the Pac10 has been abysmal at sending pro ready qbs in the recent past. I am good with Josh Allen.  As I'm writing this I forgot about Luck he is obviously a franchise guy, and I also forgot about Goff who also seems legit.

The Pac 12 hasn't produced much but Nick Foles has done well and Jake Plummer was serviceable, but that list isn't very impressive. I personally think the QBs from USC and UCLA fail with cold weather teams.

Nothing against Darnold, he looks like he's going to be a fine QB for the Jets but I honestly think the Bills had their mind set on Allen. He's got a stronger arm and he is more athletic and I believe the Bills were locked in on Allen as their top guy. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I've admitted I didn't want Allen prior to the draft and was pissed when they traded-up and passed-over Rosen over to take him.  Then I saw him play. 

Like I said, if after his rookie season you're focusing on his 52.8% completion rate (versus Darnold's 57.7%)...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I've admitted I didn't want Allen prior to the draft and was pissed when they traded-up and passed-over Rosen over to take him.  Then I saw him play. 

Like I said, if after his rookie season you're focusing on his 52.8% completion rate (versus Darnold's 57.7%)...

How can anyone compare the two based off completion percentage?

Allen had one of the worst WR groups in football for most of the year.

If KB was on the Jets dropping balls left and right would Darnold still be at 57.7%? I'm betting not. 

The dropped pass by Clay for a TD vs Miami that would have won the game sums up what Allen had to deal with all season. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m sure the Bills were very upset -if that’s different from furious. I think they hoped or expected that everyone would keep their spots and we’d have a bevy of Draft picks while landing a can’t miss QB. When the Jets ‘Jets’d’, everyone else in the QB frenzy had to surrender hard earned choices (multiple 2nds, multiple 3rds) just to assure no team would sneak up and ruin it. 

We’ll likely never know if Darnold was #1 on our Board, but if it was Allen and Darnold was the Jets #1, then those idiots from jersey screwed up everybody’s hard earned capital -including their own, when they didn’t even have to.

I hate them.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I think most fans were pretty upset that day...the Jets pulled off the trade the Bills were supposed to make....hopefully Allen will be just as good- if not better.

I think Allen will turn out to be much better than Darnold. Just a hunch

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree, I wanted Mayfield from that draft even if we needed to make a RG3 type of trade to get the number 1 pick. Allen was my second choice because he has all the tools but just needed some coaching to fix some things. Darnold was 3rd to me but it was very close between Darnold and Allen. Those three guys were the only QB's that I thought should get picked in the 1st rd of the draft. At present I still have them rated 1. Mayfield 2. Allen 3. Darnold.

Agreed. Actually I was not that high on Allen and was scared of him just being a measurables guy. Much more optimistic after seeing him during his rookie year. Draft day though I had Darnold rated higher based on level of competition and football IQ. Regardless, Mayfield was far and away my QB1. 

45 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Really?  Baker was really good and the rest had their moments but they were some of the worst qbs in the league.  Obviously, it’s year one but it’s goign to be tough for the match the 2017 class, which was considered a bad one.  

If you consider the circumstances the QB class had going into the NFL.  HC and regime changes current or about to happen. The rookie class of QB's faced an uphill battle in terms of carrying their perspective franchises.

Including Josh Allen who did one hell of a job trying in my humble opinion. 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

It really makes you wonder whether Allen truly was their #1 target from the start...or whether he was their #1 target when it appeared that Mayfield it Darnold would be off the board.  

I remember watching ESPN and there were few who were suggesting that Allen could go first overall to Cleveland , even some of the mock drafts  as well 

I still believe we got the BEST QB in that draft , and by week 6 you will ALL believe as well !!!

Goooo Bills!!!

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Yav said:

How can anyone compare the two based off completion percentage?

Allen had one of the worst WR groups in football for most of the year.

If KB was on the Jets dropping balls left and right would Darnold still be at 57.7%? I'm betting not. 

The dropped pass by Clay for a TD vs Miami that would have won the game sums up what Allen had to deal with all season. 

People still blame Allen for that clay drop too. Like the guy wasnt just running around for his life because his offensive line is pure trash. He got it in the vicinity to make it a very catchable ball. Clay should have caught it. It honestly reminded me of Wyoming at many times last year, where Allen would take the snap and be under immediate pressure.