Bortles signs with the Rams

JK Fan

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Lol. What happens when Goff gets hurt and Bortles lights it up? 

Working with McVay in a very good, innovative offense might actually be a good spot.  I will always hold a grudge against Guff for playing so poorly in the Super Bowl and giving the game to New England

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I still cannot believe this guy won a playoff game against the Bills. 

And then went on to beat a Steelers team that was a serious title contender.

2 minutes ago, 947 said:

And then went on to beat a Steelers team that was a serious title contender.

That playoff run was something else.  The guy shows flashes of competency but then will turn around and throw four picks a week later.  Stunning inconsistency.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Working with McVay in a very good, innovative offense might actually be a good spot.  I will always hold a grudge against Guff for playing so poorly in the Super Bowl and giving the game to New England

McVay takes some of that blame for the predictable game plan. Goff isn’t a world beater but McGenious and his staff didn’t do that offense any favors.

Two weeks prep time and they made zero adjustments against the team who has made scouting tendencies their favorite past time. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I still cannot believe this guy won a playoff game against the Bills. 

Ehh...I'd say Tyrod won that game for the Jags...he was downright abysmal...Bortles was merely terrible.

I’m amazed at not just how wrong we can be about QBs, but how wrong people paid to evaluate these guys can be just as clueless. I was all in on EJ and defended him for way too long. People on this site have extolled the virtues of the likes of Bortles, Barkley, Hackenberg, and Rosen who may well get traded for a third round pick. It’s one thing for us to be wrong, but people whose job it is remains head scratching.

4 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I’m amazed at not just how wrong we can be about QBs, but how wrong people paid to evaluate these guys can be just as clueless. I was all in on EJ and defended him for way too long. People on this site have extolled the virtues of the likes of Bortles, Barkley, Hackenberg, and Rosen who may well get traded for a third round pick. It’s one thing for us to be wrong, but people whose job it is remains head scratching.

Ultimately it's a people business.  It's one thing to look at a guy on tape and see he can check all the boxes on throws / processing etc.  It's something else when you are handing a 21 year old kid millions of dollars and the keys to the franchise.  A guy could have every tool in the box and not be able to handle that responsibility.

12 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

He might be better than Jared Goff....at least he didn't crap the bed like Goff did against NE.  That dude sucks

Skip Bayless would be proud of this take. 

37 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Way too early to lump Rosen in.  

3 hours ago, gjv001 said:

I doubt Bortles gets a real chance to start in LA. However, if by some dumb luck he does, he could outplay Goff.

He won’t.  He’s not good.  He’s EJ with better PR.