Full Intelligent Breakdown of DK Metcalf

Scorp83

2 hours ago, JM57 said:

You can fall in love with him if you want, but you cannot deny that pinning the hopes of your offense on not one, but two key players with both a very low floor and very high ceiling is not smart. You're taking two huge risks by adding Metcalf to the mix with Allen. 

This is another reason I like DK... because Allen is proof... this front office isn't afraid to take the Raw talented guy with the big upside! Allen is proof of that... they have strong values on they're front office, they feel like they can coach anyone up! Which is why they took Allen. DK is the kind of prospect right up they're alley it would seem.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

I'm not a fan of him for our team simply because I think we have 4 guys that have proven themselves to be able to get separation and move the chains, and I can't stop thinking about how embarrassing it was when the Patriots were simply handing off the ball and Sony Michel and Burkhead etc. gashed us for almost 300 yards, over 6 ypc.

You can have three Julio Joneses and still not win a game with that kind of defense. 

We just can't ignore that kind of shredding, and if we're in a position to land a game changing defensive guy who can help us stop the run I believe we need to do it.  

Let's not get crazy... Allen accuracy issues haven't went away... & he ran more then he threw last year too. Yes he showed upside, but he still has to develop a huge chunk of his game. I think he will but just in case it doesn't happen in week 1... DK might be what he needs until he gets comfortable with the rest of his weapons.

Plus... I'm happy about John Brown & Beasley... they are definitely upgrades! But that also tell us how bad at the position we were. Brown, Beasley, Zay & Foster... isn't scaring anyone! Now if you add a DK to that mix... yes... that's a little scary.

I agree with drafting someone to help us stop the run... its definitely needed! But DT is so deep! We can get a game changing starter in the 2nd or 3rd Rd. No sense in jumping to get something we need at a position that's deep at 9th.  That's like drafting Sammy in a WR heavy draft...it wasn't smart then ... & I don't think it's smart now...even if it's a different position 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I'm torn. Ideal for me would be feeling like we steal him at 15 (for example) if a trade down situation.  At 9? Not so sure. 

Hmmm ???

1 hour ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

It’s not that I wouldn’t want Metcalf, it’s just that I feel there’s great value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds at WR. I feel we can get an impact  game changing player in round 1 and still get a good WR in round 2.

From that video, the part that scares me if the lack of concentration at times resulting in drops. That’s the last thing we need after last season.

They said that about Antonio Brown too... I'm starting to trust our coaching I have a little more faith right now ?

35 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Agreed.

I will say though that Rex maxamized Dareus's coverage skills.?  The bad tends to make people forget the good.

Foster, Brown and Metcalf.  Sounds like a law firm.

The question for the D is who is running the 9 route.

Better than the law firm we fans have been represented by for 20 years...law offices of Dewey,Cheetham, and Howe lol

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I love when people bringing forth an argument refer to their side as intelligent

I didn't post it for argument purposes...I post it for discussion purposes. I felt like the person that made the video did a great job. It was intellectually done imo. 

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Talk about risk reward type pick.... it may depend as much on the coaches and system as it does on Metcalf.  Sounds like he could be a match made in heaven for Josh.  The Speed on The Bills with Foster and now Brown would be elite and scary good.

No different then the Allen pick last year... ?

• Like (+1) 1

DK Metcalf - 1,228 yds and 14 TDs

Calvin Johnson - 2,927 yds and 29 TDs

DK Metcalf CAREER numbers - 1,228 yds and 14 TDs

Calvin Johnson JUNIOR year numbers - 1,202 yds and 15 TDs

This guy puts all the blame on an inconsistent QB and their coaches failure to revolve their offense around him. Funny, considering Calvin had a QB with a 44% completion percentage throwing him the ball in Calvin's junior year. Compared to DK's QB who threw for a career average of 64%. So who had the more inaccurate QB? Yet Calvin somehow doubled DK's college production. Weird. 

Yet this SAME inconsistent and overly inaccurate QB somehow managed to get the ball to AJ Brown for 1320 yds and 6 TDs. Funny.

You guys can drool over his combine numbers but I look at production. If we're going WR in round 1, trade down and give me one of the Browns.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I didn't post it for argument purposes...I post it for discussion purposes. I felt like the person that made the video did a great job. It was intellectually done imo. 

No different then the Allen pick last year... ?

I’m just giving you *****. 

Here’s my challenge.  Find a receiver who was a combine warrior, didn’t have the actual college stats, but went on to have a stellar career. 

There may be some, that’s why I’m asking. 

To me, a guy who isn’t fluid with routes, has injury issues, and didn’t light it up in college makes me want to stay away from the guy 

I don’t want this guy. 

He may turn out great or good, but we’re not a passing team yet. 

