Ledyard: 2019 NFL Draft Edge Defender Rankings

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it is a really good class. 

I have Bosa, Allen, Ferrell, Burns, Sweat, Polite and Ferguson all with 1st round grades. 

Do you have a second or third round grade on Winovich? He is the embodiment of a McDermott type of guy. 

3 minutes ago, hemma said:

I don't know that they have Gary correctly categorized.

May be IDL, not Edge.

That's the problem with Gary.  He has only really played edge, but people are projecting him to the inside.  personally, I'd like to see it before spending a high draft pick on a projection.  

16 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

That's the problem with Gary.  He has only really played edge, but people are projecting him to the inside.  personally, I'd like to see it before spending a high draft pick on a projection.  

They moved him around. He did rush the passer at times because he could overmatch some opponents (physically) there but in that defense he played inside and  outside. He was sometimes taken off the field in obvious passing situations and subbed for a pure pass rusher. He cleared the way a lot for Winovich. He doesn’t belong in this group imo. I understand assessing some of the skill sets because I think he will be a DT who can rush the passer but why he’s either the Edge guys I have no idea. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

I wonder what it would cost to go from 9 to 4 if Bosa falls. 

DO IT!!!!!   I think Bean would do that.  Can you imagine a young D with the following in place: CB (White/perhaps Wallace).  LB (Milano, Edmunds), Edge: Bosa.  Secondary: Hyde/Poyer.  Then get DL (Wise from Kansas) in like Rd. 3. 

I'd trade 9, and a second to get Bosa. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They moved him around. He did rush the passer at times because he could overmatch some opponents there but in that defense he played inside and  outside. He was sometimes taken off the field in obvious passing situations and subbed for a pure pass rusher. He cleared the way a lot for Winovich. He doesn’t belong in this group imo. I understand assessing some of the skill sets because I think he will be a DT who can rush the passer but why he’s either the Edge guys I have no idea. 

Gary is interesting.  his numbers in college are not impressive AT ALL.  Yet some are projecting him as a top 10 pick.  That scares me.  Hopefully Oakland takes him, and White falls to us. 

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

DO IT!!!!!   I think Bean would do that.  Can you imagine a young D with the following in place: CB (White/perhaps Wallace).  LB (Milano, Edmunds), Edge: Bosa.  Secondary: Hyde/Poyer.  Then get DL (Wise from Kansas) in like Rd. 3. 

I'd trade 9, and a second to get Bosa. . 

I would think, at an absolute minimum, the cost is 9+2020 1st. I still do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Everything beano and McDermott have done to this point is about scheme fit. From the secondary to the linebackers it's been lengthy players.  The Trent Murphy move because of the length and not trusting shaq to loose weight to his credit he did. The buffalo bills board will have these players ranked on scheme fit above all. Bosa, sweat,  and Ferrell are the ones who fit the scheme best because of the size and length.  Tremaine Edmunds is a perfect example of the bills drafting measurables. 

10 hours ago, DallasMac said:

Been waiting for something like this to come out.  I really think the defensive class is overrated.  There are some good DTs available but as far as pass rushers I don't see it after Bosa, Allen.  I really like Williams at the DT spot.  I just feel that it's a solid draft class that's missing elite players other than the top 5 or so.  I hope the Bills trade back unless one of the elite guys fall.  A lot of good solid talent will be available in the second round.

We will never get Williams but if we can somehow snag Dexter Lawrence in the second, i will be stoked , an athletic 350 pounder is hard to find, reminds me of Haloti  Ngata .

dominate force against the run. He possesses a combination of size, movement skills, strength, and short area quickness that makes him very difficult to block with one blocks. He fires off the ball and immediately stuns blockers with his power on first contact. Lawrence shows the traits to play in both a one-gap (in limited exposures) and a two-gap scheme. He has heavy hands and surprises with the suddenness of pop when he gets extended.

The former Clemson product creates disruption as he's able to re-establish the line of scrimmage and drive blocks where he wants. But Lawrence won't provide much pass rush and is inconsistent when using his hands to counter. He's just scratching the surface of his potential. For NFL teams that need to upgrade their run defense, he'll be one of the first players considered. Lawrence will likely see starting reps early on in his professional career.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dexter-lawrence-nfl-draft-profile/ar-BBTNza1

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...