If we were New Orleans or maybe Pittsburgh sure they throw 50+ times a game. The guy gets his targets and progresses hopefully into a superstar. But we’re buffalo, and even with our splashy receiving signings and possible AB interest etc etc this is still a run first team. Run the ball, work play action, play stout defense and control the clock while winning the turnover battle. 

Thats the formula these guys are going to use a large portion of the time IMO. 

So for me, we need help on the defensive line, and as some said that New England game sticks out with Michel killing us and them running for 300. If I’m picking top 10 I’m taking the best can’t miss blue chip prospect I can get. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, somnus00 said:

An elite WR makes plays. Greedy ate DK's lunch.

Being an amazing physical specimen doesn't automatically make you a great receiver.

I've already broken this down.  I'd hardly calls this Greedy dominating him or eating his lunch.  It was a great battle for sure, but Metcalf actually made some plays too.  I don't like his drop in the redzone but what I do like is the battle with the best CB in the nation.  Metcalf drew a pass INT call on a deep play.  Greedy drew an offensive pass int call on another deep play.  Metcalf caught a curl.  Greedy had great coverage on the first snap and Safety got a break on the pass early because the QB stared it down.  To me Metcalf was actually open on some other plays, one was a play where he ran a slant.  But the QB never looked backside.  In any case I'd hardly consider this evidence that indicts Metcalf, and actually far from it so I wish people would study it carefully and see that the same play making ability is there, just not as often.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t want this guy. 

He may turn out great or good, but we’re not a passing team yet. 

If we were New Orleans or maybe Pittsburgh sure they throw 50+ times a game. The guy gets his targets and progresses hopefully into a superstar. But we’re buffalo, and even with our splashy receiving signings and possible AB interest etc etc this is still a run first team. Run the ball, work play action, play stout defense and control the clock while winning the turnover battle. 

Thats the formula these guys are going to use a large portion of the time IMO. 

So for me, we need help on the defensive line, and as some said that New England game sticks out with Michel killing us and them running for 300. If I’m picking top 10 I’m taking the best can’t miss blue chip prospect I can get. 

This post is very muddled and hard to make sense of.

1) You can become a passing team by adding what's considered the potentially best WR in the class. Also helps they added three new pass catching weapons via FA.

2) You point out our interest in adding someone like AB, but we are a run first team. If they had legit interest in AB, maybe they wanted to change up the offense. Add more balance? Become more pass heavy?

3) You point out getting ran on by Sony, however you also then state you want the absolute best player, what if the absolute best player isnt a run stuffer?

I am at the same time more and less okay with DK after what we have done on the market.

More so because I think he could play a complimentary role to what we already have on offense.

Less because WR is less of an immediate need now and I might just as soon have a Ed Oliver/Montez Sweat/etc and a Kelvin Harmon or JJ Arcega-Whiteside later in the draft.

54 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

This post is very muddled and hard to make sense of.

1) You can become a passing team by adding what's considered the potentially best WR in the class. Also helps they added three new pass catching weapons via FA.

2) You point out our interest in adding someone like AB, but we are a run first team. If they had legit interest in AB, maybe they wanted to change up the offense. Add more balance? Become more pass heavy?

3) You point out getting ran on by Sony, however you also then state you want the absolute best player, what if the absolute best player isnt a run stuffer?

Just because they were considering an AB style receiver doesn’t mean it’ll increase passing attempts. They’re not going to morph into a pass heavy team. McDermott is an old school coach who believes in controlling the clock and the other things I listed. He’s not going to suddenly become Sean Payton with a 2nd year quarterback. 

Adding possibly the “best” receiver in the class means squat (Sammy Watkins).. There’s a ton of other receivers considered the best in a class that weren’t very good either. Not saying metcalf won’t be good. 

And the best player doesn’t have to be a run stuffer, but that’s the meat and potatoes of the top 10 is D line elite prospects. 

Best I can summarize is no way Beane is using a top 10 pick on a player who doesn’t have elite football on tape. Combine stats mean nothing if it doesn’t match up on game tape. Maybe metcalf turns into a top 5 receiver maybe not. His tape says no way. His combine says he could be one of the best to ever play. I’m sure there’s a team and gm who are willing to take that risk. In the current state of the bills roster that’s a risk they don’t need to take. 

I think DK will be successful but injuries are obviously a concern.  If he can stay healthy I believe he will do good things in the NFL.  That's a huge if though with his history.  Not at 9 but def in a trade back.  If you miss out you miss out.  

DK just the video says can definitely be successful in the right system and with the right Quarterback. My comparison for him is Dez bryant but he is more explosive.

Dez was never a Good route runner..but was able to be productive catching jump balls slants and deep passes but it takes a Seasoned qb to be able to get production out of those type of players often times they wont have much separation but will still be open given their catch radius and body position. Its why Dak struggled throwing him the ball and why his preferred option was beasley or witten...Romo was obviously more seasoned and more able to understand the nuances of passing.